Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Lotus fan

BuyMe500Pugs_Please
Hi I created a dark elf magicka nightblade recently and on the option of morphing teleport strike I chose lotus fan but it seems like it does nothing really. I'll create another magblade and go with Breton this time since I only got to level 13 with the elf, should I just not morph teleport strike and is the standard version deal magic damage?

Best Answers

• leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lotus fan deals the same damage as the base morph but has a small aoe dot and a 70% snare.

It has the same damage as ambush so if the damage is low then thats your build problem.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
    Answer ✓
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lotus fan is a gap-closer, it's not supposed to be your spammable DPS-skill. It's just supposed to get you to the player. But honestly - Lotus Fan slows and it deals damage. It's pretty efficient.
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
    Answer ✓
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lotus fan is a gap-closer, it's not supposed to be your spammable DPS-skill. It's just supposed to get you to the player. But honestly - Lotus Fan slows and it deals damage. It's pretty efficient.

I'd even say a little too efficient 70% snare is no joke, its stupid.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
    Answer ✓
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should always morph skills as soon as able. The morphs are always more powerful...if that's what you're asking.

In general, if an ability offers a magic based option and a stam, you'll want magic. If it's not clear, you're looking for magic damage, or magic based damage (flame, frost, shock and NOT poison or disease, which is physical).

Lotus fan is designed to close the gap and start a small DOT ticking. It's a very good ability. But it's powermis in getting you close enough to spam concealed weapons (morph of veiled strike). Lotus fan in, concealed weapon 2-3 times then execute...most enemies will be toast.
    Answer ✓