Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Any reason to buy Skywatch Apartment?

Danikat
Danikat
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Is there any reason to buy the Barbed Hook private room in Skywatch?

It's the smallest of the 3 apartments, barely bigger than the free room down in Vulkhel Guard and located in a city with fewer services and amenities (most notably unless I'm missing something you can't pick up crafting writs there). The other two apartments are at least in major cities in different zones to the free rooms so they have the benefit of providing an additional free teleport.

But I can't see any reason at all to buy this one. Am I missing something?
PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • MAEK
    MAEK
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unless you're interested in decorating, there isn't much use for it. I bought it because I like Skywatch, it's relatively close to Auridon's furnishers and it's very cheap.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought that one. (With in-game gold, not real money.)
    I just figured it would be a quick way to get to that city. I know the Jester's Festival partly took place in that city, so it'll be useful if they ever have an event/holiday there again.

Edited by SydneyGrey on July 2, 2017 8:45AM
  • Kaktus
    Kaktus
    ✭✭✭
    Its very easy to put in a second floor and double the interior space, however its not really close to anything major worth fast travelling to except some guild traders and a furnishing store
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Teleports to houses aren't free, are they?
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • MAEK
    MAEK
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes, they are, so you can travel to them at any time, no matter how poor you are :)
  • Insomnia rex
    Insomnia rex
    ✭✭✭
    MAEK wrote: »

Yes, they are, so you can travel to them at any time, no matter how poor you are :)

This is why snugpod, apart from being one of the few houses that look full at item limit, is my favourite on AD side because it offers that nice teleport to undaunted/ masterwritguy & wayshrine and decent trade hub.
    CP630 AR20 PC EU, Alt Mag Sorc AD - Insomnicia Rex
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is why snugpod, apart from being one of the few houses that look full at item limit, is my favourite on AD side because it offers that nice teleport to undaunted/ masterwritguy & wayshrine and decent trade hub.
    I know, right? And it's right next to a stable. I have that one, too. It's great when you start a new character and have instant access to Elden Root thanks to that little tree house.

Edited by SydneyGrey on July 5, 2017 6:51AM