The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Kicked Off After Exceeding "Message Rate" w/o Even Typing Anything

Suddwrath
Suddwrath
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I was just kicked off the server and received a notification that I had been kicked due to "exceeding the message rate" despite not having even typed a single message.
  • homcleric
    homcleric
    I had bad lag then gone.. now I cannot get back onto the game ... guess its another night of eso being down on xb.
    Xbox One GT: HomCleric
  • homcleric
    homcleric
    soon as I type that out here I can login .. good times lol
    Xbox One GT: HomCleric
  • Suddwrath
    Suddwrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    homcleric wrote: »
    I had bad lag then gone.. now I cannot get back onto the game ... guess its another night of eso being down on xb.

I managed to log back in (after a long load time) but now my audio is awful. It keeps cutting out about every 20-30 seconds. It's probably a server thing.
  • Warlock58
    Warlock58
    Soul Shriven
    SaltySudd wrote: »
    I was just kicked off the server and received a notification that I had been kicked due to "exceeding the message rate" despite not having even typed a single message.

The message issue is not one where you have typed in messages but one where the server is receiving so many button presses (messages) that it thinks a bot is attempting to gain access. Pressing the button is equal to a message in programming.