The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Need help to make this build work. (magsorc AOE PVP)

Chelister
Chelister
✭✭✭
I have been mainly using this build in PVE. Recently had an idea to try it out in PVP and really enjoyed it. The PVP I am talking about is Battlegrounds mainly, no duels and rarely Cyrodiil

Skills:
Front Bar (Lightening Staff) - Elemental Blockade / Lightening Flood / Mage's Wrath / Volatile Familiar / Frags / (destro ult / dawnbreaker of smiting or soul strike)
Back Bar (Resto Staff) - Volatile Familiar / Structured Entropy / Healing Ward / Hardened Ward / Dampen Magic (resto ult or power overload)

Equipment:
Head + Shoulders Valkyn Skoria (heavy & medium so +6% to max stats)
Chest / Waist / Hands / Legs / Feet all Necropetence (since I use pet + boost to shield strength)
3 willpower (all enchanted with magicka recovery)

I know that this build has many flaws as AOEs are simply avoidable, but I still want to make it work

PVP rotation:
First thing, I always make sure that entropy / daedric curse + pet’s aoe are always up
While pet’s aoe damage is up I time it and use Elemental Blockade + Lightening Flood 2 secs before the pet stuns
So, if I am successful, the pet stuns the enemy which is right under my two aoes
At that time, I also shoot a Frag (if it procs) + Mage’s + Dawnbreaker of Smiting
Also, if I am lucky enough, Skoria procs too
To sum it up, what I am trying to do, is timing pet’s stun & laying out two aoes just before the stun to catch the enemy under the aoes. Then use frag + dawnbreaker + mage’s wrath

My question is:
1. Should I replace 3 willpower + monster set with Netch's Touch set? (so, to boost shock damage)
2. If not Netch's Touch set, then is there any other set worth to replace the Monster Set & willpower?
3. Is it a good idea to replace Monster Set at all?
4. Should I change any of my skills?

I really enjoy this PVP AOE build and would very much appreciate anyone’s contribution

I previously made a similar thread, but it always seems that I want to add something, so it induces me to make new ones. Sorry to anyone who had to read it again)
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would guess that you'd then also want encase to try and root em down too?
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Chelister
    Chelister
    ✭✭✭

Sure, I'll try it out. Do you think I should go with Shattering Prison or Restraining Prison morph? I would guess the later, as it also snares, right?
  • seedubsrun
    seedubsrun
    ✭✭✭✭

Yep, if you're going to use an AOE build in PvP you'll have to find a way to hold enemies in place. encase would be great for that. Not sure where you'd put it though on your bar. Maybe pull entropy and run spell power pots instead? or maybe drop one of the shields. You could try out netch since the damage increase might help with kills as you have no real spammable attack like force pulse. I'd try it and see what you think
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chelister wrote: »

Sure, I'll try it out. Do you think I should go with Shattering Prison or Restraining Prison morph? I would guess the later, as it also snares, right?

I always had that same issue of which to use, the DMG can proc things, (like the heal passive iirc) but snares are more akin to what you're looking for. Personal preference I suppose :)
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Chelister
    Chelister
    ✭✭✭
    seedubsrun wrote: »

Yep, if you're going to use an AOE build in PvP you'll have to find a way to hold enemies in place. encase would be great for that. Not sure where you'd put it though on your bar. Maybe pull entropy and run spell power pots instead? or maybe drop one of the shields. You could try out netch since the damage increase might help with kills as you have no real spammable attack like force pulse. I'd try it and see what you think

I have been farming Netch's Set lately, as 3 of my skills are shock damage (lightening flood / elemental blockade / mage's wrath), so it would give a nice boost to damage. But the real problem is that I am not sure how can I fit the set. Should I replace willpower & monster set with netch's.
    The other way I can do it is:
    jewellery + legs + lightetning staff (front bar) - netch's
    chest + waist + hands +waist + feet + resto staff (backbar) - necropetence
    head + shoulders - monster set
    So I would have netch's set active on my front bar
    Necropetence active on my back bar (though I would get the 4 pieces bonus on my front bar)
    Keep the Monster set
  • seedubsrun
    seedubsrun
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would drop the monster set and make both necro and netch active all the time. Do chest, waist, arms, legs, sash in necro and 1 armor piece, all jewelry, and both staves in netch. It'll take a lot of farming to get that though. If you have the gold for it you could buy a necro lightning staff and resto and do 2 netch armor pieces. Then wear either 1 Illambris or 1 Molag kena in the empty slot. Your pets pulse attack is also shock damage too btw

EDIT: cause I can't spell today
    Edited by seedubsrun on June 28, 2017 4:53PM
  • Chelister
    Chelister
    ✭✭✭
    I would drop the monster set and make both necro and netch active all the time. Do chest, waist, arms, legs, sash in necro and 1 armor piece, all jewelry, and both staves in netch. It'll take a lot of farming to get that though. If you have the gold for it you could buy a necro lightning staff and rest and do 2 netch armor pieces. Then wear either 1 Illambris or 1 Molag kena in the empty slot. Your pets pulse attach is also shock damage too btw

Oh, didn't know that it's shock damage, thx for letting me know

I was certainly thinking about replacing the monster set, but there are two problems here:

FIrst of all, I would loose the 6% increase to max stats (undaunated passive) as both Netch's or Necropetence only come in Light armor, while Monster sets that I have are head (heavy) and shoulders (medium)

Second, I don't see why I would need Netch's active on my back bar, since I am running 3 shileds / pet and probably will run encase
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In my opinion AOE builds works well in PVE only.

Human players are intelligent and avoid aoe easily unless its an ultimate i.e. dawn breaker or EOTS..
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on June 28, 2017 5:14PM
  • Chelister
    Chelister
    ✭✭✭
    In my opinion AOE builds works well in PVE only.

Human players are intelligent and avoid aoe easily unless its an ultimate i.e. dawn breaker or EOTS..

Of course, I am aware of that. But imagine if you had to make this build work, I am sure you would have ideas of what to change or improve, so that is what I am tyring to do, would appreciate if you have any thoughts
  • seedubsrun
    seedubsrun
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would drop the monster set and make both necro and netch active all the time. Do chest, waist, arms, legs, sash in necro and 1 armor piece, all jewelry, and both staves in netch. It'll take a lot of farming to get that though. If you have the gold for it you could buy a necro lightning staff and rest and do 2 netch armor pieces. Then wear either 1 Illambris or 1 Molag kena in the empty slot. Your pets pulse attach is also shock damage too btw

Oh, didn't know that it's shock damage, thx for letting me know

I was certainly thinking about replacing the monster set, but there are two problems here:

FIrst of all, I would loose the 6% increase to max stats (undaunated passive) as both Netch's or Necropetence only come in Light armor, while Monster sets that I have are head (heavy) and shoulders (medium)

Second, I don't see why I would need Netch's active on my back bar, since I am running 3 shileds / pet and probably will run encase

Yes, you'd lose the 6% increase to stats but the 1 monster piece you slot could be medium or heavy so you'd still get 4% plus a little extra boost to your light armor passives like recovery and cost reduction. My reasoning behind that is really that having all AOE doesn't give you much single target attack possibility except for light and heavy attacks. If you drop all your AOE and the player just rolls out of it then you're doing 0 damage except for LA/HA which wont win fights but if you had a big boost to your DPS output then you'd have a better shot at the build being more viable.

Yeah that's true about the resto. I just saw you say that you may run overload on your back bar sometimes and you'd get better DPS if both sets were active. That would probably be a good idea since you don't have much space on your 2 bars but if you had the third from overload then you could add things like dark conversion for sustain, deadric minefield, streak, etc. If you don't use overload though then you could use any resto.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I have been farming Netch's Set lately, as 3 of my skills are shock damage (lightening flood / elemental blockade / mage's wrath), so it would give a nice boost to damage. But the real problem is that I am not sure how can I fit the set. Should I replace willpower & monster set with netch's.
    Necropetence active on my back bar (though I would get the 4 pieces bonus on my front bar)
    Keep the Monster set

You want the 5 pc bonus active at all times unless it procs an effect like Warlock that gives you the bonus and stays if you switch bars. You don't want to lose 4k mag every bar switch, or your 400 netch damage.

Don't underestimate willpower & monster for another 5 piece - you may find better results with Necro & Willpower 2monster than Necro & Netch 1pc monster. I'd play to the max mag utility/dot with pets and shields angle for what you seem to be looking for. Instead of spamables you light/heavy attack with staff? - which leads to possibly seeking Elegance and Knight Slayer sets instead of netch.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember with undaunted you still get the 2% from light armor, you'll at max lose 4% but probably just 2%
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Chelister
    Chelister
    ✭✭✭

Keep the Monster set

You want the 5 pc bonus active at all times unless it procs an effect like Warlock that gives you the bonus and stays if you switch bars. You don't want to lose 4k mag every bar switch, or your 400 netch damage.

Don't underestimate willpower & monster for another 5 piece - you may find better results with Necro & Willpower 2monster than Necro & Netch 1pc monster. I'd play to the max mag utility/dot with pets and shields angle for what you seem to be looking for. Instead of spamables you light/heavy attack with staff? - which leads to possibly seeking Elegance and Knight Slayer sets instead of netch.

"You want the 5 pc bonus active at all times unless it procs an effect like Warlock that gives you the bonus and stays if you switch bars. You don't want to lose 4k mag every bar switch, or your 400 netch damage."
    Is there a particular reason for not wanting to gain/loose max magicka by switching the bars?

And just to make it clear I won't be loosing any Monster set. This is what I want:
    Head + Shoulders - Monster
    Chest + 3x jewellery + destro staff - netch's touch
    hands + waist + feet +legs + resto - necropetence

So I will have netch's active when using destro (front bar), where all of my damaging abilities are
    Then, when I switch to resto, will have the 4k magicka bonus to strenghten the shields

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Keep the Monster set

"You want the 5 pc bonus active at all times unless it procs an effect like Warlock that gives you the bonus and stays if you switch bars. You don't want to lose 4k mag every bar switch, or your 400 netch damage."
    Is there a particular reason for not wanting to gain/loose max magicka by switching the bars?

And just to make it clear I won't be loosing any Monster set. This is what I want:
    Head + Shoulders - Monster
    Chest + 3x jewellery + destro staff - netch's touch
    hands + waist + feet +legs + resto - necropetence

So I will have netch's active when using destro (front bar), where all of my damaging abilities are
    Then, when I switch to resto, will have the 4k magicka bonus to strenghten the shields

You want the 4k magicka and the 400 spell damage both on your attack bar. Remember the 4000 magicka is approximately 400 spell DMG.

If no monster then: x5 necro (using Lightning staff etc) x5 netch using all but head or shoulder - then one monster piece. That way both buffs are maximizing your dps.

If you want a monster set, and Regen go x5 necro (staff) x5 lich (back staff) x2 monster

If you want very easy to get gear go x5 (one staff) necro x2 monster x5 alchemist (backbar staff)

If you don't want clever, then x5 necro x2 monster x3 will power x1 any staff (or vMA)

If you want defense backbar Riposte or Transmutation
    Edited by Waffennacht on June 28, 2017 10:50PM
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds