The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

looking for warden reviews

Lynx7386
Lynx7386
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Played during the morrowind beta but quit before live. Haven't purchased morrowind yet, and I'm wanting to see other players opinions of the class before I do.

Were any major changes made to wardens between beta and live?
How are wardens holding up as a class, in particular as tanks?
Are any changes upcoming?

Tried looking up videos but everything I've found is from before the morrowind live release
PS4 / NA
M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • old_mufasa
    old_mufasa
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lynx7386 wrote: »
    Played during the morrowind beta but quit before live. Haven't purchased morrowind yet, and I'm wanting to see other players opinions of the class before I do.

Tried looking up videos but everything I've found is from before the morrowind live release

DK's I think are still a tad better but I'd say Wardens maybe the 2nd best tanks in the game and have a lot of group buffs and support for melee dps near them while tanking.

There also the 2nd best healers.. not as strong as Templars but have good support skills

Magic DPS.. there pretty much dead last in single target dps.. they have very strong burst AOE damage.

Stam Wardens, much better state for DPS. Takes a little time to get used to the delayed damage system, have the highest burst damage in the game.

The devs have said that Wardens will be getting a buff particularly Magic Wardens.. but as per Zenimax norms.. no information on what those said buff and changes will be.

I think alcast has some updated builds... but really you should just play the class and learn from experience.. I will say though that Morrowind.. I feel as far as content did not justify a 40 dollar price tag.. so unless you really want new class and morrowind or battle grounds (though BG looking for group system is a mess) you may want to wait for a sell. Not saying it bad.. its just not a lot of content for 40 dollars.. Orsinium took me longer to complete then Morrowind did.. and its cheaper and free to subs.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    old_mufasa wrote: »

DK's I think are still a tad better but I'd say Wardens maybe the 2nd best tanks in the game and have a lot of group buffs and support for melee dps near them while tanking.

There also the 2nd best healers.. not as strong as Templars but have good support skills

Magic DPS.. there pretty much dead last in single target dps.. they have very strong burst AOE damage.

Stam Wardens, much better state for DPS. Takes a little time to get used to the delayed damage system, have the highest burst damage in the game.

The devs have said that Wardens will be getting a buff particularly Magic Wardens.. but as per Zenimax norms.. no information on what those said buff and changes will be.

I think alcast has some updated builds... but really you should just play the class and learn from experience.. I will say though that Morrowind.. I feel as far as content did not justify a 40 dollar price tag.. so unless you really want new class and morrowind or battle grounds (though BG looking for group system is a mess) you may want to wait for a sell. Not saying it bad.. its just not a lot of content for 40 dollars.. Orsinium took me longer to complete then Morrowind did.. and its cheaper and free to subs.

Just FYI. They (mag wardens) already got those buffs. Dont expect anything till next major patch and only if they think it still needs buff.
    Edited by SodanTok on June 27, 2017 5:59PM
  • old_mufasa
    old_mufasa
    ✭✭✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »

Just FYI. They (mag wardens) already got those buffs. Dont expect anything till next major patch and only if they think it still needs buff.

Umm no they did not... They didn't get those buffs as in it was end of last week that Devs stated that they were going to be buffing Warden dps numbers.. and there was not patch buffing warden DPS numbers in the last week.. and as I stated they did not say in what way they were buffing them.
  • dusk194
    dusk194
    ✭✭
    I can only speak from my own experiece leveling it to 50, non vet dungeons (its not geared) and interactions with a warden tank and healer in guild.

Its a very powerful magic tank, but it lacks some contol when compared against say the DK. It may prove to be second or third best option for tanking pve.

As a healer, it's missing group resource regen, but what healer isn't now a days. Healing is a very strong option with an enphasis on strong heal over time. No surprise there.

In PVP. Stam has some great but challenging burst and stupid survivability.

PVE its fine in noncompetative as a dps. Dual and bow have enough damage skills to carry it. But it lacks the passive damage buffs from its skill trees and is considered the weakest dps slot at the moment. Though its great at solo and overland content, and is mostly untapped when it comes to proven VMA (where i see potential for it)
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Umm no they did not... They didn't get those buffs as in it was end of last week that Devs stated that they were going to be buffing Warden dps numbers.. and there was not patch buffing warden DPS numbers in the last week.. and as I stated they did not say in what way they were buffing them.

They directly said they will buff them? Must have missed that. Anyway, that still means nothing till next Major patch.
  • old_mufasa
    old_mufasa
    ✭✭✭✭

They directly said they will buff them? Must have missed that. Anyway, that still means nothing till next Major patch.

Yes it was in their last live stream.. where they also said they are nerfing proc sets as well.
  • Floki_Vilgerdarson
    Floki_Vilgerdarson
    ✭✭✭✭
    Overall they are a "Jack of all trades" master of nothing class. They are fun to play, maybe because they have such beautiful colors. ; )

I lied. They have mastered looking pretty, pretty and pretty!

Love and Peace,

Floki

• Zanen
    Zanen
    ✭✭✭
    I tend to look at classes in MMOs in terms of structure rather than ranking OPness in a given moment.

Warden has good control, burst, and sustain, strong defensives and heals. Lots of passive resources. It doesn't have any wonky mechanics it's reliant on that will make it difficult to balance properly, (like stealth/burst which seems to ALWAYS create a balance problem) which all ESO classes have suffered from over the years.

It's currently not as strong as the best class for any particular role in PVE, though I think it's pretty solid in PVP. Once they get it balanced properly it will be a great class IMO.

I haven't quite gotten mine leveled and geared yet, was on vacation since before patch, sustained damage seems low but it has so much else going for it I don't think it will need anything dramatic, just more damage, probably on the class DOTs, and even in a trial environment there's going to be a role for warden.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really like my Magicka Warden.

I just completed several Veteran Dungeons solo on mine. For PvE the top-end dps numbers (from a trial perspective is l, from what I hear) is approximately 5k-ish less. However that's only significant in competition against other raid groups and completely viable for any "normal" veteran trial run.

In PvP, I have performed very well and have quite a bit of fun. I feel just as competitive as I do on my mag sorc, I just can't steal kills in BGs.

It does take a while to get use to the delayed action abilities and finding when to AC abilities, but once you do - it becomes second nature. (FYI Shalk will still fire if hard CC'd and will stun your opponent)
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    a lot of fun, has a lot more ulitty then other classes, but in turns relies on positioning compare to other classes.
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They are still meh. A lot of flashy, but useless abilities. A lot of stuff is tied to ultimates, which limits build flexibility.
    Clunky and delayed mechanics don't add too much fun either.
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wardens are... just like advertised: defensive spellcasters with great Healing and Tanking capabilities.

As a healer, they are a bit behind the Templar as they still have Shards and a more useful group buff (Sorcery vs Toughness). But they are still very potent healers, easily capable of assisting the Templar and bringing their own useful skills and buffs to the group such as a Major Ward/Resolve group buff, a burst heal that also provides increases regen, etc,...

PvP-wise, it takes a bit of time to get used to them due to their delayed abilities. But if you position yourself right and get a feel of the timing of their skills, you have a class that has insane burst.
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC