The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Mag DK vs MagBlade

red_emu
red_emu
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I want to create a new alt. It's something I don't really do. With a busy job I don't get much play time so time is valuable.
I mostly PvP and have a maxed out mag sorc and magplar. I'm looking for something new and can't decide between a MagBlade and mag DK. Which one is more fun to play and melt my enemies with? I don't wanna spend precious days off on leveling an alt that sucks so I thought I'd ask our experienced community here :)
PC - EU:
Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
Falathren - AD StamSorc
Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
Your-Ex - AD MagBlade

Best Answers

• DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Magdk is far better than NB. 1v1 a Magblade will severely struggle to kill one. Cloak is great but only does so much now that it's so much more expensive. Deep breath and eruption will knock them right out of it.
    The changes to ferocious leap actually gave DKs a really good burst move. Dot a player up and whip them down to half health, leap and whip and dead everytime.

Even in the PvE world magdk is still much much better.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
    Answer ✓
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SilverWF wrote: »
    vpy wrote: »
    Pros
    2. Once you unlock Siphoning Strikes and Sap Essence you can handle any number of mobs at the same time
    This part is outdated.

Yes I can't tell if I gain any magicka from LA anymore and the 4k at the end is just weak. On topic bot are strong depend on how you like to play, dk I would say is easier to get in to if you don't have time.
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
    Answer ✓
  • Magıc
    Magıc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magblade is stronger atm, easier to 'melt' enemies. However, it is similar to sorc in tetms of playstyle. Instead of streak you got shade and cloak. Magblade works both solo and in group.

MagDK is okayish this patch, helps that so many people are in light and medium, so the damage problems mDKs have isn't as bad. Sustain is still the biggest issue, and if you play solo, you'll eventually RQ mDK. If you play group, then mDK is solid.

I prefer mDK, but I'm a DK guy. I also haven't played enough magblade to have more than a basic understanding of the class and how it performs. I do plan to eventually play it a lot, just not anytime soon.
  • vpy
    vpy
    ✭✭✭✭
    red_emu wrote: »
    I want to create a new alt. It's something I don't really do. With a busy job I don't get much play time so time is valuable.
    I mostly PvP and have a maxed out mag sorc and magplar. I'm looking for something new and can't decide between a MagBlade and mag DK. Which one is more fun to play and melt my enemies with? I don't wanna spend precious days off on leveling an alt that sucks so I thought I'd ask our experienced community here :)

No contest

Mag Blade

Pros
    1. Perma Stealth
    2. Once you unlock Siphoning Strikes and Sap Essence you can handle any number of mobs at the same time
    3. Extremely relaxed play style

Cons
    1. Gets boring fast
  • MakoFore
    MakoFore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    got both- and i must say magblade is damn strong and damn boring. maybe the class animations are just limited and many skills are nt that different from one another- but mag dk although without burst and mobility has a huge variety of weaponry . a fun class to play
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Magicka NB is the most fun class to play IMO but also the most challenging. Mag DK is also fun, I suggest to make both.
  • lardvader
    lardvader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about both? Never know what the next fotm will be :wink:

If you have to choose one I would go mDK as I think it's more fun than magblade (although I have 2 mNB)
    CP 1200+ PC EU EP
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vpy wrote: »
    Pros
    This part is outdated.
    • PC EU. Ebonheart Pact. CP 1k+
    • YouTube: All ESO disguises (2014)
    • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
    • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!
  • Balsagna
    Balsagna
    ✭✭✭✭
    I believe magblade is one of the more difficult classes to play well in this game. But, if you are capable, you are going to really enjoy it. I am never bored as some other people have said, because it requires constant bar swapping to keep my dots up/merciless resolve. Magblades are great solo classes to run as well because they have good sustain, access to a spammable self heal, good aoe damage... I love my magblade because for a lot of content I do not need anyone. I can do it myself, and as a father and husband waiting for other people to do "group" content is annoying and something I do not have time for.