The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Purple Dropped Jewellery

Chelister
Chelister
✭✭✭
I am farming red mountain set, but all I get is green and sometimes blue jewellery

How can I get purple one? Can you imporve Jewellery's quality?
  • lardvader
    lardvader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't be upgraded but if you have at least 75 green cp you can spec for treasure hunter. It counts for normal chests, troves and dolmen chests.
    CP 1200+ PC EU EP
  • sudaki_eso
    sudaki_eso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep farming, they will drop eventually.
    As far as i know you cant improve jewelery
    PS4 EU - StamDK
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What level are you? Greens are common up to about L30, Blues after that. Not that Purples don't drop before, they are just rare.

That being said, even if you are Champ Rank, getting a piece of Purple Jewelry is around a 1 in 30/50 chance. And, since there are 3 sets that drop in each zone, figure your overall drop rate to be around 1/100 to 1/150. There is a reason why Purple Rings and Necklaces sell for 20,000 Gold, or more.

I have farmed for days for a Spriggan Ring in Purple. Then, a few weeks later after getting it, the first dolmen I hit drops the ring. Go figure.

So, chase the Dolmens in Stonefalls, and keep it up until you get what you want. Or, buy it at the Guild Kiosks.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    lardvader wrote: »
    Can't be upgraded but if you have at least 75 green cp you can spec for treasure hunter. It counts for normal chests, troves and dolmen chests.

The treasure hunter perk does not work at dolmens. I still get the same amount of greens as i do without it. Works on everything else, but not dolmens. I'm also sure they've lowered the purple drop rates at dolmens too.
  • lardvader
    lardvader
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The treasure hunter perk does not work at dolmens. I still get the same amount of greens as i do without it. Works on everything else, but not dolmens. I'm also sure they've lowered the purple drop rates at dolmens too.

It's supposed to work unless they changed it. The chances to get better quality is probably so small that it might not be worth it anyway.

"Treasure Chests
    Treasure Chests gained from defeating a Dark Anchor have a 100% chance to drop a ring or amulet set piece from the zone they are located in.

The above is also true of Unstable Anomalies found in Craglorn.

Treasure chests found in the world have a chance to grant any set piece that can drop in that zone.
    Simple chests have a slight chance of dropping an item set piece.
    Intermediate chests have a good chance of dropping an item set piece
    Advanced and Master chests have a guaranteed chance of dropping an item set piece.
    If you have the Treasure Hunter Champion Passive, both the above chances and quality of an item will be improved."

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/294849/pc-mac-patch-notes-v2-6-4-update-12-one-tamriel#latest
    CP 1200+ PC EU EP
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    By far the best way to get purple overland jewelry, in my experience, is to familiarize yourself with the chest spawn locations in a zone, put 75 CP into the Shadow, then run a circuit through all the locations. Repeat until desired result. It's true that these chests have a chance to spawn any piece of any zone set instead of just jewelry (unlike Dolmens, which only give jewelry), but I still got Necro and Spriggan's jewelry fairly quickly this way when I was farming sets to sell. Plus, when you farm dolmens and get a bad drop (green or blue jewelry), the bad drop is useless and valueless, while a non-jewelry drop in a chest can still be a valuable piece (a weapon or body piece in a good trait) that you can sell.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • MarzAttakz
    MarzAttakz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Red Mountain has been dropping so infrequently for me, almost like the proc set drop rates have been adjusted downwards.

After semi-casual farming as I was working through the zone (dolmens + chests in a loop) I ended up with +- 13 silks of the sun rings (most green, a couple blue), 4 silks of the sun necklaces (most green), Shalk rings and necklace +- 3 or so and only two Red Mountain rings (one green, one blue)...

I'll take my CP160+ characters back when I'm in the mood, not too bummed about not getting anything worth using on my StamDK as she's in the process of reaching 50 but yeah... Red Mountain is a ***.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PC EU
    Qura Scura | Altmer | MagBlade
    Lhylyth | Breton | MagPlar
    Nhynyth | Khajiit | MagDK
    Ghwynyth | Dunmer | MagSorc
    Loots-All-Urns | Argonian | MagDen
    Shades-Of-Gray | Argonian | StamDK
    Or'Chastration | Orc | StamSorc
    Little Miss Famished | Orc | StamCro
    Fhane Sharog | Orc | StamDen
    Dead Moons Rising | Khajiit | StamBlade
    The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress.
  • Mazbt
    Mazbt
    ✭✭✭✭
    purples are super rare in the dolmen chests. It's a luck thing. You will find a purple jewellery piece when you least expect it...and it will be a set you don't need.
    Mazari the Resurrected (AD)- PVP stamplar main
    Maz the Druid - PVP group stam warden
    - many others
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do what I do, download the harvestmap add-on, and farm chests, much faster to farm than dolmens and world bosses, and seem to drop jewlery and weapons of the desired type just as often...but there are far more of them. I dont have to worry about taking 4 minutes to solo a dolmen or world boss, just pop the chest in 30 seconds and on to the next.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Purples are quite common. Just after the Morrowind patch I changed a few morphs on my vet characters so I wanted to retrain those morphs to rank IV. So I went dolmen grinding in Auridon for a few hours. I got 2-3 Queen's Elegance complete sets in purple. The chance of getting a purple ring or necklace is 5-7%. Not that low.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    Purples are quite common. Just after the Morrowind patch I changed a few morphs on my vet characters so I wanted to retrain those morphs to rank IV. So I went dolmen grinding in Auridon for a few hours. I got 2-3 Queen's Elegance complete sets in purple. The chance of getting a purple ring or necklace is 5-7%. Not that low.

1 purp drop per hour? That's rough
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »

1 purp drop per hour? That's rough

But people do grind those dolmens quite a lot and get a lot of drops overall. They can be had cheaply on guild stores. For example I sold my Elegance neck and rings for 3-4K each. Spinner and spriggan are the most expensive, at about 10-15K, which is quite cheap nevertheless. That's peanuts even for a player who just hit CP160.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle

Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Stannum
    Stannum
    ✭✭✭✭
    farm chest with treasure hunter
  • sudaki_eso
    sudaki_eso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spinner and spriggan are the most expensive, at about 10-15K, which is quite cheap nevertheless.

Wow, thats really cheap. i try to get my hands on a better spriggans weapon and yesterday we had some guy running around asking for jewelery and was willing to up to pay 150k for a necklace - that was pretty easy money :wink:

btw, is there a site where you can check the average prizes for items?
    PS4 EU - StamDK
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It's supposed to work unless they changed it. The chances to get better quality is probably so small that it might not be worth it anyway.

"Treasure Chests
    Treasure Chests gained from defeating a Dark Anchor have a 100% chance to drop a ring or amulet set piece from the zone they are located in.

The above is also true of Unstable Anomalies found in Craglorn.

Treasure chests found in the world have a chance to grant any set piece that can drop in that zone.
    Simple chests have a slight chance of dropping an item set piece.
    Intermediate chests have a good chance of dropping an item set piece
    Advanced and Master chests have a guaranteed chance of dropping an item set piece.
    If you have the Treasure Hunter Champion Passive, both the above chances and quality of an item will be improved."

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/294849/pc-mac-patch-notes-v2-6-4-update-12-one-tamriel#latest

I can safely say I get a lot of greens at dolmens even with that perk. If anything, I've had more luck on 2 other toons without that perk when it comes to getting purples from dolmens. Works on spawning chests as described above, but I'm very sceptical about the dolmen claim. Not rubbishing your pov as you're merely stating what's printed by ZoS themselves, but I call horse *** on the above claim from ZoS.

Edited by Prof_Bawbag on June 27, 2017 9:38AM
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

From my testing in the past, Treasure Hunter doesn't effect dolmens.
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Does nothing for me on dolmen chests, but could be bugged of course.
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    sudaki_eso wrote: »
    Spinner and spriggan are the most expensive, at about 10-15K, which is quite cheap nevertheless.

Wow, thats really cheap. i try to get my hands on a better spriggans weapon and yesterday we had some guy running around asking for jewelery and was willing to up to pay 150k for a necklace - that was pretty easy money :wink:

btw, is there a site where you can check the average prizes for items?

If you are on PC you can use Master Merchant addon. You can also get TTC addon and check the web site https://tamrieltradecentre.com/

Jewelry is really cheap since dolmens are easy to hit in quick succession. In Bankgorai where Spriggan drops there is on that is a bit further from the shrine, but can be reached in 1 minute with a fully trained horse and maneuver nevertheless. Malabal Tor where Spinner drops is similar - one of the dolmens is located further away, but really close to a world boss, so you can hit all 4 in about 10-12 minutes to farm jewelry, weapons and large body pieces at the same time. I can rotate trough dolmens and/or world bosses for about an hour until my inventory fills and I'll have at least 5-6 purple jewels, granted they are not all from the desired set (each zone has 3 sets). Dolmens are easy to solo, and so are some of the world bosses so you can do it at odd hours, though the rotation will be a bit slower.
    Edited by Asardes on June 27, 2017 11:35AM

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters: