Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Got robbed for 2k gold

Nanroti22
Nanroti22
Soul Shriven
I was on Xbox looking for a crafter, this guy [snip] said he could help me. I've never had a negative experience in the game, so I trusted him. He then blocked me and left. Just giving you guys a heads up. Poor sap probably feels good about it.

[Edited title and post to remove Naming & Shaming]
Edited by ZOS_Bill on June 25, 2017 7:23PM
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In b4 lock for naming and shaming
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You will get a negative experience if you don't remove the name from that. :smile: It can be edited by finding the gear up by the title. Alternately, some mod might come along and help, which is where the negative experience might come from.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Because it's against Zos terms and conditions
  • Oompuh
    Oompuh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nanroti22 wrote: »
    [snip]

ZOS doesn't allow names to be shared in a negative way on the forums. Report him through the game or the support section, but not here.

Secondly, if you want armor made. Ask in a guild and don't trust random people in the street.

[Edit for removed comment quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Bill on June 25, 2017 7:25PM
    Xbox NA - Oompa
    Khajiit DK Tank
    Founder of Major Aegis
    Main Tank of Dissonant Crusade Uprising Savages
  • Gothren
    Gothren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2k gold is nothing. wait till someone robs you for 50k+
  • Nanroti22
    Nanroti22
    Soul Shriven
    Oompuh wrote: »
    Nanroti22 wrote: »
    [snip]

ZOS doesn't allow names to be shared in a negative way on the forums. Report him through the game or the support section, but not here.

Secondly, if you want armor made. Ask in a guild and don't trust random people in the street.

[Edit for removed comment quote]

Wow... That's useless. I guess I shouldn't expect better from a kids game. Bad players don't get Shamed.
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Never pay up front. When the armor is done, do a trade.....armor for gold.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Nanroti22
    Nanroti22
    Soul Shriven
    Definitely won't be as trustworthy as I have been. Next time I will make sure I'm not caught off guard. I never ran into a player that was selfish in this game. Everyone always was helpful and kind. Never making that mistake again.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best way (as lots of scammers in Trade) is to tell them to COD mail it. They can request the funds, and you can view the items check its right then pay if happy.

Xbox EU or US?
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also be careful doing a trade. Some scammers attempt an exploit that will allow them to put gold in when you put items in, then they yank the gold right as you ok the trade. COD is best, or if you want to trade do a low count to three before authorizing the trade...if their gold flies out after you put goods in, they're scamming you...walk away.
  • humpalicous
    humpalicous
    ✭✭✭
    I had this one guy screw me over before as well, was my fault for not being alert, but ended up with the wrong gear for the wrong price. Disgusting.
  • dan958
    dan958
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm sorry you got scammed :( At least you have learnt your lesson now before you got scammed for a larger amount.
    @dan958 - PC/EU - Dannuin - Nightblade - Bosmer - CP982 - For the Queen!
  • Sarato
    Sarato
    ✭✭✭
    What's his name again? :p
    Take me drunk, I'm home. Fav song: Pony - Ginuwine
  • Idylliqe
    Idylliqe
    ✭✭✭
    That really sucks man... I'm new to the trading scene and have wondered what the best way to trade really is. This thread was actually helpful so thanks.
    NA PS4
    Stamina Nightblade
    "Sweet Mother, Sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear."
    Tenet 1: Never dishonor the Night Mother. To do so is to invoke the Wrath of Sithis.
    Tenet 2: Never betray the Dark Brotherhood or its secrets. To do so is to invoke the Wrath of Sithis.
    Tenet 3: Never disobey or refuse to carry out an order from a Dark Brotherhood superior. To do so is to invoke the Wrath of Sithis.
    Tenet 4: Never steal the possessions of a Dark Brother or Dark Sister. To do so is to invoke the Wrath of Sithis.
    Tenet 5: Never kill a Dark Brother or Dark Sister. To do so is to invoke the Wrath of Sithis.
  • sarbonn
    sarbonn
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear this happened to you. Fortunately, 2k isn't that bad, especially as you start doing more and earn that back quickly.

I tend to not trust anyone in any game because I've been scammed in other games before, and it was always from someone I felt I could trust.
    Clueless, but willing to learn.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »
    Also be careful doing a trade. Some scammers attempt an exploit that will allow them to put gold in when you put items in, then they yank the gold right as you ok the trade. COD is best, or if you want to trade do a low count to three before authorizing the trade...if their gold flies out after you put goods in, they're scamming you...walk away.
    Why does this keep coming up?

Any change to the trade window required both parties to reconfirm. Do not 'agree' to the terms in the window as they are right now and you cannot get 'scammed'

It's no different than if you pay your bill at the grocery store and fail to walk out with your groceries. The grocery store didn't 'scam' you.

Pay attention. Make sure it's right on both counts. Accept the trade.

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fire him up on REDDIT? can there be a name and shame list to consult on REDDIT?
  • Belidos
    Belidos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any change to the trade window required both parties to reconfirm. Do not 'agree' to the terms in the window as they are right now and you cannot get 'scammed'

It keeps coming up because there is a bug whereby the player can remove the items/gold from their side of the bargain at the same time as they confirm the trade, which means you lose your items and they keep their money, or vice versa. It's something to do with input lag and the trade screen not updating quickly enough.
    Edited by Belidos on June 27, 2017 4:52PM