Maintenance for the week of June 17:
· [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – June 17, 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC) – 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· Xbox One: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 19, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) – 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
· PlayStation®4: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 19, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) – 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Crown Crates] Drop rate data with Faunter's Crown Crate Tracker

Faunter
Faunter
✭✭✭✭✭
Greetings! I've made a simple addon that records every item you receive from Crown Crates.
Results are sent to https://www.crowncrates.com for drop rate calculations.
The addon also allows you to browse your entire personal crate history in-game.
Crown Crate Tracker is available in English, French, German, and Japanese.

To help with drop rate calculations, all you need to do is:
  1. Download the addon from Minion or from esoui
  2. Open crown crates as you normally would

Statistics about your results are automatically sent through the in-game mail system.
Newly opened crates also get added to your history for you to browse at your leisure.
If you are going to open some crates, consider downloading the addon beforehand!
Thank you for participating in this community effort to gather drop rate data!

Terms: Crown Crate Tracker collects the following information about the crown crates you open in-game: the crate type, the time of opening, and the rewards that were obtained. By using the addon, you agree to have your crate data merged with everyone else's and to have the results made publicly available online.

Disclaimer: This project is in no way meant to slander or expose the crown crate system, or to discourage people from purchasing crown crates. It is being conducted from a purely impartial standpoint. The goal is to approximate the crown crate item drop rates as accurately as possible, because they are not officially available to the public.
Edited by Faunter on December 8, 2018 7:00AM
  • LordSarevok
    LordSarevok
    ✭✭✭
    Bravo. Hope it works well.
  • grizzledcroc
    grizzledcroc
    ✭✭✭✭
    bump!
  • aisriyth_ESO
    aisriyth_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for sure! Will be nice to see how this pans out, make sure you post it on reddit to if you haven't already.
    Edited by aisriyth_ESO on June 23, 2017 5:30PM
  • theamazingx
    theamazingx
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bumping for support
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bumpbadabumpbumpbumpbumpbaaaa
  • Faunter
    Faunter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay! The file has finished uploading and may now be downloaded.
    I'll be updating the spreadsheet linked in the main post whenever someone replies in here with new data.
  • LordSarevok
    LordSarevok
    ✭✭✭
    Let the gathering begin!
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited. Now thar doesn't make sense.
    Edited by SanTii.92 on June 26, 2017 3:59PM
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • blnchk
    blnchk
    ✭✭✭
    What is it you hope to achieve with this, if I may ask?
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will be interesting to see your results. Since a lot of people are upset about the drop rate of the nix pet it is a shame you don't have the data from the previous seasons for comparison.
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
  • SchizoidMetal
    SchizoidMetal
    ✭✭✭
    bump just so the poor folks who go for this can see whats what.
  • blnchk
    blnchk
    ✭✭✭
    lygerseye wrote: »
    Sounds like he wants to collect data...

Which is a means to an end.
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Osteos wrote: »
    It will be interesting to see your results. Since a lot of people are upset about the drop rate of the nix pet it is a shame you don't have the data from the previous seasons for comparison.

Gotta start somewhere
  • grizzledcroc
    grizzledcroc
    ✭✭✭✭
    Brings out the hard truth . China shows the rates what did they hope to achieve :V?
    Edited by grizzledcroc on June 23, 2017 8:17PM
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just as a heads up, @Enodoc is also gathering data over in this thread. It might not hurt for you two to put your heads together instead of running two different forms..
    Edited by BlackSparrow on June 23, 2017 8:23PM
    I am Queen of Typos. If you don't see "Edited by BlackSparrow" above this line, please assume my account has been taken over by scamps and react accordingly.

My Girls:
    "Elsweyr, yay or nay?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "If circumstances try to drive me there, maybe. Right now, it just sounds like a lot of sand in my boots."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "The simple thought of it dries my scales. I ventured into Elsweyr long ago, but I may be getting too old to make the journey again."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "This one looks forward to seeing her home sands again. Perhaps she will make her home village many fish sticks!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "I could do much with a good dragon hide."
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "I see little need to muck about some ancient tomb. Too much work to do elsewhere. No, that was not an intentional pun."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton thief: "Stealing from the Ban Daar is always a fun challenge. Sometimes, they steal their stuff back!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "While I try to stay at Swum-Many-Waters' side, the whispers of an undead threat worry me."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "Perhaps. The lady Mephala spins many webs, and I can see there being benefit in sending me into the path of an undead invasion."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hear there will be dragons. I would be a disappointment to my Nord heritage if I did not try to slay them."
    Madam Argentia, dunmer aristocrat: "I have little desire to waltz across the desert for weeks at a time. It's terrible for the complexion."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'm kinda busy up in Wrothgar, sorry!"
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "The Khajiit usually throw some nice contracts my way. I'm sure Jimila will have something that will take me there."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one is happy to check back on her homeland after grand adventures drew her away! Let the kittens call her -dra instead of -daro now!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "My lady Meridia does detest the undead. I may need to sneak out on my duties on Artaeum to address it."

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • Kodrac
    Kodrac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bookmarking thread
    I'm a paying customer. Treat me like one.
    Facefister wrote: »
    When the content lacks, implement some mindless, long grind.
  • Stormshaper
    Stormshaper
    ✭✭✭
    You may want to scrape your account name from the paste, I'm assuming it's not needed.
  • Faunter
    Faunter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ovinnik wrote: »
    What is it you hope to achieve with this, if I may ask?

The whole point of this is to gather everyone's data in one place for anyone to browse. For example, someone might want to know what their odds of getting an apex mount is, and all they would need to do is look it up in the collected data drop rate sheet.
  • Faunter
    Faunter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just as a heads up, @Enodoc is also gathering data over in this thread. It might not hurt for you two to put your heads together instead of running two different forms..

I must have somehow skipped over your post earlier, as I only just noticed it. I've updated the main post with a link to his thread. Thanks for pointing this out!
  • blnchk
    blnchk
    ✭✭✭
    Faunter wrote: »
    The whole point of this is to gather everyone's data in one place for anyone to browse. For example, someone might want to know what their odds of getting an apex mount is, and all they would need to do is look it up in the collected data drop rate sheet.

Do you think that clearly visible abysmal odds might discourage some from gambling? A laudable goal, if so, though no easy task. I'm curious how this plays out.

• theher0not
    theher0not
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you think that clearly visible abysmal odds might discourage some from gambling? A laudable goal, if so, though no easy task. I'm curious how this plays out.

If will not stop most people, but some people who are on the fence about buying crates could be pushed either way by seeing raw data about the drops.
  • Faunter
    Faunter
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh, not at all. Don't get me wrong, this is being done purely from an objective perspective, for the sake of data collection. In fact, I encourage everyone to buy as many crown crates as possible! :p

Just make sure you've downloaded the CrownCrateLogger addon before opening any crates so it can save the results for you to submit here later.

Edit: I've added a disclaimer in the main post to specify these intentions.
    Edited by Faunter on June 25, 2017 5:11PM