The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Magicka sorc build that uses Necropotence & Elegant sets?

Bam_Bam
Bam_Bam
✭✭✭✭✭
Would anyone be willing tro share a builda build that uses these 2 sets please? Will be using Destro/Resto
Joined January 2014
PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
Lims Kragm'a
Bam Bam Bara
  • dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You'll be better served by trial or Willpower jewelry and either the Grothdarr or Ilambris monster set. Elegant boosts something that only amounts to about 15% of a standard heavy attack pet sorc build. Sorcs don't have big amps to heavy attack damage like DKs.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why would you be using a resto? You have crit surge and hardened ward if that is not enough.

On my sorc I use both these sets plus illambris.

Fire destro front bar elegant duals back bar with overload for utility.

So front bar is inner light, volatile familiar, frags, wall, force pulse, ulti either meteor or destro ulti back bar is inner light, familiar, surge, hardened/lightning form, liquid lightning, overload is same as back bar but with dark conversion instead of surge and hardened is always on that bar too.

So basic rotation is surge, lightning form/ liquid lightning, bar switch, wall, familiar, force pulse till liquid lightning needs reaplying, using frags when they proc. I hardly use ultis, only use overload when I need magic back but when I do, the light attacks hit like 40k+ depending on the group. Pretty easy, gets around 30k dps, not going to set the world on fire but easy.

Stats are like 52k magic 2.3k spell damage unbuffed and around 60% crit. Regen is a non issue thanks to dark conversion and overload.
  • Draqone
    Draqone
    ✭✭✭✭
    The thing is Necro gives no spell damage.

Staff HA and LA scale with spell power (spell power + 0.025 of Max magicka) while sorc pets scale with max magicka (only magicka, unaffected by SP).
    ESO Balance:
    “All skills are equal, but some skills are more equal than others.”
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why would you be using a resto? You have crit surge and hardened ward if that is not enough.

On my sorc I use both these sets plus illambris.

Fire destro front bar elegant duals back bar with overload for utility.

So front bar is inner light, volatile familiar, frags, wall, force pulse, ulti either meteor or destro ulti back bar is inner light, familiar, surge, hardened/lightning form, liquid lightning, overload is same as back bar but with dark conversion instead of surge and hardened is always on that bar too.

So basic rotation is surge, lightning form/ liquid lightning, bar switch, wall, familiar, force pulse till liquid lightning needs reaplying, using frags when they proc. I hardly use ultis, only use overload when I need magic back but when I do, the light attacks hit like 40k+ depending on the group. Pretty easy, gets around 30k dps, not going to set the world on fire but easy.

Stats are like 52k magic 2.3k spell damage unbuffed and around 60% crit. Regen is a non issue thanks to dark conversion and overload.

Awesome. I have the Illambris set so I'll see what I can do. I have 5 pieces of Necro, Elegant Jewellry + head + shoulder and a couple of random staves. But I'll switch things up a bit. Thanks for the help :)
    Joined January 2014
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very interesting. My matriarch/clannfear lightning sorc uses Necro and Julianos but I've often looked longingly at the Elegance items (vs Julianos) since heavy lightning attacks are a significant part of her offense. Hmm. . . but Blockade and Lightning Flood do so much of her damage as well. . . . And Julianos is crafted (big advantage to me).
    Edited by AcadianPaladin on June 23, 2017 12:20PM
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Imvoracious
    Imvoracious
    ✭✭
    Does elegant set proc on every HA hit?
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    @dpencil1
    dpencil1 wrote: »
    You'll be better served by trial or Willpower jewelry and either the Grothdarr or Ilambris monster set. Elegant boosts something that only amounts to about 15% of a standard heavy attack pet sorc build. Sorcs don't have big amps to heavy attack damage like DKs.
    Aside from "trial jewelry" being jewelry that player's equip for Trials, just what, exactly does that mean? Can you offer any examples of "trial jewelry" sets, or individual pieces?

Edited by Shadowshire on June 26, 2017 8:16AM
    --- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No point in using Elegance, You can use Willpower or better yet MD.
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I mainly PvP and never do trials. I've never even done a pledge (to the amusement of my guildies) and I've been here since beta! :smiley::p
    Joined January 2014
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does elegant set proc on every HA hit?

Elegance is not a 'proc' set, it's a straight 20% increase to all LA and HA.
    CP: 1950 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Sorcerer ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baranthus wrote: »

I mainly PvP and never do trials. I've never even done a pledge (to the amusement of my guildies) and I've been here since beta! :smiley::p

Ok so you are asking as a PvP build. Make that clear in the post op or title to make it clear. In that case it wouldn't be bad but just not as good as other sets. Heavy attack gets boosted about 4X as much by spell/weapon damage than it does max mag. So these sets do not complement each other. As if you are running a pet build (necropotence) I'd suggest something that also boosts mag or sustain. Things like shacklebreaker wouldn't be bad or destruction mastery if you dropped the restro. Or just willpower a monster set and vma/master staff.

Elegance just isn't going to be as useful as those others. But it's PvP so good players can still beat bad players even if the sets are not min maxxed so you do you boo
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The point of running elegant is for a overload build, so the magic from necropotene sounds good. You want to duel wield burst burst.

5 body necro, kena monster set, elegant jewelry and elegant duel wield. Put any defending resto back bar, Masters is best for the 1k max magic.

And bamm you are ready to overload spam you way to some salt.

Cheers!
    Edited by KingYogi415 on June 25, 2017 9:41AM
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    XV
    The point of running elegant is for a overload build, so the magic from necropotene sounds good. You want to duel wield burst burst.

5 body necro, kena monster set, elegant jewelry and elegant duel wield. Put any defending resto back bar, Masters is best for the 1k max magic.

And bamm you are ready to overload spam you way to some salt.

Cheers!

LOL nice one Yogi! I thought 2 pieces of Kena made the set a bit rubbish?
    Joined January 2014
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    @blanco.davideb16_ESO
    Blanco wrote: »
    What are the specific benefits of a Moondancer jewelry set? I cannot find any details about it online.

Unlike the Moondancer armor, I cannot find any Moondancer jewelry for sale (Tamriel Trade Centre search). Perhaps it is Bind on Pickup.

--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • TomStaf11
    TomStaf11
    @blanco.davideb16_ESO
    Blanco wrote: »
    What are the specific benefits of a Moondancer jewelry set? I cannot find any details about it online.

Unlike the Moondancer armor, I cannot find any Moondancer jewelry for sale (Tamriel Trade Centre search). Perhaps it is Bind on Pickup.

Moondancer is a BoP set you can obtain from the the Craglorn trial "Maw of Lorkhaj".
    Here's a link to it's benefits; http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Moondancer+Set

People usually use it in trials/dungeons/vma because of the extra 5% damage in those settings.

It's usually (for a Pet build and what I use for vma) 5 Necropotence on the body, 2 illambris, 3 Moondancer jewelery and a Vma staff/sharpened staff on both bars.

You could use a moondancer staff too if you can get one to make it a 4 piece, haven't got one yet though. :)

You could also use infalliable ether, another craglorn set or just 3 willpower jewellery but Moondancer offers the most DPS, not by a lot though.

Edited by TomStaf11 on August 5, 2017 7:51PM
    Ingame GT: TS 11 11 94
    Xbox One EU