The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Dwarven Pipes Include Some Noise

Donari
Donari
✭✭✭✭
I really like the pipes, though right now they're stacked in a courtyard corner in Twin Arches to get them out of inventory. I may have to get another home meant to turn into a steampunk retreat. But until then, I am thinking the piston pipes, boiler, and turning gears with their shunnk shuunk squeak HISS shunnk shunnk squeak HISS are heading to an unused inn room ...

Sorry I can't video them, I am old and set in my ways and have never figured out how to record games in motion. I tossed the noisy things up on the roof to get them further out of earshot. I'm interested to see how others make use of them: there are several pipe widths with matching elbow joints, some nice lamp posts and sconces, end caps, a huge hissing boiler, two spinning gear boxes, two piston pipes, a large open tome ... this is an excellent building-blocks set, though even the small pipes are large enough you may want some decent housing space to show off your designs.

It's 1000 crowns for the 18 item set.
Edited by Donari on June 22, 2017 9:12PM
  • Hetaira
    Hetaira
    ✭✭✭
    I LOVE the NOISE they bring. It's a total bonus to the pack, and one of the reasons I'll be buying at least two packs.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i love the dwemer sounds and atmosphere audio
  • Donari
    Donari
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh, I love the noise too! It just doesn't suit my Redguard's home. I wanted to alert folks to the bonus feature of this quality set of furnishings.

It's even a very good price. 18 very nice pieces for 1K crowns total, when my main must-have piece of furniture (Redguard Counter, Grill) costs almost that much all by itself? Woot!
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you on PS4 NA? I'd craft you a grill for cost of goods...don't waste crowns on that.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its shame that only a few homes, and they are expensive, have a basement for these things. Because I really think that is where they belong. I have one of the packs now and I am trying to figure out what home I am going to put them in. Right now they are stacked in my warehouse.

I was thinking of making a home a complete workshop and utilizing them that way.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• ProfesseurFreder
    ProfesseurFreder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't got my set yet, but when I do, they are going to be split across two houses: many will go into my working Alchemy Magician's Laboratory, and I know they will just completely make the place. Some of the rest will go in another character's Secret SuperHero Headquarters (yes, you can tell I'm a comic book geek because two of my characters have Secret Superhero Identities). I believe the lighting will go into my Morrowind home.... but we'll see.

I'm just holding off until it's time to play the appropriate character. Two more levels to go on my lady regard night blade. She doesn't want that Dwarven stuff in her house.
    "Nothing by which all human passion and hope and folly can be mirrored and then proved ever was just a game."
    -- William Faulkner.
  • Donari
    Donari
    ✭✭✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »
    Are you on PS4 NA? I'd craft you a grill for cost of goods...don't waste crowns on that.

Alas I am on PC NA. I spent sub crowns on one months ago, it's fantastic in my Rosy Lion room. Where did you find the recipe for it? I'd be game to craft my own if I knew the recipe. I mean, I only temporarily shoved it in the Rosy Lion, meaning to strip all that out to stick in Twin Arches (gonna have a grill-out patio kitchen there) but now I love my Rosy Lion room so much I sort of have to get another furniture pack and a grill to kit out the Twin Arches home. Eventually. Housing isn't going anywhere, I'll fiddle with it when I have time.

As to where to put the pipes, Nestor, I don't know that a basement is needed. I started to wrap them around the exterior eaves of Twin Arches and I think they'd have ended up being a pretty cool accent that way. It just took too much finicky placement when my main goal was to get them out of inventory during a short play session :) (Yes, I have the OCD mod. It rocks).
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Twin Arches kind of makes sense, being close to a Dwemer Ruin. I think any house that has these would have to be near a dwemer ruin to make the most lore sense to me.

I realize I am going to have to abandon the cellar idea which is why I think I will end up creating a Workshop house and use them that way. Maybe have a cot and a dresser in the corner with some food stores for the domestic part of it.

But I am going to try and stuff two or 3 packs worth of dwemer stuff in the house I am doing this with. This will not be a subtle here is a pipe running along the ceiling kind of thing. More a how in the heck did you fit this all in and still move around kind of thing.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• ProfesseurFreder
    ProfesseurFreder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got my set this evening. Ohh, so much awesome, so much fun! I had already bought a boiler separately from the Crown Store and now kind of wish I hadn't, as the one sold separately is silent and not animated with steam. Still, it's all good -- I pulled out the silent one from its location, replaced it with the new one, and put the original in a another, smaller house where the sound and animation may have been too much.
    "Nothing by which all human passion and hope and folly can be mirrored and then proved ever was just a game."
    -- William Faulkner.
  • ProfesseurFreder
    ProfesseurFreder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you listen closely, you'll hear that they put a slight "cuckoo" sound in the piston works!

It goes: PSSHHHHHHHHT! *cuckoo* PSSHHHHHHHHT! *cuckoo*

Are the developers mocking us for liking Dwarven machinery?
    -- William Faulkner.