Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Give us Swimsuits to buy!

Navaeh
Navaeh
Soul Shriven
I've played a few medieval MMOS and I've seen them implemented pretty well before. I know it's a touchy subject for some people, but I think a lot of people would buy them. I've played ESO for over a year now, and I think it would also be good to give us something different than what we have been offered already in the crown shop. I have done my research and I have seen both sides, and there are some against the idea of swimsuits, but I think we can find a good medium for that.

If we implemented swimsuits, or skimpy outfits for men and women it would make a lot of people happy. I believe that if we don't add swimsuits, we could at least implement barbarian style outfits for men and women. Barbarian style bikinis and or loin clothes are pretty practical, and revealing at the same time. I don't think something that would touch both mediums would upset people.

I have gone through a lot of the forums history, and there are many people who want more revealing outfits, and I agree with this. Regardless if you don't release more revealing outfits, give us more outfits then what are in the crown store now. Please and thank you Zenimax

I would love to hear what others in the community have to say about this! Btw this is my first forum post, and this is something I feel strongly about.
  • Metamon
    Metamon
    ✭✭✭
    Would be fun to have these be a lead on to social events like swimming competitions (with underwater content), etc
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My characters have a fashionable black speedo trunks or bikini that they can wear.

On a related note: I am surprised that people have not been clamoring for underwear recolors, or at least something other than black.
    Edited by Elsonso on June 22, 2017 12:55PM
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think ZOS shies away from skimpy outfits... it's just a matter of being there at the right time to get them.

You see people with the Nordic Bathtowel (the swimwear you get from the New Life Festival) all the time, if you're talking lore-appropriate swimwear, and one of my Khajiits usually wears the Sand-Kissed Salwar Ensemble.

Silhki.png

The fact is that Elder Scrolls, as a franchise, has never been about titillation. Already, ESO offers more revealing options than anything you'd ever find in the single player games. What they do right about it, imo, is that they make sure even the skimpier outfits are interesting and/or lore appropriate.

Check out the following entries at ESO Fashion:

Meanwhile, I've played other MMOs, too... the ones that let you run around in a bright pink bikini or bare loincloth if you want to. I personally find it tacky, but to each their own. Sorry to hear that you either missed or aren't satisfied with the options I've listed, but I think the balance ZOS has struck here is just about perfect.
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please no.

chest.jpg
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • MarkusLiberty
    MarkusLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please don't turn ESO into a fetish simulator
    *Special Snowflake*

• Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't think ZOS shies away from skimpy outfits... it's just a matter of being there at the right time to get them.

You see people with the Nordic Bathtowel (the swimwear you get from the New Life Festival) all the time, if you're talking lore-appropriate swimwear, and one of my Khajiits usually wears the Sand-Kissed Salwar Ensemble.

Silhki.png

The fact is that Elder Scrolls, as a franchise, has never been about titillation. Already, ESO offers more revealing options than anything you'd ever find in the single player games. What they do right about it, imo, is that they make sure even the skimpier outfits are interesting and/or lore appropriate.

Check out the following entries at ESO Fashion:

Meanwhile, I've played other MMOs, too... the ones that let you run around in a bright pink bikini or bare loincloth if you want to. I personally find it tacky, but to each their own. Sorry to hear that you either missed or aren't satisfied with the options I've listed, but I think the balance ZOS has struck here is just about perfect.

You haven't played Daggerfall if you think the single player games didn't have anything more revealing than ESO :0
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • dusk194
    dusk194
    ✭✭
    Ah asian teenage boys everywhere may rejoice. The OP is taking up there cries for digital spedos on digital women. Gotta love those japanese and korean fetishes.

On a serious note. I don't care either way so long as it doesn't look more out of place than whats already available. And we already have access to the loin cloth and the elvish sportswear.
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    as long as the swimsuits "follow the lore" then more outfits are great. as of now I would just use the base underwear
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather
    Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian ghostminder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher

BLACK HAIR FOR ALTMER PLEASE (hair color cosmetic pack)
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It -would- be nice to have some alternatives to the nordic bather towel for ice diving or other beach activities (do we get to have beach activities in ESO? Maybe someday, one could hope...)

At the very least some linen loincloths, japanese fundoshi and similar... I mean, I am sure we all can imagine...
    rsz_fundoshi.png
    ...okay, so maybe we don't have to! ;)

There certainly will also be a lot of other "traditional" outfits from all across the world, though with many of those ZOS may wish to add some chest cover fopr the female version as to protect delicate modern sensibilities from spotting a -gasp- uncovered female mammary or two! (and themselves from any possible... legal issues that may arise when someone decided to feel offended by the sight)

Of course, looking at things historically... well... that might aggrivate the aforementioned issue, seeing how throughout the ESO-equivalent historical time peroiod, people were generally not bothering to wear much of anything when hopping into the waters...
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The "underwear" on our characters looks more like swimwear than undies.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"