The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Invisibility : need to know

BlitzWing97
So my magika build has 40k magika and im able to turn invisible with 'Shadowy disguise' for about 42 seconds straight.
I get into a fire fight and back off when i see a losing battle. Using this skill as my get away; however other players are still able to hit me with their moves and skills. How??
When other players turn tail and use this shadow skill i can't lay a finger on them.
I know the players you manage to get me arent using mage light ability of any sort, shape or form, yet they still know where i am. Theyre able to chase me even.
[And my 'Hidden' eye is sealed shut the entire time this goes on]
  • Astarana
    Astarana
    ✭✭✭
    Foot prints? :)
  • grim_tactics
    grim_tactics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen Hexys stream where he's said cloak isn't working like it should because sometimes it won't work, but I haven't noticed any issues.
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    other players are still able to hit me with their moves and skills. How??

Because the cloak skill doesn't work correctly. It has been broken for a very long time. Believe it or not, it is better his patch than it has been recently!

Some of the other behavior you describe may be due to enemies using a detection potion. At least some times, you are not alerted when enemies can see you due to a detect pot (i.e., your "hidden" eye will be sealed shut even though they can see you).
    Edited by casparian on June 21, 2017 8:11PM
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If hidden eye is shut, I think it has to be a potion. Some sets increase the radius of stealth detection but they otherwise are so bad nobody really wears them.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If hidden eye is shut, I think it has to be a potion. Some sets increase the radius of stealth detection but they otherwise are so bad nobody really wears them.

Detecting someone due to increased detection radius (ex: Sentry Set) will always notify the person they have been detected. The only way to get the jump on someone hidden without them knowing is by using Detect potions.

Detection potions have become the norm for most magicka builds because you can get Immovable/Detect/Magicka potions through alchemy. A very overpowered potion if you ask me.
    PS4 NA DC
  • DemonDruaga
    DemonDruaga
    ✭✭✭✭
    <3 detection potion
    I don't think they are OP tough.
    If someone got the balls to stealth attack me, he should see the fight trough till the end.

Best thing to do if you really need to run is drinking a imov+ speed pot. and then using cloak to break the line of sight. But don't do that on me :D I hate it
    Ardor // Dunkelsicht // Pakt
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Detecting someone due to increased detection radius (ex: Sentry Set) will always notify the person they have been detected. The only way to get the jump on someone hidden without them knowing is by using Detect potions.

Detection potions have become the norm for most magicka builds because you can get Immovable/Detect/Magicka potions through alchemy. A very overpowered potion if you ask me.

What are the ingredients of this Immovable/Detect potion? I'm asking for a friend...
  • wahoozie
    wahoozie
    ✭✭✭
    What are the ingredients of this Immovable/Detect potion? I'm asking for a friend...
    https://www.esouniverse.com/guides/crafting/alchemy/
    Corn flower and wormwood. This chart seems out dated though, I don't see things like spiders eggs and such. It is likely there are others as well.

But yes, detect potions can be a real game changer in pvp. There are sets as well, like sentry that increase detect range. I think that would cause your eye to open, but I have not tested or even used that set.

• GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    wahoozie wrote: »
    https://www.esouniverse.com/guides/crafting/alchemy/
    Corn flower and wormwood. This chart seems out dated though, I don't see things like spiders eggs and such. It is likely there are others as well.

But yes, detect potions can be a real game changer in pvp. There are sets as well, like sentry that increase detect range. I think that would cause your eye to open, but I have not tested or even used that set.

I've tested sentry with a couple friends and it's a bit underwhelming. Perhaps it amplifies detect potions, though?
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Some streaking sorcs are very good at guessing where you are, going after you, and stunning you. All manner of AOE will uncloak you. Templar sweeps / jabs are AOE and have decent range. Some NPCs, in Imperial City, are annoyingly persistent with their ranged attacks, even when you have just cloaked. Some projectiles move slowly and hit you, because they were already in the air before you cloaked. I have also been hit with Snipe recently, and could have sworn he only fired when I was already cloaked.

If you are under severe pressure, and want to escape, it sometimes helps to spam cloak every second until the pressure abates. This ensures that, even as delayed attacks are hitting, you become immediately invisible again. For example I once ran through a stamsorcs Hurricane, spamming cloak, and he did not see me.

The others are right; detect pots are the #1 suspect. They don't alert you when you are being detected. You weren't marked, though, were you (grey beam on top of you)?

My NB build throws everything at being able to escape, except I am not a vampire and don't use the shade. I use:

Concealed Weapon, for speed boost while cloaked
    Skooma Smuggler set, for speed boost from using (magicka) potions
    Immovability / Detection / Magicka pots, as mentioned, which I use myself
    Forward Momentum for Snare and Root immunity
    Barrier Ultimate to absorb damage while spamming cloak

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=17619

It's not purely for escaping, I just like a speed and movement focused build in general. This patch feels fairly balanced. It's not easy to get away when you are suddenly focused by multiple people, even with all of the above, but it's quite often possible. You have to be like a hare. As soon as you cloak, change direction. If you go straight, sorcs will streak after you and good players will generally just guess where you are and hit you with AOE.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Gan Xing
    Gan Xing
    ✭✭✭✭
    Me and my guildies get this problem too. We go into cloak, but light attacks and other single target skills still hit us, but when we do the same, they get away.. I know about detect pots, but those have a range, and i'm usually out of range when i go into stealth. I've also seen my shot miss even tho it is in the air before the nightblade goes into stealth. We have also seen some go into stealth mid roll-dodge after sprinting.
    Gan Xing - Crafting Nightblade
    Elrana Tinuviel - Hybrid Dragonknight
    Elentári Peregrine - Sorcerer "bank"
    Rán Xīng - Hybrid Templar
    Laurïsil Imlachwen - Stamina Templar
    Helotë Tinuviel - Hybrid/Magicka Warden
    Odin banker - obv banker
    Yan of the Red Mountain - lvl 3 DK - not sure when I will work on em

Seeks the unusual and unique playstyles...
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gan Xing wrote: »
    Me and my guildies get this problem too. We go into cloak, but light attacks and other single target skills still hit us, but when we do the same, they get away.. I know about detect pots, but those have a range, and i'm usually out of range when i go into stealth. I've also seen my shot miss even tho it is in the air before the nightblade goes into stealth. We have also seen some go into stealth mid roll-dodge after sprinting.
    Before or after Morrowind? Because there has been a significant improvement in being able to cloak away.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • BlitzWing97
    after morrowind. This is now. Post and problems listed when i had enough of the problem at hand