Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Campaign population report 6/20 7 pm pst, PS4 NA

davey1107
davey1107
✭✭✭✭✭
@ZOS_GinaBruno

Vivec (30"day CP)
AD: full, 127 queue, wait time 60+ minutes
EP: full
dC: full

Sotha sil (30 day no CP)
AD: zero pop
EP: zero pop
D.C.: zero pop

Amalexia (7 day non CP)
AD: zero pop
EP: two bars
D.C.: zero pop

How long are we going to have to wait in long queues to get into play before you guys admit the non CP campaigns on PS4 are a failure?
Edited by davey1107 on June 21, 2017 2:03AM
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same on eu
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• Yung_deezy818
    Yung_deezy818
    ✭✭
    Bump
  • Curtdogg47
    Curtdogg47
    ✭✭✭✭
    No CP is failure on Xbox as well. But the 7 day CP is pretty popular.
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good. Wait 2+ hours or join another alliances. EP only has 10 min waits primetime
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too many AD, sign up with EP.
    For the Pact!
    Edited by TequilaFire on June 22, 2017 1:30AM
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too many AD, sign up with EP.
    For the Pact!

Exactly, stop playing on the overpopulated Alliance and level up a character on EP. Too many kids been making AD characters the past few months because easy mode.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too many kids been making AD characters the past few months because easy mode.

Why are AD characters easy mode? Any faction has its Zergs. Also, I doubt many players create characters based on perceived advantage in PVP.

AD does have an advantage in that two of their default races are top two choices for stam or magic characters. I think this draws more players. EP was unfortunately stuck with races with lackluster passives...for two years Argonians were barely played (but are making a comeback) and both Nords and Dunmer are inclined to defensive play. I'm not sure why dunmer and wood elf passives weren't swapped from day one....seems obvious...bring some defense/tanks/DKs into AD give EP a true dps race.

Anyway, ZOS could probably help balance by making "any race any alliance" more available...throw it into all the crown starter packs or something.

AD also has an advantage because of the terrain. At first I considered it a disadvantage, but over time realized it's the opposite. If you draw a line from Drakelowe to Sejanus to Nikel to Brindle, all of the terrain to the south is relatively flat and easy to quickly mount across. In a real war this would be devastating. But in a game that incentivized fight-for-pay, it draws the combat into this zone. As a result, AD has a strong incentive to hold everything below that line. This represents about 40% of the point objectives...so if AD holds this territory most of the time, they win. A map with AD holding these 7 keeps and 2 outposts is a sort of mean we see a constant regression toward.

• Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »

Why are AD characters easy mode? Any faction has its Zergs. Also, I doubt many players create characters based on perceived advantage in PVP.

AD does have an advantage in that two of their default races are top two choices for stam or magic characters. I think this draws more players. EP was unfortunately stuck with races with lackluster passives...for two years Argonians were barely played (but are making a comeback) and both Nords and Dunmer are inclined to defensive play. I'm not sure why dunmer and wood elf passives weren't swapped from day one....seems obvious...bring some defense/tanks/DKs into AD give EP a true dps race.

Anyway, ZOS could probably help balance by making "any race any alliance" more available...throw it into all the crown starter packs or something.

AD also has an advantage because of the terrain. At first I considered it a disadvantage, but over time realized it's the opposite. If you draw a line from Drakelowe to Sejanus to Nikel to Brindle, all of the terrain to the south is relatively flat and easy to quickly mount across. In a real war this would be devastating. But in a game that incentivized fight-for-pay, it draws the combat into this zone. As a result, AD has a strong incentive to hold everything below that line. This represents about 40% of the point objectives...so if AD holds this territory most of the time, they win. A map with AD holding these 7 keeps and 2 outposts is a sort of mean we see a constant regression toward.

Races don't necessarily play a part in this. It's guilds and organization are the true culprit. Blue and Red need to keep consistent party leaders on so they can hold onto their own territory. That is where it is falling apart for both of those alliances. They need to focus on keeping people at the right places, and attacking the right keeps when it matters.
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Those are only minor additions to the reason AD has become easy mode for winning the 30 day CP campaign. The biggest reasons include AD being the more veteran Alliance on PS4 NA with far more max CP players and larger active guilds than DC and EP. You go and join any of the most popular guilds on ESO for PS4 NA and almost all of them are AD guilds. You also have the fact that many of the PvP tryhards that were previously on DC and EP have switched to AD toons when AD started winning by large margins at the start of the year. Last year you'll remember that Scourge was blue for months until DC players literally got tired of winning and either quit the game or moved over to AD. Every month that AD wins the Campaign by a large margin it creates a snowball effect of players that don't want real competition and just want easier kills and AP farming moving over to play the winning side.

So AD has bigger zergs, more organized zergs, zergs more often, and has a higher percentage of the PVP tryhards that are worth more than your average player on the other two alliances. AD also has a larger active player base which allows them to stay pop locked in the Campaign around the clock whereas DC and EP will fall off during early morning hours and it's during those hours where AD builds up the big leads.
    Edited by Twohothardware on June 23, 2017 8:45PM
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    How long are we going to have to wait in long queues to get into play before you guys admit the non CP campaigns on PS4 are a failure?

They are trying to get you to swim under the ropes and try the deep end - by filling the shallow end with pee.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Twohothardware

If it's any consolation, advantage AD might be slipping away in PS4 NA vivec. I have never...never in my Khajiit life...seen since a miserable group of scrubs, lol. I mean, it's good because it means new players are coming in. But since Morrowind I have witnessed:

1. 12 golds spend ten minutes sieging a keep door, but hitting all around it and doing no damage. Blue came (because they hadn't actually managed to ping the keep) and wiped them.

2. Group of five reds walking to Nikel behind gold attack force of 40 and wiped them. And the reds weren't exactly vet pros either...they split up and took separate stairs.

3. Small group of golds sieging the Brindle cathedral.

4. I was gank stalking a group of blue gankers on the Alessa bridge and watched the same four golds mount directly into a death trap on the bridge at least eight times in a row, lol. The bridge is dangerous, guys. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me eight times...where can I find an online pvp beginner's guide?

Ah, Morrowind. Let it be known as the summer of the scrub.
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    3. Small group of golds sieging the Brindle cathedral.

This is priceless.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those blue and red groups wiping yellow are doing it right. I've seen a groups of such sizes take down much larger AD forces, because they knew separating them is the best way of defeating them when they are scattered around.

From my yellow picket fence, I too have also seen nooby behavior from EP and DC. Everyone's got their numbskulls.
  • PlaayBaack
    PlaayBaack
    Soul Shriven
    Queued into vivec at 227.
    Idk what they were thinking only giving one cp campaign -________-