Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Eso Morrowind Ps4 Retail Edition

xxUchihaObitoxx
xxUchihaObitoxx
Soul Shriven
I have recently bought the retail edition of ESO Morrowind for ps4 and when i put the disc to download the updates and the game and 5hen i put the code given in the disc and it says "Cant download content because there is already the same game on disc" but actually its not the same game and its supposed to be the morrowind and the collectors edition bonuses ans the discovery pack...so i downloaded this version and deleted the other...what shall i do now? why is there even a disc if its not needed?
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's an odd issue. I think it stems from this.

The retail disc of Morrowind contains update 14...the exact same download everyone else gets who previously owned the game, whether they bought Morrowind or not. It's all the same software, it just provides your account different codes to open the content and perks. People who didn't buy Morrowind still have it in their system...it's just locked out.

Your PS4 is probably confused because it's not sure if you're trying to run the game from the new disc, the resident system software, or what.

You may delete the software off your PS4 if you need to, and it won't affect your ESO account. reInstall the software from whichever disc you want to use in the machine when playing. If you want to run the game w the Morrowind disc, delete from PS4 and reInstall game from that, then run a "check for update" when installed. Or, apply the Morrowind code to your account and continue to run from the old disc. It doesn't really matter.

Once you get the game booted from either disc, check and make sure the Morrowind content got added to your account. The easiest way to do this is to load a character, go into collections and see if they have any item from your Morrowind perks. For example, can they activate the dwarven war horse? Or even easier, can they travel to Vvardenfell? If either is verified, your account has been updated to unlock Morrowind...enjoy.

• xxUchihaObitoxx
    xxUchihaObitoxx
    Soul Shriven
    i already did put the disc firstly and when i did the update and everything and then put the code it says that it cant be downloaded because the game is already existing in disc...
  • xxUchihaObitoxx
    xxUchihaObitoxx
    Soul Shriven
    and a friend of mine who got the collectors edition fo morrowind for ps4 as i did has thw same problem as me but when we put the code it has the game morrowind and everything but why cant it play from the disc? its now like its a digital game
  • xxUchihaObitoxx
    xxUchihaObitoxx
    Soul Shriven
    pls answer me