Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Quest Rewards

Rudal
Rudal
✭✭✭
I had a long break from TESO. Got back to game with release of Morrowind and I'm a bit "unhappy".
Got my old character DK wearing Heavy Armour and I keep getting Light and Medium pieces from quests. Started another character, a Nightblade and 80% of quests rewards are Heavy Armour pieces... It starts to really *** me off... :/

Is this on purpose or is the RNG so messed up ?
- And is your heart black and full of hate? - Black as midnight, black as pitch, blacker than the foulest witch... -

Best Answer

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All rewards are set to the quest and not randomly generated.
    Edit: At least to my knowledge, that could have changed in Morrowind but I've only run one character so far.

For the most part they can just be vendor sold/deconstructed, but the odd few which are actually set items are useful.
    Edited by Turelus on June 19, 2017 9:30PM
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Answer ✓
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Quest rewards are fixed items, no RNG involved.
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • stevepdodson_ESO888
    stevepdodson_ESO888
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they got quest rewards right with Thieves Guild by giving a coffer containing a piece of armour/weapon/jewellery
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd suggest crafting your own gear or, if you don't have crafting leveled, asking someone to craft for you. There're plenty of helpful people around, many will even craft for free if you're a lowbie asking for help ;)

It's way easier than depending on quest rewards. Crafting gear may not be ultimate best but it's more than decent, plus you can choose exactly the type of armor, set, traits and even style you want as opposed to relying on whatever the game gives you(which is usually subpar to say the least, though Vvardenfell does have a few decent sets/quest drops...but then again these are mostly PvP-oriented, plus you'd have to farm forever to get full sets in proper traits, let alone weapons).
  • Rudal
    Rudal
    ✭✭✭
    Magdalina wrote: »
    I'd suggest crafting your own gear or, if you don't have crafting leveled, asking someone to craft for you. There're plenty of helpful people around, many will even craft for free if you're a lowbie asking for help ;)

It's way easier than depending on quest rewards. Crafting gear may not be ultimate best but it's more than decent, plus you can choose exactly the type of armor, set, traits and even style you want as opposed to relying on whatever the game gives you(which is usually subpar to say the least, though Vvardenfell does have a few decent sets/quest drops...but then again these are mostly PvP-oriented, plus you'd have to farm forever to get full sets in proper traits, let alone weapons).

I'm not really bothered with my main character as I have blacksmithing leveled up pretty well but it just got me wondering about quest rewards.
    - And is your heart black and full of hate? - Black as midnight, black as pitch, blacker than the foulest witch... -
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Morrowind daily quest rewards are random within limits. Heavy vs medium or light are random though.