The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Divine Inquiries quest bug

penek
penek
Investigate Balmora > Shulk Mine retrieve ritual items, taking second item not counts. Also there stay bunch of people who kill cultists asap as they respawn.
  • sharkium
    sharkium
    ✭✭
    Same thing for me
  • Asreth
    Asreth
    same thing. The item is in the inventory (quets' item) but nothing appends after and quest is blocked.
  • Julatsa
    Julatsa
    Soul Shriven
    Yep, I just got the same thing. Item in bag but not triggering progression on the quest
  • ahduggannrb18_ESO
    Same here.

I have killed the cultist then picked up the bag.

Dropped the quest

Picked up the bag before cultist's were killed.

Both options give the same result. I have the item but quest progression does not trigger.
  • theresaric64
    theresaric64
    ✭✭
    agree with all of the above. I have screen shots of character with item in quest bag and still quest did not update.
    my character is Fiona Heveron, NA server, PC, actual quest is Divine Inquiries...Investigate Balmora.
    This is the second time in 48 hrs I have had trouble with a quest in Vvardenfell.
  • Asreth
    Asreth
    And the assistance is completely... inept ?

For example, the solutions that have been proposed to me (in french sorry) :smile:
    Réponse Par (Papa) (19.06.2017 16:13)
    Bonjour,

Merci d'avoir contacté l’équipe d'Elder Scrolls Online !

Je suis désolé d'apprendre que vous ayez rencontré ce problème dans le jeu.

Je vous recommande de supprimer les addons, puis de réparer le launcher afin de corriger certaines erreurs.

N'hésitez pas à revenir vers moi pour toute aide supplémentaire.Je vous souhaite une excellente soirée.

Nous vous remercions pour votre intérêt et votre soutien !

Gardez un œil sur notre site Facebook, Twitter et notre site officiel pour les nouveautés à venir sur The Elder Scrolls Online, y compris les informations de date de sortie :

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/fr/
    https://twitter.com/TESOnline_FR
    https://www.facebook.com/ElderScrollsOnline

Cordialement,
    Pappa
    L’équipe The Elder Scrolls Online

In essence, they propose to me to remove the addons (already done but good) and to repair the launcher.
    Is it worth mentioning that this has changed nothing?
  • penek
    penek
    its pure bs, i mean its point in a first hour as you arrive to expansion and you can't continue story already. I understand if it was some side quest but MAJOR quest line??
  • JackBarr
    JackBarr
    Soul Shriven
    bump - same here
  • InstantNoise
    InstantNoise
    Soul Shriven
    Same issue, I didn't have it until recent patch as well.
  • HellFiend
    HellFiend
    Soul Shriven
    I'm actively paying money for support to tell me not to play the game for 15 minutes.

This is certainly a first.
  • Keller
    Keller
    Soul Shriven
    same issue + I don't have any mods installed.
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It should be fixed in tomorrow's patch assuming you're on PC.
  • Blackbriar_Thorn
    It should be fixed in tomorrow's patch assuming you're on PC.

I'll keep my fingers crossed, as I'm having the same issue.
  • Keller
    Keller
    Soul Shriven
    Keller wrote: »
    same issue + I don't have any mods installed.

After maintenance today, I went in the mine, but couldn't pick up the bag (as it still was in my inventory). Had to abandon the quest and went to pick it up back in Vivec City. A small inconvience, but this time the entire quest worked as intended.
  • HellFiend
    HellFiend
    Soul Shriven
    I am still unable to complete this quest. Really unacceptable.
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HellFiend wrote: »
    I am still unable to complete this quest. Really unacceptable.

Did you abandon it and re-start it? They posted that you would have to abandon it after the emergency hotfix this morning.
  • Asreth
    Asreth
    The problem is solved. And we must effectively abandon the quest to be able to complete it afterwards.

Thanks
    Edited by Asreth on June 21, 2017 1:00PM
  • fishbird824
    fishbird824
    Soul Shriven
    This may be a really stupid question, but how do you abandon the quest? I went back to the Archcanon and he was basically just like "Why aren't you out doing this quest?" And trying to back even before that -- namely, to Vivec -- doesn't do anything. I feel totally frustrated and not sure what to do. Is there a way to dump the relic from your inventory?
  • fishbird824
    fishbird824
    Soul Shriven
    Follow up: nevermind. I am an idiot. I've figured it out.
  • Dueydoodah
    OMG. Dropped it to get this resolved and now I have to start all over on all three segments of the quest. I had finished all of it except Balmora.
    Level 50, CP1110
    1. Breton Templar Healer/DPS; High Elf Sorcerer Magicka DPS; Imperial DK Stamina Tank/DPS
    2. Khajiit Nightblade Archer DPS; High Elf Warden Healer/DPS; Imperial Templar Healer/DPS
    3. Dark Elf Nightblade DPS; High Elf Templar Healer/Tank; High Elf DK DPS