The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Patch Note June 18 - Buoyant Armiger motif drop rate

Darth_Trumpious
Darth_Trumpious
✭✭✭✭
General
Fixed an issue that caused chapters of the Bouyant Armiger motif to appear less often than intended. These chapters are still quite rare, even for those who have served Morrowind faithfully.

Okay you guys should be happy now (or come back later and keep on cursing the RNG)

Heh heh heh heh heh
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rates are too high, needs a nerf. :trollface:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Darth_Trumpious
    Darth_Trumpious
    ✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Rates are too high, needs a nerf. :trollface:

"too high that I can no longer sell them at 300k golds each! NEEEEERF!"
  • Code2501
    Code2501
    ✭✭✭✭
    Only opened 50 chests since patch but no drops in that. I'd be happy with a normalised drop rate of 1%.
  • Synfaer
    Synfaer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    General
    Fixed an issue that caused chapters of the Bouyant Armiger motif to appear less often than intended. These chapters are still quite rare, even for those who have served Morrowind faithfully.

Let me interpret this patch note for you...

We have realised that the drop rate we set for these motifs was not well received by our customers so we have increased the drop rate of Bouyant Armiger motif from 0.001% to 0.002%. For those that have completed the Vivec quest line, you should enjoy a massive 0.004% drop rate.
    Happy Grinding!!!

Edited by Synfaer on June 20, 2017 5:00AM
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    10 times nearly nothing is still nearly nothing. Thanks Zos!
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are these supposed to drop everywhere or just Vvardenfell?
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just Morrowind chests.
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Whenever a motif has such a abysmal drop rate, you know it's destined for the Crown Store.
  • saxgooner
    saxgooner
    ✭✭✭
    It's laughable, since the improvement patch I have one from around 500 chests
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ashtaris wrote: »
    Whenever a motif has such a abysmal drop rate, you know it's destined for the Crown Store.

At this point, I'm hoping it does come out in the Crown Store, but, with the newest crown motifs (Draugr, Order Hour, Minotaur) hitting the clown crates, I'm afraid that is where it will end up.
  • ChandraNalaar
    ChandraNalaar
    ✭✭✭
    Synfaer wrote: »
    General

Let me interpret this patch note for you...

We have realised that the drop rate we set for these motifs was not well received by our customers so we have increased the drop rate of Bouyant Armiger motif from 0.001% to 0.002%. For those that have completed the Vivec quest line, you should enjoy a massive 0.004% drop rate.
    Happy Grinding!!!

That's what it feels like; after farming Vvardenfell like crazy for chests and motifs I had gotten zero. I have gotten 1 this entire time, and I have my cp invested for the treasure hunter passive and have completed most of the quests in the zone.
  • saxgooner
    saxgooner
    ✭✭✭
    Update, I now have 2 BA motifs, 7 days 4 hours a day. Gonna be a long time
    Edited by saxgooner on June 27, 2017 10:06PM
  • lonewolf26
    lonewolf26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since patch my BA motif count still stands at zero. The drop rates are still abysmal.

I assume they went from 0.001% to 0.002%
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still only 1 for me (before the patch), but since my first complete pass through Vardenfell, I am not activity farming 100% of the time.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have found one, which is like an infinite improvement over before. Now, if they can just fix the Sixth House costume drop rate.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • SirMontyII
    SirMontyII
    ✭✭
    one got 1so far (out of an advanced no less) opened many (50+) master and advances - hope this is better.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive still never seen one.
  • steff127b16_ESO
    The day before yesterday someone posted the whole motif-book in zone chat and asked how much its worth.. And here I am grinding those freakin chests so that I can outfit my toons, and not sell it >.>
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    100 x 0 is still 0. I have the treasure hunter passive and farming on my master crafter character with most achieve points if that matters at all.

When will it be in the crown store?
    That's the only way I'll ever get this motif it seems.

Working as intended?
    Edited by Katahdin on June 30, 2017 8:16PM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • saxgooner
    saxgooner
    ✭✭✭
    I hope it doesn't come to that but it looks like they are steering us to buy it
  • Eliza Godhater
    Eliza Godhater
    ✭✭✭
    Over 2 months in. Main quest long finished. All Vvardenfell quests finished.
    Hours upon hours of farming. Thousands of chests opened.
    Zero Bouyant Armiger motifs. And yes I have treasure hunter unlocked.
    This is why they can charge 6000 crowns for a motif.
  • Pops_ND_Irish
    Pops_ND_Irish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got 4 here
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We run Halls of Fab a lot, and only seen 2 people pull a motif out of there... Approximately 8,000 chests opened... never seen one myself.
  • BlazingDynamo
    BlazingDynamo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone pulled the full gold motif? I'd assume that would be worth a pretty penny.
  • saxgooner
    saxgooner
    ✭✭✭
    Over 2 months in. Main quest long finished. All Vvardenfell quests finished.
    Hours upon hours of farming. Thousands of chests opened.
    Zero Bouyant Armiger motifs. And yes I have treasure hunter unlocked.
    This is why they can charge 6000 crowns for a motif.

I think you are very unlucky,
    I was averaging 1 drop every 1-2 days. I got about 10 farmed and bought the others.
    Also sold many duplicates.
  • jadnik
    jadnik
    Soul Shriven
    i found 3 chapters from 2 simple and master chests :smiley:
  • Ozzymandius
    Ozzymandius
    ✭✭
    I have found 20 motif pages but never found the axes motif (Xbox EU). Sold most of the duplicates now. The drop rate was about 1 motif per day initially but has recently dropped to 1 motif per 2-3 days. I am finding them mostly in intermediate chests though I have found some in simple chests and for some reason only rarely find them in master chests (too small a sample size to correlate chest quality with drop rate).
    Just collected all the house motifs so now up to date with all the motifs - never thought I would say that!
  • Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    Is it possible to get the motifs without the Treasure Hunter unlocked? I've got all the house motifs several times over, and still never seen a single solitary BA motif drop. I don't have the champion points to unlock the Treasure Hunter passive yet.
    NA - DC - DK - PC
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Was stated long ago - Treasure Hunter does NOT affect Buoyant Armiger drop rate. It affects the other loot in the chest though.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've opened so many chests since the update that supposedly fixed the drop rate, but... The drop rate is miserable... As being said before, 10 x 0 = 0
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP