The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Is Alpha Gear Going To Be Updated? Other Options?

Vapirko
Vapirko
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Currently Alpha Gear is out of date, and the ESOUI page says it probably won't be updated unless someone else takes on the project? Does anyone know if this has happened and it's under a different name? I don't care for Wykkyds Outfitter, and it seems like Dressing Room is also outdated. Any other options? Thanks.
  • Baeleth
    Baeleth
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to know this, too. I've been searching for a gear set manager that's current and it seems none exist. How can this be? As a player who swaps between healing, dps, and tanking, a gear set manager is an absolute must. Manually swapping gear and skills every time it's needed is absurd.

I've been using Dressing Room even though it's out-dated but now I'm having glitch issues with the newest content. Alphagear is out-dated and, apparently, abandoned. Wykkyds Outfitter doesn't work.

What other options are there? How is this not a top priority for modders?
  • Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iankoni(?) Gear Changer is good. I have to download the separate Skill Changer. Minimal and embeds well with the UI
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Using Dressing room

Found it less bugged of all
  • dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alpha Gear still works just fine for me. Are you just complaining about it being out of date on the in game addons list? Because that doesn't really mean anything. The only thing you need to watch for is error popups. If it doesn't do that the addon should work fine.
    Edited by dpencil1 on June 19, 2017 3:36AM
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dpencil1 wrote: »
    Alpha Gear still works just fine for me. Are you just complaining about it being out of date on the in game addons list? Because that doesn't really mean anything. The only thing you need to watch for is error popups. If it doesn't do that the addon should work fine.

Always was bugged for me. most of the time some weapons are not switched and I need to do it manually
  • dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've found the best results by pressing the desired set button (F1 for example) on one bar switching to the other, pressing it again, then switching back. It's a little quirky but once you get into the habit of doing that, it should switch out everything without incident.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dpencil1 wrote: »

Having a lot of bugs with skills not switching properly. And if someone isn't working on it it's only going to get more out of date.
  • Kaymorolis
    Kaymorolis
    ✭✭✭
    Qyrk wrote: »
    Iankoni(?) Gear Changer is good. I have to download the separate Skill Changer. Minimal and embeds well with the UI

I just checked this one (and it's sister skill changer addon) out on esoui, and I think I'm going to try them out as replacements for Dressing Room.
    PC | NA
    CP: 240+
    Tai'Zar - 50 Bosmer Stamblade
    Annatar the Fair - 50 Altmer MagSorc
    Rules Through Fear - 50 Argonian Templar
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alpha Gear commonly does an incomplete switch for me of skills and/or gear. I definitely need to check after I swap. Usually swapping an extra time or two solves the problem.
  • Euno
    Euno
    Soul Shriven
    Alpha Gear commonly does an incomplete switch for me of skills and/or gear. I definitely need to check after I swap. Usually swapping an extra time or two solves the problem.

I like this addon quite a lot and I'd like to update it, when I tested the addon recently it appeared to be working fine. Do the incomplete switches occur if you run only this addon? Trying to determine if there is outdated functions or just incompatibility with newer features/addons.