Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why can't I sort through the items in guild vendors alphabetically by name?

EJRose83
EJRose83
✭✭✭✭✭
Ever tried searching for a specific motif piece across twenty different guild vendors? Yeah, not fun...
- Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent =D
- Xbox One Console Transferer
- Gamer Tag: EJRose83
- Previous LOTRO & SWTOR Player
  • WalksonGraves
    WalksonGraves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because the designers were busy smoking crack that day. Every aspect of guild vendors was made to be as unfriendly as possible to the user.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The UI for traders needs a massive overhaul, but we've never really had ZOS comment on it.

I keep hoping they'll find some devs to throw onto it as a project alongside one of the other launches.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Krayzie
    Krayzie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because the designers were busy smoking crack that day. Every aspect of guild vendors was made to be as unfriendly as possible to the user.

lol rekt zos, buncha drug addicts
    I'm a PVE roleplayer concerned about my vampires stage 4 skin tone and keep getting load screens so I came here to distract people from major issues with a rant thread about my characters cosmetic appearance.
  • Sneaky-Snurr
    Sneaky-Snurr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only problem I foresee with alphabetical sorting is the confusion in defining the first letter of a certain item.

For example, let's take two armour sets namely Dreugh King Slayer and Duneripper's Scales.
    We all know that the former starts with an armour piece for its name like Sabatons of the Dreugh King Slayer and the latter starts with the name of the set itself as its name like Duneripper Sabatons. In this case, it takes a different kind of sorting mechanism for this type of searching to work.

I mean sure it could be done but how?
    The Order of the Shadows: Nightmare
      EP CP810 Nightblade
      AD CP810 Templar
      AD CP810 Dragon Knight
      AD Lvl 25 Sorceror
      DC Lvl 23 Nightblade
    {PC•NA•no-CP Ravenwatch}

Shadow hide you. -Unknown
    There is no clean fight in a war. -Shun Izaki
  • EJRose83
    EJRose83
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only problem I foresee with alphabetical sorting is the confusion in defining the first letter of a certain item.

For example, let's take two armour sets namely Dreugh King Slayer and Duneripper's Scales.
    We all know that the former starts with an armour piece for its name like Sabatons of the Dreugh King Slayer and the latter starts with the name of the set itself as its name like Duneripper Sabatons. In this case, it takes a different kind of sorting mechanism for this type of searching to work.

If you know where each set would be in the alphabetical listing, then I don't see the problem....
  • Shadzilla
    Shadzilla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EJRose83 wrote: »
    Ever tried searching for a specific motif piece across twenty different guild vendors? Yeah, not fun...

Makes too much sense. Zos has to make guild traders, along with most other mechanics, the worst experience possible for the player base.
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Because ZOS logic...
  • rootimus
    rootimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They just need to incorporate AwesomeGuildStore and GearSetsSorts into the base game. Quite honestly, it's insane that we need these mods. I feel sorry for console players as they don't even have that workaround.
    Even on the internet, clear communication is important; it can be the difference between "helping your Uncle Jack off a horse" and "helping your uncle jack off a horse"; the difference between "knowing your s***" and "knowing you're s***".
    Greybeards & Gals - Civilised, laid-back, mature gamers. Beards optional. |
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sometimes I think it is intentional because they want people to work for the items instead of buying from other players, and it kind of makes sense. But then other times I notice if I am on a magicka character I tend to find stam sets more than what I would wear, and on stamina characters I find the magicka sets. As if that is done intentionally to promote trade among players.

It's like different teams of devs have different ideas of where the game should go/is going instead of one cohesive idea. Same with CP/No CP PvP.... Make all but one campaign No CP, but add CP passives that are only for PvP. Things that make you go hmmm.

Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Diminish
    Diminish
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The best work around I've found on console is to just buy them all... Terrible, and costly I know. Once you have most of them you just hold the dpad down and look for the wording "Use to add to your library". It still sucks, but much quicker than going one by one, page by page.

A simple keyword search/filter would just be too convenient.
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they first have to 'fix' that about some items being named ''X restoration staff' but can also be named ''Restoration staff of X''. Some items have the set written first, and some have the type of gear written first.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's awful and migraine inducing. But we have been complaining about this for as long as I can remember. Obviously this isn't a priority for them, unfortunately. :(
    Edited by Jeremy on June 18, 2017 7:48PM
  • nhisso
    nhisso
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shadzilla wrote: »

Makes too much sense. Zos has to make guild traders, along with most other mechanics, the worst experience possible for the player base.

this .
    Zos is the most vindictively stubborn dev out there. They actually seem upset when anything is mentioned about something in ESO that isnt flattering.
  • Sneaky-Snurr
    Sneaky-Snurr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you know where each set would be in the alphabetical listing, then I don't see the problem....
    @EJRose83
    That is still not 100% functional. You need to memorise/recognise which word comes first for each and every set available out there for it to not be a problem.

Let's say you want to get Sabatons of the Dreugh King Slayer for instance. You'll be looking for D in the list but you will not find any sabatons that starts with D.
    To add to that, if you choose the Sabatons subcategory, you'd still fail to directly identify said item because they either start with 'Sabatons' or the name of a different set (in our case, Duneripper Sabatons). The result of this would make you look at words starting with the letter 'S' then but you'll need to look through each and every item that starts with the letter.
    This is still inefficient to implement = wasteful development time and resources to implement.

As you may or may not know, new players will face this problem still.
    We need a much more refined search mechanism for this. Essentially, a browser engine that is hassle-free to the user.
    Edited by Sneaky-Snurr on June 18, 2017 9:04PM
      EP CP810 Nightblade
      AD CP810 Templar
      AD CP810 Dragon Knight
      AD Lvl 25 Sorceror
      DC Lvl 23 Nightblade
    {PC•NA•no-CP Ravenwatch}

• EJRose83
    EJRose83
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@EJRose83
    That is still not 100% functional. You need to memorise/recognise which word comes first for each and every set available out there for it to not be a problem.

Let's say you want to get Sabatons of the Dreugh King Slayer for instance. You'll be looking for D in the list but you will not find any sabatons that starts with D.
    To add to that, if you choose the Sabatons subcategory, you'd still fail to directly identify said item because they either start with 'Sabatons' or the name of a different set (in our case, Duneripper Sabatons). The result of this would make you look at words starting with the letter 'S' then but you'll need to look through each and every item that starts with the letter.
    This is still inefficient to implement = wasteful development time and resources to implement.

We need a much more refined search mechanism for this. Essentially, a browser engine that is hassle-free to the user.

@Sneaky-Snurr snurr Dude, it's not that complicated. We don't need some perfect search engine for the guild vendors, just something to reduce the headache of it all. A search engine would obviously be a lot more work on the dev's part, than just simply allowing us to sort items alphabetically...
  • Sneaky-Snurr
    Sneaky-Snurr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@EJRose83

@Sneaky-Snurr snurr Dude, it's not that complicated. We don't need some perfect search engine for the guild vendors, just something to reduce the headache of it all. A search engine would obviously be a lot more work on the dev's part, than just simply allowing us to sort items alphabetically...
    @EJRose83
    Of course it's not. Maybe for you and me but not for newer players.

If you ask me, I'll take a perfect search engine over a system that is half as efficient. It gives a huge boost to the game's QoL aspect.
      EP CP810 Nightblade
      AD CP810 Templar
      AD CP810 Dragon Knight
      AD Lvl 25 Sorceror
      DC Lvl 23 Nightblade
    {PC•NA•no-CP Ravenwatch}