Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Dunmer Sorcerer

BuyMe500Pugs_Please
How good are they? Don't want to be the best but not regret the race decision later either, I've had a wood elf sorc and enjoyed it but turned her into my main crafter. Altmer sorc was great but she looked like she should be grabbing rebounds instead of xp, Breton female faces actually look like a basketball. Is there a significant drop off from a Dunmer to these two?

Best Answers

• IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It doesn't matter much unless you are trying to squeeze out some extra dps for veteran trials or leaderboard speed runs, that sort of thing.
    Answer ✓
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on your build. Dunmer specialize in fire damage, which, unless you're planning on using flame staffs, isn't going to make too much of a dent. But they have some base magicka and stamina buffs that work just fine for just about any build.

If you want to min-max, Dunmer isn't the literal best choice, but it gets the job done. No reason to avoid it.
    Edited by BlackSparrow on June 16, 2017 9:07PM
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
    Answer ✓
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Depends on what you want OP.

IMO High elf or Breton are top choices for sorc.

Dunmer are still brilliant for mag dks.
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

Answer ✓
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go Dunmer. Never go Maximum N'wah.

1445637743107.png
    Edited by Sigtric on June 16, 2017 10:11PM

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
    Answer ✓
  • StormWylf
    StormWylf
    ✭✭✭✭
    I created one let's see how this goes, I just like the dunmer look tbh. Thanks for responses appreciate it

Good for you! Although it's close to blasphemy around here, I think you ought to play the race and class you want, it's not all about Min/maxing (puts on combat helmet). I hope you have a great time with it.
    Answer ✓
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Dunmer sorc is proud of this thread.
    KWuyMwP.jpg

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
    Answer ✓
  • BuyMe500Pugs_Please
    I created one let's see how this goes, I just like the dunmer look tbh. Thanks for responses appreciate it
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a Bosmer magplar and a Bosmer magsorc and a Bosmer magwarden. I would never dream of any other race and my little elf does just fine. So unless you are after top meta elite having every single thing optimized, I wouldn't worry about it. By the numbers, a Dunmer should be a better sorc than a Bosmer. One bonus is that you have a viable choice of fire vs shock moreso than other races playing sorc.

Playing the race I want overrules any and all racial traits for me.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo