Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

How to find items, or understanding market

Prysom
Prysom
Hello,

I'm not sure how trading/marketing or AH works in this game. Just got the game recently but my friend advises I get the fasallas set. Looking for 1h and shield with sharpened/impen and a 2h with sharpened if possible.

Also could someone tell me what the average price per piece is on this?

Currently play PC-NA.
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Prysom wrote: »
    Hello,

I'm not sure how trading/marketing or AH works in this game. Just got the game recently but my friend advises I get the fasallas set. Looking for 1h and shield with sharpened/impen and a 2h with sharpened if possible.

Currently play PC-NA.

First, are you in any trading guilds? If you are, there is an add-on which checks all the recent sales of your trading guilds and tells you the average selling price, called Master Merchant.

If you are not, then a good way to get some advice on prices is simply link any item in zone chat and ask for pc (price check). Usually at least a few people will respond.

Fasallas is a pretty common set that people get frequently in PVP rewards. I wouldn't expect to pay more than a few thousand for any item, maybe sharpened sword is a bit more.
  • Prysom
    Prysom
    Hello,

Currently play PC-NA.

First, are you in any trading guilds? If you are, there is an add-on which checks all the recent sales of your trading guilds and tells you the average selling price, called Master Merchant.

If you are not, then a good way to get some advice on prices is simply link any item in zone chat and ask for pc (price check). Usually at least a few people will respond.

Fasallas is a pretty common set that people get frequently in PVP rewards. I wouldn't expect to pay more than a few thousand for any item, maybe sharpened sword is a bit more.

I'm not in any guilds right now. What is the best zone to find a trading guild? I also tried to send you a message previously on PC as you stated you could craft some starter gear for me. I think the reason my buddy suggested Fasallas is due to it being easy to get for a starting set once i get max lvl
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hello,

Currently play PC-NA.

I'm not in any guilds right now. What is the best zone to find a trading guild? I also tried to send you a message previously on PC as you stated you could craft some starter gear for me. I think the reason my buddy suggested Fasallas is due to it being easy to get for a starting set once i get max lvl

The high traffic trading guilds are in Rawl-kha, Mournhold, Wayrest, Elden Root and Craglorn. Maybe Fasalla's is good, but it really depends on your goal for the build. Is this for PVP, endgame group dungeons dps, or just leveling up and doing quests?

What is your in-game username?
  • Prysom
    Prysom
    Hello,

Currently play PC-NA.

The high traffic trading guilds are in Rawl-kha, Mournhold, Wayrest, Elden Root and Craglorn. Maybe Fasalla's is good, but it really depends on your goal for the build. Is this for PVP, endgame group dungeons dps, or just leveling up and doing quests?

What is your in-game username?

@Prysom
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tamriel Trade Centre knows everything you need to know and more. That includes average listing price(server wide, not based on your guilds) and which traders have it(not always reliable because it has issues updating the sold items but it's better than nothing).

Unfortunately, right now TTC is broken and I believe its creator said he wouldn't be able to fix it for 2 days at least. However I'd still recommend looking into it when it's fixed, it's a great thing, especially when just getting started.

I'd also recommend Awesome Guildstore, it lets you search by name at guild traders(do keep in mind that it can't just list things you're looking for. It will instead remove all the things you are NOT looking for. So basically if, say, Falsalla's sword is on page 4 in weapons->swords category it will still be page 4, but at least you won't have to look through first 3 pages because they'll be empty).
  • Didz
    Didz
    ✭✭
    What a lot of players do is simply stand in zone chat and type 'LF Trade Guild.' (LF= Looking For). This will usually get you into a trade guild, as most trade guilds simply recruit to 500 accounts and then periodically cull the slackers and inactive accounts.

A better method in my opinion is to do a bit of research both in game and on google to select as many trade guilds (up to five) that you would like to join.

A good place to start is by visiting a series of Market Hubs, and making a note of the Trade Guilds that own the stalls in those zones, and check how many pages full of items they have for sale. This will give you a reasonable idea of which zones a Trade Guild is targeting as its market, and avoids having all your goods competing with each other in the same market hub.

Once you have a list of potential Trade Guilds you would like to join, i would suggest googling them to see if they have a website, or community presence, as its really useful to have at least one or two guilds that offer a bit more than just an in-game presence.

Finally, go back to your list of preferred guilds and look at their Guild stores to identify the account names of a few active members and contact them in-game to ask for an invite. Or if they have a website simple apply for membership online.

Be aware that your chances of getting into some of the top trading guilds is pretty low, as most will expect you to provide evidence of an existing high turnover in sales as a prerequisite to membership. It's better at first to set your sights on four or five large active Trade Guilds with no minimum turnover rules.