The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Undaunted solo is it possible?

crjs1
crjs1
✭✭✭✭✭
Hey quick noob question... I am pretty new to the game and totally new to MMOs. Currently got a sorcer at level 35. Anyway is it possible to do the undaunted dungeons solo or is that just a death wish - esp as a noob? I not really got the hang of groups or anyone to play with so kind of feel I missing out on many of the group dungeons. I tried a group dungeon/quest (Maws or somthing) in thief guild and didn't last 2 minutes lol there were no other players about! PS4 in U.K. Here. I am that awkward socially awkward mid 30s guy who not used to 'chat' during games esp when I just learning so prob not a optimum build... though I been following various guilds. Anyway loving the PvE stuff and quests so far

Cheers
  • MercTheMage
    MercTheMage
    ✭✭✭✭
    All the non DLC dungeons are soloable (version 1 anyway), tho I say this as someone who's been playing the game awhile.
    You just going to stand there like a lemon?
  • Insomnia rex
    Insomnia rex
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty much what MercTheMage said, but: Direfrost needs you to stand on two pressure plates at once and Imperial city prison (DLC) needs you to pull two levers at once, so avoid those two. (Edit: I'm not sure what the time window for the pressure plates/ levers is, and if you can streak between them maybe.) Mazzatun/ Cradle of Shadows (both DLC) have boss mechanics that make it unlikely to survive. What you likely tried was a trial, you won't do those solo. You will learn a lot about game/ boss mechanics attempting this. Sorc, esp. with pets works fine for that.
    Edited by Insomnia rex on June 16, 2017 12:13PM
    CP630 AR20 PC EU, Alt Mag Sorc AD - Insomnicia Rex
  • OldGamerESO
    OldGamerESO
    ✭✭✭
    It is the mantra that "all non-dlc dungeons are soloable". This is often stated like not only are they soloable, but that they are easy to solo. I don't think we we should be telling a brand new player with no CP and a character level 35 that he can solo dungeons. Pugs can fail to complete even normal non-dlc dungeons... and that is 4 people. I did Spindleclutch I normal the other day as a Sorc DPS and basically everyone but me died all the time. I basically soloed the bosses for them. I often try my builds by taking them into dungeons solo, and believe me, you can still get the snot knocked out of you in some classes/builds.

Yes it is possible to complete dungeons by yourself and you can learn a lot doing it to. And you happen to pick one class that can be quite good at it. But it will be a lot harder before 300 cp, all your skill points, cp 160 purple gear / gold weapons and good skills with your class.

If you want to level undaunted, I would suggest doing the daily quest which sends you to a dolman once a day. That is 10 rep each day. In a couple of months your undaunted will be much higher.
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps
    PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
  • crjs1
    crjs1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cheers guys will dip my toe into some dungeons and focus on dolems, which I been doing pretty regularly. Just reached Malabal Tor in the AD quest line and going to take a wee break from questing to clear delves dolems etc. Where do I pick the quest up for the daily Dolem, is there a undaunted hub in each zone? Been doing mage and fighting guild regularly as I progress through regions but ignored undaunted apart from the initial quest/joining

Cheers
  • MercTheMage
    MercTheMage
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is the mantra that "all non-dlc dungeons are soloable". This is often stated like not only are they soloable, but that they are easy to solo. I don't think we we should be telling a brand new player with no CP and a character level 35 that he can solo dungeons. Pugs can fail to complete even normal non-dlc dungeons... and that is 4 people. I did Spindleclutch I normal the other day as a Sorc DPS and basically everyone but me died all the time. I basically soloed the bosses for them. I often try my builds by taking them into dungeons solo, and believe me, you can still get the snot knocked out of you in some classes/builds.

Yes it is possible to complete dungeons by yourself and you can learn a lot doing it to. And you happen to pick one class that can be quite good at it. But it will be a lot harder before 300 cp, all your skill points, cp 160 purple gear / gold weapons and good skills with your class.

If you want to level undaunted, I would suggest doing the daily quest which sends you to a dolman once a day. That is 10 rep each day. In a couple of months your undaunted will be much higher.

I love how you can lose your *** over the first part and just completely ignore the rest. "tho I say this as someone who's been playing the game awhile." implying that some degree of experience is required.
    Edited by MercTheMage on June 16, 2017 1:05PM
    You just going to stand there like a lemon?
  • Insomnia rex
    Insomnia rex
    ✭✭✭
    I mean in the end it depends on your willingness/ fun to learn the mechanics, because nobody does them for you.

I disagree on the CP recommendation and gear quality part. The way the scaling works if you have gear of appropriate level even with self crafted, low trait sets I don't believe there is a gear check anywhere.

I agree mostly on the difficulty part. However the difficulty of the dungeons differs big time. I'm sure that if OP looks a bit other players have sorted dungeons for difficulty and soloability (if that's a word).

If you want to get into it I would recommend vaults of madness as a check if you are ready to solo (for a sorc!). All bosses here are incredibly straight forward and have simple mechanics, where almost all damage is easily avoided. (The only thing here is a health check at one point, but you will notice.) If you can't enter it yet, check out Volenfell. (Again, for how straight forward it is.) For those two you will neither need to learn to block, dodge roll or interrupt (with a sorc).
  • Insomnia rex
    Insomnia rex
    ✭✭✭
    crjs1 wrote: »
    Cheers guys will dip my toe into some dungeons and focus on dolems, which I been doing pretty regularly. Just reached Malabal Tor in the AD quest line and going to take a wee break from questing to clear delves dolems etc. Where do I pick the quest up for the daily Dolem, is there a undaunted hub in each zone? Been doing mage and fighting guild regularly as I progress through regions but ignored undaunted apart from the initial quest/joining

Cheers

You will find an undaunted enclave in the capital of your faction.

However, it is the fighters guild daily that sends you to the dolmen (destroy three in one region.) The undaunted daily will send you to a delve to do/ kill something. The mage's guild daily sends you somewhere to collect something.
  • pizzaow
    pizzaow
    ✭✭✭
    Don't be afraid of grouping... This was my first MMO too, and I was very much like you, where I was scared at the idea of grouping with strangers (especially after reading the forums). For some reason I thought I need to be close to max level and know all the mechanics or else I'd get kicked and ridiculed. This isn't the case. My in-game experience has been great with the people I've played with in group finder. The worst you'll probably run into [in normal] are some high levels who just sprint through the dungeon killing everything in site and you struggle just to keep up.

If you don't feel comfortable talking, just type in chat "mic is broken" and you'll be fine; listening is a bit more important, since some dungeons have mechanics that need explanation.

Also, there are plenty of other socially awkward people here, so you're in good company :)
    XBox/NA GT: Pizzaow
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    crjs1 wrote: »
    Hey quick noob question... I am pretty new to the game and totally new to MMOs. Currently got a sorcer at level 35. Anyway is it possible to do the undaunted dungeons solo or is that just a death wish - esp as a noob? I not really got the hang of groups or anyone to play with so kind of feel I missing out on many of the group dungeons. I tried a group dungeon/quest (Maws or somthing) in thief guild and didn't last 2 minutes lol there were no other players about! PS4 in U.K. Here. I am that awkward socially awkward mid 30s guy who not used to 'chat' during games esp when I just learning so prob not a optimum build... though I been following various guilds. Anyway loving the PvE stuff and quests so far

Cheers

That "Maw of something" was probably Maw of Lorkhaj (MoL), a 12-man dungeon. No wonder you got killed as a lvl 35 char. :) There's a lot of people doing it with random groups (normal version, not veteran), usually they gather in Craglorn zone chat.
    Its technically possible to solo most of 4-man dungeons, however, it would require decent gear and some knowledge of the game and your build.
    Dont be afraid of doing group content! If you dont want to play with randoms all the time, join a social guild. :) I'm sure there will be people who would teach you the basics. :)
    Edited by LadyNalcarya on June 17, 2017 3:18PM
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • tommalmm
    tommalmm
    ✭✭✭
    Your level is not really THAT important when it comes to dungeon soloability. Having a gear on par with your level is more important in fact (and reasonable sets). Knowing some general game mechanics and some specific boss mechanics helps, too. True, having some cp damage mitigation or damage increase helps, but quite many dungeons (lige Spindleclutch 1, Fungal 1, Wayrest 1, City of Ash 1, etc.) are soloable at say lv. 25-30 magsorc with zero CP (it's actually more about having right skills and skill line levels than character level, seducer and magnus are respectively 3 and 4 traits so you should already be able to craft them). These will be probably extremly hard, though, for someone just starting with the game. I'm at CP cap on PC, but started only recently on PS4, so my non-CP leveling experience and dungeoning is quite recent. Once I even carried on a lv.40 magsorc some mid-CP players through Cradle of Shadows, however weird it might sound (it wasn't about their damage, though, rather about their lack of knowledge of the mechanics - you know, eg. when she asks nicely to not move a muscle, much higher resistances outside of brazier light, etc.).

At zero cp, reasonable crafted sustain sets and some decent rotation, you should still be able to do 10-15k dps (progressing as you're getting all the skills needed for a proper ratation), and that's absolutely enough to complete most of the dungeons. I would really recommend (pet) magsorc or magplar for a first character. It's so much easier and safe to play than anything else.
  • LadySinflower
    LadySinflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a CP750 Magblade the only one I've managed to solo successfully is fungal grotto. My question is, if I go take my 89537536896536th solo run through fungal grotto will I earn tickets and a reward box?
  • fiender66
    fiender66
    ✭✭✭✭
    @crjs1 I soloed every public dungeon (not trials!) with my magplar at CP200-300 and a basic Julianos set + longfin food. Including Orsinium and the like DLC contents. OFC I died once in a while, but not often.

As for many World Bosses, some are rather easy, like the Lurcher near Daggerfall, others I've not been able to solo yet.

The answers above are all sound advice. From my part, I'd add that I use Bad Man Hallows as a test dungeon for new alts (around 40 with CP from main) and/or new sets.

• SmukkeHeks
    SmukkeHeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should we create a thread for all us newbies to the undaunted?

Maybe we could team up and dip our toes together?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a CP750 Magblade the only one I've managed to solo successfully is fungal grotto. My question is, if I go take my 89537536896536th solo run through fungal grotto will I earn tickets and a reward box?

Yes, you can run Fungal Grotto 1 as a solo player and get the Undaunted rewards. The box is tied to killing the final boss, not using groupfinder or having a group with you.

To the OP, I'd recommend starting with Fungal Grotto 1 if you want to try soloing a dungeon.
    If you can solo a public dungeon, you can handle the mobs in a normal group dungeon.
    If you can solo a base game world boss you can handle most normal dungeon bosses.
  • CoraCuzabich
    CoraCuzabich
    Soul Shriven
    Just jump in. I've been playing for a couple months, and just did my first group dungeon. I suck at this, but nobody really complained. I think. I didn't use voice and had the chat box hidden. So I suppose for all I know, they were all screaming at me to stop sucking. But none of us died, so I think it went okay. It was Fungal Grotto I, so I suppose it was likely a lot of other noobs anyway.