The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

European megaserver

Malacath
Malacath
Soul Shriven
I have owned ESO since it was launched on Xbox one.

Trouble is I have hardly played it due to never being able to connect to the european megaserver.

It is absolutely ridiculous that someone living in the UK is forced to play on the North American server

Last time I looked at a map the UK was on the european continent so why can I only ever connect to the North American servers?

I feel that I am suffering unnecessary latency because bethesda can't be bothered increasing the server capacity for europe.

Will they ever fix this or have I wasted my money?
  • Bonzodog01
    Bonzodog01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hrm, I play in the UK and have only ever played on the EU server. Not sure whats going on there. You aren't using any kind of proxy or VPN service are you? That could be limiting your ability to connect to EU servers.

The EU server is a LOT quieter than the US server, and has a high population of non-english speakers. The PvP campaigns are very quiet (even vivec) and there are times you can log in and find yourself very much alone.
    Xbox One - EU - EP/DC
    Trying and failing to hold the walls of his Templar house up since 2015
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bonzodog01 wrote: »
    Hrm, I play in the UK and have only ever played on the EU server. Not sure whats going on there. You aren't using any kind of proxy or VPN service are you? That could be limiting your ability to connect to EU servers.

The EU server is a LOT quieter than the US server, and has a high population of non-english speakers. The PvP campaigns are very quiet (even vivec) and there are times you can log in and find yourself very much alone.

Not sure if we are talking about the same EU server, but I beg to disagree. Maybe you try to tell that to the 50+ ppl at Rawl'kha that seem to be there whenever I am in town. And even during morning hours (usual work time) there are smaller groups active at vivec, during evening hours we have to queue up to get in - during the week. Not even starting about weekends.

And where did you get the information about the high population of non-english speakers from? Non-native english speakers, true, but appart from some strange russians my world/zone chat is only turned to english and used in that way, too. (If you use different channels just use different chat-tabs as well, maybe?)