Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bethesda "Twitch Drops" Program / Possible free stuff for streaming ESO

IcyDeadPeople
IcyDeadPeople
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Bethesda announced a new partnership with Twitch in the form of Drops.

What are Drops?
"Drops allow any user who has linked their Bethesda.net account with their Twitch account to get free stuff in the Bethesda games they’re already playing, just by streaming or viewing a stream for that game on Twitch. "

This week they've been giving away in-game items and card packs for Elder Scrolls Legends to people streaming Legends. Hopefully they will also begin giving away ESO items to people who stream ESO "Our vision for Drops is to allow anyone who is streaming or viewing a Bethesda title that is powered by Bethesda.net to earn Drops." https://bethesda.net/en/article/5u6EjT9da8mIIeAao6Asu4/introducing-twitch-drops

How to Sign Up
In order to qualify you just need to link your Twitch account to Bethesda.net: http://help.bethesda.net/app/answers/detail/a_id/38990/~/how-do-i-link-my-twitch-account-to-my-bethesda.net-account

Edited by IcyDeadPeople on June 15, 2017 4:07PM
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The "powered by bethesdanet" portion is the sticker.

ESO is currently not on the bethnet launcher and hard to say when, if it'll ever be.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sigtric wrote: »
    The "powered by bethesdanet" portion is the sticker.

ESO is currently not on the bethnet launcher and hard to say when, if it'll ever be.

Hmm, good point, but I suspect they are referring to the Bethesda.net marketing hub rather than the bethesda.net launcher.

Currently the launcher is simply a tool for installing Legends, Creation Kit and Quake beta test. Even for Legends, which is the first game participating in the program, many people play this only on their Android/iOS devices or Steam.

The purpose of linking Bethesda.net to your twitch account would seem to be so they can hold random drawings from these people signed up on the official forum / hub who also stream certain games on twitch.

Edited by IcyDeadPeople on June 15, 2017 4:36PM
  • Creegz
    Creegz
    I have tried streaming and watching ESO. I don't think ESO qualifies for these drops.

On the flip side I received a bunch of crowns or whatever they're called in Legends for streaming it. I don't know if maybe it's a time quantity thing but my Betheseda.net and ESO accounts are totlally separate so I do not think that the ESO account can be bound to twitch.
    Join my guild at http://cloudclan.org/eso/recruitment/.

Khajiit Nightblade - Shadow/Dual Dagger.