Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What's the difference between hireling levels 1, 2, 3?

Pele
Pele
✭✭✭✭✭
^ topic. Just wondering if it's pointless to invest 2 extra skill points to boost my hireling levels beyond 1. Is the quality of items received based on your hireling level? What are the differences between each level (1,2,3)?

Thanks.
Edited by Pele on June 15, 2017 7:34AM

Best Answers

• Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From my experience, upgrading to the 2nd tier will give you slightly better odds at receiving more / higher quality items. Upgrading to 3rd tier will increase those odds even further, on top of sending you two hireling mails a day instead of one.

If you're into crafting (especially if you have alts to spend these points on) hirelings are generally thought of as useful.
    But you'll have to consider for yourself whether or not you want to spend the skill points. ;)
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
    Answer ✓
  • Didz
    Didz
    ✭✭
    @Pele

All eight of my characters employ a full set of hirelings (so 40 x Hirelings in total)
    • First Level Hirelings send your character a mail message once a day with a fun little message, and a selection of materials and crafting items for either Blacksmithing, Tailoring, Woodworking, Enchanting or Provisioning. (Note: Alchemists do NOT get hirelings.)
    • Second Level Hirelings unlock at crafting rank 22, and increase the number of basic crafting materials sent and the chance of receiving upgrade mats.
    • Third Level Hirelings, unlock at rank 32, will send you chests twice a day instead of just once, and give you an even better chance at more & rare mats. I haven't bothered upgrading all of my hirelings to this level simply because I rarely login more than one per day and so having two deliveries is pointless, as the timer on the second delivery doesn't begin running until your collect the first. So, you never get the second delivery.

Likewise, the value of the materials sent by a hireling is relative to the crafting level of its master. So, you will get the best stuff in the packages delivered to your best crafters. Nevertheless, even a low level crafter can get some good quality upgrade materials in their deliveries. They are just unlikely to get sent Ancestor Silk, if they they are crafting in Cotton.

++++
    Incidentally, as much for my own information as for the purpose of this discussion I decided to time how long it took me to complete all the crafting writs on my 9 trait Master Woodworker last night.

He actually completed all six of his crafting writs and delivered them to four different crafting locations in 14 minutes 14 seconds, without hurrying, although he didn't stop at the four market hubs as he usually does to search for cheap style motifs as he usually does.

For that he earned about 2,000 gold, excluding the value of materials, which included a couple of legendary tempers, and he got another crafting survey map which has been passed to my blacksmith.

That was using:
    Edited by Didz on June 16, 2017 12:44PM
    Answer ✓
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didz wrote: »
    (...) I rarely login more than one per day and so having two deliveries is pointless, as the timer on the second delivery doesn't begin running until your collect the first. So, you never get the second delivery.
    (...)

This is actually why I like to put three points in, I don't have to look at the time - there will always be mail for me :)
    A 20 hour timer like for horse training would suffice for me.
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have skill points to spare, and you will at some point, go for all 3 levels of hirelings. This way you always have mail. Otherwise, invest at least two points.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Pele
    Pele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks all for the replies.