The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Not sure if this is a bug but ....

SugaComa
SugaComa
✭✭✭✭✭
Since the changes to how skill lines reveal them selves through equipping a weapon and getting a kill and other methods ... I've not had any books notify me of earning a rank in any skill line

Has this been removed and I've just kissed the patch notes ?
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My new warden has come across skill books so they haven't been removed. Are you maybe higher level where you have found a lot of them already?

As a side note..........I wouldn't kiss the patch notes......you don't know who has been touching them! ;)
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I won't change the typo so you don't luck mental ...

Thanks for the reply my sorcerer n DK are both below 50 as is my warden and they're not finding them

Even my CP 160+s aren't getting any despite only having one weapon levelled and no crafting lines done either

Everybook just adds to lore but no skill line increases in over 30 delves with all bookshelves read
  • MarzAttakz
    MarzAttakz
    ✭✭✭✭
    On PC, rolled a fresh character three days ago, and books are working as intended for me (notifications and increase in ranks, even hidden lines), although I must say I dislike the new way skill lines are handled.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PC EU
    Qura Scura | Altmer | MagBlade
    Lhylyth | Breton | MagPlar
    Nhynyth | Khajiit | MagDK
    Ghwynyth | Dunmer | MagSorc
    Loots-All-Urns | Argonian | MagDen
    Shades-Of-Gray | Argonian | StamDK
    Or'Chastration | Orc | StamSorc
    Little Miss Famished | Orc | StamCro
    Fhane Sharog | Orc | StamDen
    Dead Moons Rising | Khajiit | StamBlade
    The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress.
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    SugaComa wrote: »
    I won't change the typo so you don't luck mental ...

Thanks for the reply my sorcerer n DK are both below 50 as is my warden and they're not finding them

Even my CP 160+s aren't getting any despite only having one weapon levelled and no crafting lines done either

Everybook just adds to lore but no skill line increases in over 30 delves with all bookshelves read

LOL! It wouldn't be the first time I looked mental!
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are more than 3300 Books in the Game, and only 83 of them are Skill Books. You can see if you have read all the skill books in your Journal in the Book section. Find the skill book line and it will show you the count. If your over 60 you rarely find the books as there are so few left and you only find skill books in the shelves, not placed in the world. Well, there are 2 or 3 placed skill books still, but I think they are also on the shelves.

I think the distribution may have changed, but it used to be you would get a new random selection of skill books with each zone you unlocked. So, hit the Mages Guild in each zone and activate every bookshelf. Also, those book shelves in some of the Ayelid Ruins are a good source too.

I have found plenty of skill books on the new Warden, in fact I have unlocked all the skill lines on him through books.

But it is not the only way to unlock a skill line. Just kill something with that weapon equipped, wear 3 pieces of that weight armor, or activate one of those crafting stations. Then you will unlock the skill lines. Note the kill thing, it can be any of those Level 1 environmental critters running around, does not have to be a full fledged mob.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to keep a an eye on how many delves I complete where I read every bookshelf until I see one ... But thank you for your replies