Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What's the coolest light armor robe?

Cameron991
Cameron991
✭✭✭✭
Hey everyone! I'm getting close to crafting endgame gear for my sorc and I was wandering what the coolest looking robe is in the game I have all dlc but cradle of shadows so all motiffs but those should be attainable. I am looking for a style that looks like there is metal in it right now I am thinking about EP robe style but idk how others look I plan on mix matching styles to make my gear look awesome!!
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can check an almost full list of light armours here: https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/clothing-by-armor-weight

There are also some mixed set by other players there so you can see what cool combinations people have made, those can be seen here: https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/customized-sets/
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ebony..

PC EU
    PvP only
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xivkyn light when dyed with Coldharbour ash black gives metal shine at chest and shoulders

best looking light armor in game imho, better than Dro-m'Athra
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• oterWitz
    oterWitz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also, plug for eso-styles.com, saw in a forum post and use it all the time now.
    Edited by oterWitz on June 14, 2017 11:45AM
    PC NA
  • Dracindo
    Dracindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on the race that wears it:

If worn by a Khajiit / Argonian / Orc : Cool

If worn by anything else : Meh

If worn by Dunmer : *** Magsorcs
  • Didz
    Didz
    ✭✭
    I think it depends on the look you are going for, not that you get much choice when it comes to dropped sets.

When it comes to crafted sets, on can mix and match various styles to produce an overall image for your character.

For example: This my Sorcerer/Tank wearing his new Malekith inspired outfit.
    Cgn8cYi.png
    Consisting of:
    Mercenary Style Light Robe
    Ebonhart Pact heavy helm
    Deadric Shoulders and boots
    and Hollowjack Shield

Edited by Didz on June 14, 2017 12:03PM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You may not have the motif yet, but the new Ordinator style light robe is a strong candidate for your listed criteria.

I crafted this level 6 gear for my Warden when Morrowind dropped back in May.

gA7Q1ot.jpg

apgI108.jpg
    Edited by Taleof2Cities on June 14, 2017 3:37PM
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mercenary light armor robe.

It looks more like a badass duster jacket, more Harry Dresden style over Gandalf.
  • Cameron991
    Cameron991
    ✭✭✭✭
    You may not have the motif yet, but the new Ordinator style light robe is a strong candidate for your listed criteria.

I crafted this level 6 gear for my Warden when Morrowind dropped back in May.

gA7Q1ot.jpg

apgI108.jpg

@Taleof2Cities yeah that's actually my new favorite motif don't have a chapter yet but I'm definitely getting light the light helmet for it I want to do cheat as well but I don't got enough AP
  • Cameron991
    Cameron991
    ✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    ebony..

@olsborg I agree with ebony but the thing is I am looking for like a full robe I love the metal chest in ebony but I want all the legs to be covered by the robe you know
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cameron991 wrote: »
    @Taleof2Cities yeah that's actually my new favorite motif don't have a chapter yet but I'm definitely getting light the light helmet for it I want to do cheat as well but I don't got enough AP

I'm sure you could find a friendly PvP player to buy it for you and then you pay in gold.

... or ...

Check the guild stores for deals on the motif chest page. I have been seeing some pages in the stores.
  • Cameron991
    Cameron991
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is it possible to combine a a light jerkin with one style and light pants that look like a robe I think Daedric pants look like a robe but idk if any other light pants look like the bottom part of a robe @Taleof2Cities
  • Didz
    Didz
    ✭✭
    Is it possible to combine a a light jerkin with one style and light pants that look like a robe I think Daedric pants look like a robe but idk if any other light pants look like the bottom part of a robe @Taleof2Cities

I haven't actually tried it, but when I was looking for a light robe which only dropped to the knee's and left the legs exposed I did notice several leg styles that had what looked like a kilt or skirt from the waist to the mid-thigh. Whether these could be matched to a light jerkin to produce an apparently seamless garment would need some experimentation. (Or a decent preview AddOn.)
  • Cameron991
    Cameron991
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm sure you could find a friendly PvP player to buy it for you and then you pay in gold.

... or ...

Check the guild stores for deals on the motif chest page. I have been seeing some pages in the stores.

I've been looking in guild stores but I just relized that even if they do have it in there I wouldn't be able to afford it I only got like 100k. I have 170k AP on one character how long do you think it would take to get 500k? @Taleof2Cities
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mercenary light looks like a old timey trenchcoat. Not everyone's speed, but super different from other light options.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Cameron991
    Cameron991
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mercenary light looks like a old timey trenchcoat. Not everyone's speed, but super different from other light options.
    Yeah it's cool but I'm actually looking for a robe surprising lol
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've been looking in guild stores but I just relized that even if they do have it in there I wouldn't be able to afford it I only got like 100k. I have 170k AP on one character how long do you think it would take to get 500k? @Taleof2Cities

I think 100k AP per day is a reasonable goal if you set aside 4-6 hours per 100k. That, of course, varies widely by player skill, PvP style, and the group or raid.
  • wesley41
    wesley41
    ✭✭✭
    While there are some that look better than others, it all comes down to personal preference and what look you're going for. I currently have an Ancient Orc robe on my Sorc. I went Veridian Venom and lime green (forget dye name). The result is an awesome (to me) looking robe that looks more like glass than the glass motifs.

I also think the AD robe could offer some good dye options/combinations.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trinimac Ancient Orc or Mazzatan
  • ishkalafufu
    ishkalafufu
    Soul Shriven
    I'm currently using the Mad Tinkerer's Set.

It fits all your requirements of a full-body robe but with metal shizz everywhere.

A few people have commented how they think it looks cool. :smiley:
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Black dyed Prisioner shirt
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really like the Malacath Robe. it looks more like medium armor than something with metal, but it might be something to check out
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Order of the Hour - the combo of metal and fabric is unsurpasable
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on what you have in mind.

If you want a typical spell caster dressed in cloth, then the best are sapiarch robes, trinimac, order of the hour, and I also like the psijic's outfits.

If you want a dark mage with an evil look, then the daedric and xivilin (or how it is spelled) outfits are best.. worm cult too
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Celestial and Worm Cult are my faves.
    Edited by Cadbury on August 22, 2018 9:56AM
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me none of them
    I just can't do robes, even when my toons female
    I need to see my legs when I'm moving!
    Weird no?
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• Cuthceol
    Cuthceol
    ✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    Mercenary light armor robe.

It looks more like a badass duster jacket, more Harry Dresden style over Gandalf.

BRuXdRH.png?1

yeah I know the hair is wrong but only male character I currently have lol