Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

A House That's Creepy, Kooky, and Altogether Ooky

ProfesseurFreder
ProfesseurFreder
✭✭✭✭✭
Two and a half years + playing this game, and I finally made it to Coldharbor for the first time. On the one hand, I agree with the folks who have asked for a house in Coldharbor -- it would be fantastically cool -- eerie and spooky! On the other hand, I can see why the devs want to limit access to that region: it's far more effective a "reveal" when you come upon it late in the main story, among other things.

Here's my deal: With at least a small to middle-sized house in every alliance and now the wonderful Amaya Lake Lodge in Vvardenfell (which I think is the best house in the game: kudos to the designers!!), I feel like I'm pretty much set in the housing department. Jury is out on the Telvani Tower, but really the only thing I can think of in this category that I really, REALLY want is...

... AAIIIEEE!!!! -- a scary, spooky, creepy Halloweenish house in a scary, spooky, creepy Halloweenish neck of the Tamriel woods -- all filled with graveyards and MAWNSTEHS for neighbors (yes the correct pronunciation of "monsters" is MAWNSTEHs): Skellng-tons and were-critters and vampires galore! Tombs and turrets and dead trees.

After all, in the words of Bugs Bunny, "MAWNSTEHS are such IN-terestin' people... they lead such IN-terestin' lives!"

As someone who grew up with The Munsters and The Addams Family, reading FAMOUS MONSTERS OF FILMLAND every month... this would suck the money right out of my pocket.

Just think of the parties you could have. *Sigh* -- bliss! This would be a must-have item for me if it existed! ... and I know there are several areas in the game where it would work.

"Nothing by which all human passion and hope and folly can be mirrored and then proved ever was just a game."
-- William Faulkner.
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So basically you want that hideous Telvanni tower that will be available for a limited time in a few days?
    #VMATOKENSYSTEM #WEAPONDYE #TRAITCHANGE #CROWNCRATELOVER
    • Alliance/Platform: Aldemerii - PS4/NA - CP 800+
    • Mag Sorc: Arya Rosendahl - Altmer - Highelf
    Options
  • ProfesseurFreder
    ProfesseurFreder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I might as well be digging a ditch.
    "Nothing by which all human passion and hope and folly can be mirrored and then proved ever was just a game."
    -- William Faulkner.
    Options
  • Euant
    Euant
    ✭✭✭
    Is the title some kind of reference to Alyssa Edwards?

I would also like a house in Coldharbor as I've been working on a Daedric "lounge" we'll say. But nothing quite like the eerie blue light of the plane. One can only hope that enough time in my "lounge" in Coldharbor (maybe I'll make a nice tavern with endless beer!) would convince someone to serve my combat needs on my behalf for all of eternity.
    Options
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm hoping they add homes to all zones:Hew's Bane, Gold Coast, Coldharbor, maybe even some in Cyrodiil, Orsinium, etc.

As for making your house creepy I am fairly sure it can be done with furniture.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
    Options
  • ProfesseurFreder
    ProfesseurFreder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm hoping they add homes to all zones:Hew's Bane, Gold Coast, Coldharbor, maybe even some in Cyrodiil, Orsinium, etc.

As for making your house creepy I am fairly sure it can be done with furniture.

Oh, sure, you can make a house look gothicky with furniture, but this is all about Location, location, LOCATION. I want a house that looks like a manse or a crumbling manor surrounded by graveyards, dead trees, haunted forests, marshes, skeletons and monsters. I can't name all of them off-hand, but I know there are several locations like that outside of Coldharbor in the game.

To Euant: What's an Alyssa Edwards? The title is a reference to THE ADDAMS FAMILY -- duh!
    -- William Faulkner.
    Options
  • argouru
    argouru
    ✭✭✭
    *snaps fingers of both hands two times*
    Options
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Ravenhurst is supposed to be something like this, given the description of the ravens on the stoop... and, as a zone, Rivenspire is probably the Addams-est of the lot... spooky, gothic, lots of vampires... Not sure they hit the right notes for the house location, though.

For a real spook-factor, I think Aldcroft, in eastern Glenumbra, would be a great location for something like this. It's dark and right next to a were-and-hag filled Hag Fen, as well as the forests to the south.
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
    Options
  • SSlarg
    SSlarg
    ✭✭✭
    I wanted creepy too so I went with Strident Springs.
    PS4 NA PSN - SSlarg
    Currently Looking To Buy:
    NoThInG
    Options
  • Warraxx
    Warraxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    normalhousecredit.jpg
    Options
  • ProfesseurFreder
    ProfesseurFreder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SSlarg wrote: »
    I wanted creepy too so I went with Strident Springs.

Strident Springs is a great choice: to my mind, the Imperial architecture comes closest to the style I'm talking about. I have Domus Phraticus, and it would suit the bill nicely if only the location was better.

@BlackSparrow you may be right about Ravenhurst -- but it sure doesn't nail down the vibe I'm looking for. I agree about Aldcroft. Westry with its skeletons that turn friendly after you send the boss packing would also be a possibility

Kick me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the Crown Store sells DEAD trees or nettles or carnivorous vegetation, does it? I don't remember seeing anything like that.... gotta have stuff like that for the Munstery / Addamsey style of home....
    -- William Faulkner.
    Options
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hundings Palatial Hall is the most amazing house in the game. Beats out Amayra Lake Lodge imo. Its got a beach, docks, a pretty decent area in the water which you can fill up, it has a tower and a flat rooftop. Its definitely the house that you can personalize and modify the most while staying real cool at it (redguard homes have always been the better ones on the interior and I mean it looks like maelstrom arena!)
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
    Options
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So basically you want that hideous Telvanni tower that will be available for a limited time in a few days?

The Telvanni Tower is actually pretty sick. If I had 100 bucks worth of crowns on my account from ESO plus (which I don't anymore) I would have totally bought it. Sure the flesh thing looks crap, but it grows on you when you study the structures closer.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
    Options
  • ProfesseurFreder
    ProfesseurFreder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I find most off-putting about the Tel Galen tower is not necessarily the lumpy flesh atronach look, but the contrast between the building and the land around it.

If you're going to make a sinister-looking, butt-ugly tower, you might as well make the surrounding landscape look sinister and foreboding as well. Instead it's all pretty and flowery and sweetness and light, with this butt-ugly tower sitting in the middle of it.

Dead trees and marshes and bogs and graveyards would have been more appropriate, and would have made the tower a must-have for me. Instead -- I can pass. My other houses have most everything that this one has, and at 80 bucks real money, it needs to offers something really different and cool to what I already own.
    -- William Faulkner.
    Options
  • thrillho5000
    thrillho5000
    ✭✭
    I'm kind of bummed that we haven't seen a real Ayleid ruin home yet. They could easily pull that off--long, crumbling halls, vaulted ceilings, Ayleid ghosts who can't be interacted with and just walk around silently. It doesn't even have to be that big either, just a caved-in portion where a lot of ancient elves met their lingering, horrible end...
    Main: Thavrin of Ill Omen
    Class: screwup Dual-Wield Stamblade DPS/Tank hybrid, aka "The Near-Death Experience"
    Options