The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

[Suggestion] Future Content/Features I'd Like to See

DerethDawnblade
DerethDawnblade
✭✭✭
Dawnguard DLC
We are in the midst of the Second Era, during which the First Dawnguard was active. Dawnguard was probably my favorite Skyrim expansion, and I certainly would not mind having a motif designed after their armor, and maybe a new Dawnguard themed skill line. There even seems to be the Fort Dawnguard portion of the Rift map cut off from the rest of the game world, even on the World Map.

Ancient Nord Motif
Currently I'm rather unimpressed with the Draugr motif. It seems very flat, and basically just a rotten version of the vanilla Nord motif. It be awesome to see the Ancient Nord gear from Skyrim make a comeback, possibly in a Western Skyrim DLC.

Spellcrafting
I've been following news about Spellcrafting for a while, and I hope it won't be on the back burner for too much longer. I have no doubt it's on the way, but I certainly wouldn't mind seeing it sooner rather than later. 2018 maybe? (Also it would be really nice to see Necromancy skills as part of Conjuration)

Spears/Halberds/Other Polearms and Crossbows
I think I'd be equally happy getting Spears and Crossbows either as new weapon skill lines, or rolled into the existing Two Handed and Bow skill lines (with unique animations for the weapons themselves). It would be nice to have Spears in the game again, especially since Morrowind is a reality now. Crossbows would fit in great with a Dawnguard DLC (see above).

Weapon Dyes/Recoloring
I understand Zenimax (and many players as well) likely do not want to see everyone running around with bright pink weapons, but I think weapon dyes could work without going that far. A good balance would be to allow players to change the metal type on weapons to be recolored as other metals (this could be restricted to using those types that one is able to craft), and allow for full dying of the wood and leather/cloth portions of weapons. It would be really nice to have a regular steel colored sword at max level, as opposites to the mirror like red blades of Rubedite weapons or the gold of Maelstrom weapons.

Guild Banners, Mounts, and Costumes
This has already been done for alliances, and I think would make a great addition for guilds. Especially for Guild Halls.

Updated Vanilla Armor and Weapon Models
This speaks for itself. A lot of the original motifs are pretty flat, and would really benefit from the sort of sculpting the newer equipment has.

One-Handed and "Rune" Weapon Skill Line/Dual Wield Spells Weapon Skill Line
This is something that I think was planned before the original beta even started, but was ditched. Recently some Spellcrafting datamining revealed files possibly related to it being brought back from the dead. It would be great to see something like this as a Magicka equivalent to Dual Wielding. Imagine skills that weave together various elemental spells depending on the type of "rune" (or whatever they want to call it) and one handed weapon you have on with melee attacks. It would be great for those wanting Spellsword builds.

These are just a few things that I would like to see, and I think could be plausibly added in the future. What are some things that you would like to see?

Edit: Added some more ideas that slipped my mind.
Edited by DerethDawnblade on June 15, 2017 2:52PM
  • Franieck
    Franieck
    ✭✭✭✭
    CAPES/CLOAKS!!!!! I would love if they would revisit the idea
    Edited by Franieck on June 12, 2017 3:42PM
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Undaunted dungeons scaled for a single player instead of a group of four.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bug fixes.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • AdamBourke
    AdamBourke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to be able to walk between all the factions. So I guess... Falkreath Hold DLC (not just a dungeon!), Colovian Highlands, and what has on some maps been called "Weeping Desert" DLCs
    PS4 - EU

Please put the Eyevea/EarthForge wayshrines back on the map?
  • DerethDawnblade
    DerethDawnblade
    ✭✭✭
    AdamBourke wrote: »
    I want to be able to walk between all the factions. So I guess... Falkreath Hold DLC (not just a dungeon!), Colovian Highlands, and what has on some maps been called "Weeping Desert" DLCs

Personally I'd like to see all the western Holds of Skyrim be one big, seamless map in a DLC.
  • Sausage
    Sausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Franieck wrote: »
    CAPES/CLOAKS!!!!! I would love if they would revisit the idea

Capes and cloaks are nice but different kind of body types would be out of this world.
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't Draugr a motif for Ancient Nords?
  • Anlace
    Anlace
    ✭✭✭
    Spellcrafting please.

I'd love to see more Dwemertech, but I guess it wouldn't reconcile well with the established timeline. :/
    Templar - Warden - Sorc
    all magicka all the time
  • khele23eb17_ESO
    khele23eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Costume crafting, unlocking costumes through motifs, recrafting gear to change the style, transmog, vanity tab. One of those.

Also, 1-2-3-4 attack animations, not just 1-2.
    Edited by khele23eb17_ESO on June 12, 2017 7:33PM
    P2P offered you 'hell yeah!' moments. F2P offers you 'thank god its over' moments.
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for pointing out the need for a visual update for old armor motifs. It is sorely needed. (No Sarcasm)

I would like to see a visual update for each of the Vanilla zones, one at a time.

They are in desperate need of it considering how lacking they are to DLC content.

The rocks especially.
  • DerethDawnblade
    DerethDawnblade
    ✭✭✭
    Woeler wrote: »
    Isn't Draugr a motif for Ancient Nords?

I think they could differentiate it fairly easily from a Skyrim style Ancient Nord motif. Lore wise they could just say that the Draugr motif is from more recent Nord burials or something like that, whereas the Ancient Nord gear is actually a much older style.
    There's any number of ways they could explain it. Also the current Draugr style looks nothing like what Ancient Nord was in Skyrim.
  • DerethDawnblade
    DerethDawnblade
    ✭✭✭
    Iccotak wrote: »
    Thank you for pointing out the need for a visual update for old armor motifs. It is sorely needed. (No Sarcasm)

I would like to see a visual update for each of the Vanilla zones, one at a time.

They are in desperate need of it considering how lacking they are to DLC content.

The rocks especially.

Some motifs have already been updated, though I think it was mostly due to them not encompassing all armor weights. Worm Cult (not a motif yet, but it's going to happen), Ebony, and Skinchanger all existed in older, not nearly as good looking forms before they actually became craftable.
    Edited by DerethDawnblade on June 12, 2017 9:12PM
  • Zardayne
    Zardayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spears!!
  • DerethDawnblade
    DerethDawnblade
    ✭✭✭
    Forgot about a One-Handed and "Rune" Weapon Skill Line. That would also be awesome.
  • Arkvoril
    Arkvoril
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to see some different options on Sorc Summons. Would love to see an option to choose what kind of pet to give us some individuality . And even more than that............let us change the color of my summons. After summoning for a few years I think my Sorc would have learned by now how to change that ugly pepto bismol color with touch of purple.
    NA/PC

Arkvoril
    Level 50 Altmer Sorcerer
    A Vampire with a Werewolf Companion.
    Master Alchemist and Enchanter;
  • Absalon
    Absalon
    ✭✭✭
    Forgot about a One-Handed and "Rune" Weapon Skill Line. That would also be awesome.

Huh?
    CP 810 (PC-NA)
    Harnak - Magplar Healer (PVE)
    Gavin - Magsorc DPS (PVE)
    Manthys - Magplar DPS (PVP)
    Adrya - Stamblade DPS (PVP)
    Targesh - Stamplar DPS (PVP)
  • DerethDawnblade
    DerethDawnblade
    ✭✭✭
    Absalon wrote: »

Huh?

Basically an ESO version of having a weapon in one hand, and a spell in the other, like in Skyrim. Apparently there were originally plans for this pre-beta, but they were ditched. Dataminers turned up some stuff that may indicate it could come back with Spellcrafting. Basically you'd have an item(referred to as a "rune" in most of what I've found) you'd equip. It'd function like a magicka centered version of dual wielding.
  • SkillzMFG
    SkillzMFG
    ✭✭✭✭
    While I do agree with OP on most parts I really dislike the idea of Weapon Dyes I just think it would look silly, but that's just my opinion.
    About the Spellcrafting part, well I don't think they are going to do it anytime soon since it would probably break the game completely at this point, ESO at it's current stage just isn't ready for the implementation of Spellcrafting mechanics.
    The Spears and Crossbows skill-lines are long overdue, but they probably won't implement them as well since Spears weren't present in Elder Scrolls series since Morrowind, and Crossbows...well we already have bows so it's close enough.
    The One-Handed skill-line would also be pretty neat since I've played as a Spellsword in most of my ES games.

I'd also like them to add Cloaks, they've been in the game for a long time, you can see it in the gameplay trailers but for some reason they were never released on live servers.
  • VDoom1
    VDoom1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lore wise Dawnguard being added would make a lot of sense, and would be cool. Beware all vampires, soon a DLC just to hunt you muhahaha. Capes and cloaks would also be cool.

Weapon dyes...ugh no thank you. What people want to run around with a rainbow colored sword, a pink fabulous sword. Yeah that screams realistic...
    We Fight For Cyrodiil.
    We fight for The Daggerfall Covenant.
    We fight for The Aldmeri Dominion.
    We fight for The Ebonheart Pact.
    We fight for Tamriel!
    CP 1200+
    Grand Master Crafter | Tamriel Hero
    Imperial Dragonknight
    Khajiit Necromancer
    Altmer Templar | Dunmer Nightblade
    Khajiit Nightblade | Argonian Dragonknight
    Altmer Sorcerer | Breton Nightblade
    Nord Warden | Dunmer Sorcerer
    Guild - Priests Of Hircine
    ESO Since 2014
    PC - EU
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nightmare dungeon mode where all of the mechanics would suddenly matter again like they did in 1.5.

A new arena for 4 people like DSA, even better a new arena for 2 people, that'd be fun.

Ability to change gear looks to a motif I know.

Housing items limit increase.

BUG FIXES.
  • Inhuman003
    Inhuman003
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm all for the Dawnguard vampire slaying and spellcrafting, but we know how the system works here.
  • DerethDawnblade
    DerethDawnblade
    ✭✭✭
    VDoom1 wrote: »
    Lore wise Dawnguard being added would make a lot of sense, and would be cool. Beware all vampires, soon a DLC just to hunt you muhahaha. Capes and cloaks would also be cool.

Weapon dyes...ugh no thank you. What people want to run around with a rainbow colored sword, a pink fabulous sword. Yeah that screams realistic...

I think the best compromise is to let us use the color pallets from lower level weapons.