The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Where do i hand crafting writs in?

Castersugar
Castersugar
Soul Shriven
My character started in Vvardenfell. AD.
The quest map sends me to travel in a boat to.. well nowhere. Any ideas? thanks for your help!

Best Answer

• JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Open your journal. Make the deliver the items quest active. Hit the "show location" button at the bottom of the map screen. You should be able to see where you need to go to deliver your items. The location depends on your crafting/writ level. If you've just started, and you're AD, you probably need to go to Vulkhel Guard.
    Answer ✓
  • Didz
    Didz
    ✭✭
    As @JKorr says it depends on your crafting level.

However, like you i found that the quest map just sent me to the nearest boat, which often wasn't even going to the right zone. So, it helps to know where you need to go.

Consortium Writs must be delivered to Davon's Watch (Stonefalls); Daggerfall (Glenumbra) or Vulkhel Guard (Auridon)
    Refugee Deliveries to Shornhelm (Rivenspire); Stormhold (Shadowfen) or Marbruk (Greenshade)
    Privateer deliveries to Rawl’kha (Reapers March); Evermore (Bankorai) or Riften (The Rift)
    Fighters Guild Deliveries to Velyen Harbour* (Malabal Tor); Sentinel (Alik’r Desert) or Windhelm (Eastmarch)
    Alliance Writs to Grahtwood (Elden Root); Wayrest (Stormhaven) or Mournhold (Deshaan)
    Higher level Writs to Belkarth (Craglorn)

*be careful this location is hostile to merchants. But you can stealth into the delivery location by hugging the fort walls.

Note that all three locations are valid delivery locations regardless of which faction you come from. So, I tend to deliver everything to the same three, and all three of the highest level deliveries go to Craglorn.
    Edited by Didz on June 12, 2017 3:19PM
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My character started in Vvardenfell. AD.
    The quest map sends me to travel in a boat to.. well nowhere. Any ideas? thanks for your help!

Ah.. yeah.. yet another bug we reported in the Morrowind Beta.

You will always have to go to the mainland, via the boat at Saen or via wayshrine, to turn in.

Upon arrival, you will be greeted by a hooded figure that ports in as you do. Doing that will start the main questline. So.. dont talk to them if you dont want to do that.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Castersugar
    Castersugar
    Soul Shriven
    thanks for reply! Seems a largely crap to have to go to particular vendors to hand in notice board quests.. they trying to make it even more tedious? ... painful
  • Didz
    Didz
    ✭✭
    thanks for reply! Seems a largely crap to have to go to particular vendors to hand in notice board quests.. they trying to make it even more tedious? ... painful
    It's not that painful, most of the delivery points are within sight of a wayshrine. So, the only real pain is having to wait for a loading screen before delivery. I usually take that opportunity to go and make a cup of tea.

The one exception is Velyen Harbour* (Malabal Tor), which is in a walled outpost surrounded by hostile guards. First time I tried to make a delivery there I walked right into them, and ended up with a criminal record after fighting my way out. However, I quickly learnt a way past the guards by following the wall closely round to the entrance.

Also as I said above the three delivery sites for each type of contract are interchangeable, so if you don't want to go to Velyen Harbour to deliver your crafted writ you can go to either Sentinel (Alik’r Desert) or Windhelm (Eastmarch) instead.

Another unrelated positive of this delivery process is that it can be combined with shopping at the local Guild Stores for any particular gear you are looking for, most of the delivery locations are close to large market hubs, so you would have to be going there anyway for that.
    Edited by Didz on June 14, 2017 12:16PM
  • Feanauro
    Feanauro
    Soul Shriven
    Vvardenfell has a place to turn in writs which is broken. It's next to the pvp battlegrounds dock off Vivec City, but it only accepts the first tier of blacksmith writ (and your map won't lead you there).
    "When your bow is broken and your last arrow spent, then shoot, shoot with your whole heart"—Roger Zelazny
  • Didz
    Didz
    ✭✭
    Feanauro wrote: »
    Vvardenfell has a place to turn in writs which is broken. It's next to the pvp battlegrounds dock off Vivec City, but it only accepts the first tier of blacksmith writ (and your map won't lead you there).

That's probably an attempt to mimic the usual arrangement for Consortium Contracts, which are always delivered to a merchant in a starting zone. Vvardenfell is now a starting zone for Morrowind and so it makes sense that Consortium writs should be deliverable there too, however, Zeni are always a bit hit and miss when it comes to tidying up old code, (Just look at the horse tooltips) and it doesn't surprise me that they haven't linked the Vivec City Merchant into the network of delivery locations.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didz wrote: »
    The one exception is Velyen Harbour* (Malabal Tor), which is in a walled outpost surrounded by hostile guards. First time I tried to make a delivery there I walked right into them, and ended up with a criminal record after fighting my way out. However, I quickly learnt a way past the guards by following the wall closely round to the entrance.

You can jump through opening in the wall along the side for this one. You still have to careful of the guards, but you can avoid more of them this way.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"