Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

ShadowFen Histcarp MIA!!!!

Mike-420
Mike-420
✭✭
Pls Help !!

I'm beyond the point of ripping my hair out, The HISTCARP found in LAKES in SHADOWFEN has been the most elusive fish EVER! I've spent the last day and 1/2 trying to catch this god for saken blue fish and its no where to be found.

What in the actual *** is going on? Are all the guides *** and the histcarp is only found in 1 special secret hidden cave locked away behind the DLC dungeos?

Someone please tell me they caught the damn fish in a lake and i'll continue the never end quest, But i seriously hope im doing something wrong here..

Guts = Lake = ALL OVER SHADOWFEN and NOTHING.. I have every fish from every other dominion, and every other fish from shadowfen BUT the histcarp...

What the *** is the drop rate for this thing cause im burning thru 200 stacks like there candy.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just really poor RNG mechanics I would guess.

I've had stints where I would be a zone for nights trying to get a blue fish, then other stints where I would clear a zone in an hour.

If you're not already try fishing with some friends as it increases the chance of a rare fish.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    A day and a half is nothing! I have spent far longer than that trying to catch that last blue fish. I find it is best to leave the area for a day or two and then come back and try again. Good luck!
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Mike-420
    Mike-420
    ✭✭
    Oh i've had horrible drop rates in other zones but its NEVER taken a day and 1/2 of straight fishing to get them all, as i said i've cleard every single zone BUT this one, theres a few other forum posts about the issue as well so i know im not the only one stuck on this damn fish...

sadly no friends to toodle around with but i did fish with a few randoms a cpl times in the lakes but nada.. Every other green fish sure.. But nada on the blue one :(

I sent CS an email hopefully they have an answer, or will just give me the damn fish and call it a day lol
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also Netflix.

Fishing is much more fun when watching a marathon of Fresh Prince of Bel Air.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Mike-420
    Mike-420
    ✭✭
    Hippie4927 wrote: »
    A day and a half is nothing! I have spent far longer than that trying to catch that last blue fish. I find it is best to leave the area for a day or two and then come back and try again. Good luck!

I think this is what im going to have to do.. someone else said the same in an older forum post about this same damn fish.

Id' like to meet the person who invented RNG loot drops cause i got a few choice words for him/her lol

Any other tips, tricks or just a success story i'd love to hear uhm!! :smiley:
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mike-420 wrote: »

I think this is what im going to have to do.. someone else said the same in an older forum post about this same damn fish.

Id' like to meet the person who invented RNG loot drops cause i got a few choice words for him/her lol

Any other tips, tricks or just a success story i'd love to hear uhm!! :smiley:

I have 4 Master Anglers so I feel like kind of an expert at fishing in the game. You can't do anything about RNG so move on, do something else and then come back. Otherwise, you will make yourself crazy. :)
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Mike-420
    Mike-420
    ✭✭

I have 4 Master Anglers so I feel like kind of an expert at fishing in the game. You can't do anything about RNG so move on, do something else and then come back. Otherwise, you will make yourself crazy. :)

Oh hell were long past making my self crazy doing this lol, But yeah i'm moving on and just random fishing other areas now for Roe i'll try again tomorrow or something.. Might even get crazy and take a break from fishing and do dungeons!
  • Mike-420
    Mike-420
    ✭✭
    Happy to report after begging in chat for a fishing friend i found another whos after the same fish, We teamed up, I got my god damn Histcarp!!!

Now im chilln with him hoping he gets his! :D

Team work makes a difference!!!