The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Xbox One X

CasualB
CasualB
Soul Shriven
After Microsoft's E3 conference, it was announced that ESO would be receiving a free 4k upgrade, can you also please confirm again if the Xbox One X will perform better with ESO also with the upgrade to 4k is there any chance of 60fps finally?
  • CommanderROR
    Since ESO will get 4K on Xbox One X...will it get Dolby Atmos as well? Please?
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prob won't get 60 FPS as that's a conflict in any PvP due to all other consoles being at 30 FPS

-PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
    Options
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CasualB wrote: »
    After Microsoft's E3 conference, it was announced that ESO would be receiving a free 4k upgrade, can you also please confirm again if the Xbox One X will perform better with ESO also with the upgrade to 4k is there any chance of 60fps finally?

I've yet to see any official "announcement" on this from MS or ZOS. Have you?
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
    Options
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
    Options
  • Excaltic
    Excaltic
    ✭✭✭
    Prob won't get 60 FPS as that's a conflict in any PvP due to all other consoles being at 30 FPS
    A difference in fps will not cause issue's in PVP, since netcode and graphics coding are not synced. Just like you can have a PC that will pump out 200fps against a PC that stops around 25fps.

60fps in 1080p enhanced mode in PVP on the X1X is very compatible with other X1's who run at lower settings. :)

Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excaltic wrote: »
    A difference in fps will not cause issue's in PVP, since netcode and graphics coding are not synced. Just like you can have a PC that will pump out 200fps against a PC that stops around 25fps.

60fps in 1080p enhanced mode in PVP on the X1X is very compatible with other X1's who run at lower settings. :)

Tell that to the devs not me.
    I'm all for an overall upgrade, however developers who have 100% choice on this, have said they're looking at the same FPS and other enhancements where PvP exists

Did you read the Destiny bull shhh
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on June 15, 2017 3:15AM
    Options
  • Excaltic
    Excaltic
    ✭✭✭

I'm all for an overall upgrade, however developers who have 100% choice on this, have said they're looking at the same FPS and other enhancements where PvP exists

Well, for PVP, I think their main goal is performance. To get rid of the many transparent castles and other memory issues.

But since the Xbox One X is -that- powerfull, I think they can easily go for 1080p 60fps without any problems whatsoever.

I have good confidence in the ESO devs, since they were able to run ESO on the Xbox One at 1080p (with pure magic) as one few third party developers. If they can use the same magic on the Xbox One X, who knows what awaits us... :D
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, for PVP, I think their main goal is performance. To get rid of the many transparent castles and other memory issues.

But since the Xbox One X is -that- powerfull, I think they can easily go for 1080p 60fps without any problems whatsoever.

I have good confidence in the ESO devs, since they were able to run ESO on the Xbox One at 1080p (with pure magic) as one few third party developers. If they can use the same magic on the Xbox One X, who knows what awaits us... :D

@Excaltic
    From a recent interview, they aren't going after higher FPS.

It's basically going to be higher fidelity for both 1080p and 4k than what was offered for the PS4 pro. I will share they didn't do any magic to hit 1080p ....it's engine driven and Dev tool driven primarily to reach 1080p. PS4 had better tools by engine than Xbox one for a long time as the system wasn't that much more powerful but there are headroom opportunities over the original Xbox one vs the original PS4

Options
  • Excaltic
    Excaltic
    ✭✭✭

@Excaltic

It's basically going to be higher fidelity for both 1080p and 4k than what was offered for the PS4 pro. I will share they didn't do any magic to hit 1080p ....it's engine driven and Dev tool driven primarily to reach 1080p. PS4 had better tools by engine than Xbox one for a long time as the system wasn't that much more powerful but there are headroom opportunities over the original Xbox one vs the original PS4
    Well, then the higher graphics fidelity will have to be increased by a lot if compared to the PS4 Pro, since the Xbox One X is more then 50% more powerfull based on hardware specs.

But I think that the biggest increase will be the absence of drops to 1~3 fps that we see on the original Xbox One in PVP zergs. The latest thing is dat one faction comes not with 1 full zerg but with 2 full zergs to 1 castle. The game totally can't handle 40 people attacking and 20 people defending. What usually happens is that the defenders drop to 1~3 fps, game engine freaks out and all defenders just crash out of the game and the two full zergs just walk inside the castle as it was empty.

If the fps drops are completely gone and there will be 30fps -all the time- it will be a big improvement already.

Also, there is this thing with the Xbox One X that it will feature AMD's Freesync 2, so we might even look at uncapped fps (no v-sync) at the Xbox One X for monitors and TV's that will support it, just like on PC. :)

Edit:
    What they -could- do is make a slider with 4 options:
    - 1080p@30fps basic (Original Xbox One)
    - 1080p@60fps performance mode (Xbox One X only) - same graphics as basic game, but fps cap at 60
    - 1080p@30fps extreme high fidelity mode (Xbox One X only)
    - 2160p@30fps high fidelity mode (Xbox One only) - PS4 Pro 1080p quality mode mode at 4k
    Edited by Excaltic on June 20, 2017 12:01PM
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Excaltic

Well, then the higher graphics fidelity will have to be increased by a lot if compared to the PS4 Pro, since the Xbox One X is more then 50% more powerfull based on hardware specs.

But I think that the biggest increase will be the absence of drops to 1~3 fps that we see on the original Xbox One in PVP zergs. The latest thing is dat one faction comes not with 1 full zerg but with 2 full zergs to 1 castle. The game totally can't handle 40 people attacking and 20 people defending. What usually happens is that the defenders drop to 1~3 fps, game engine freaks out and all defenders just crash out of the game and the two full zergs just walk inside the castle as it was empty.

If the fps drops are completely gone and there will be 30fps -all the time- it will be a big improvement already.

Also, there is this thing with the Xbox One X that it will feature AMD's Freesync 2, so we might even look at uncapped fps (no v-sync) at the Xbox One X for monitors and TV's that will support it, just like on PC. :)

Edit:
    What they -could- do is make a slider with 4 options:
    - 1080p@30fps basic (Original Xbox One)
    - 1080p@60fps performance mode (Xbox One X only) - same graphics as basic game, but fps cap at 60
    - 1080p@30fps extreme high fidelity mode (Xbox One X only)
    - 2160p@30fps high fidelity mode (Xbox One only) - PS4 Pro 1080p quality mode mode at 4k

They way I understand it based on interviews and prior info their team shared......and playing on both pc and Xbox one.

Video settings exist but that pane is not accessible for the user on consoles whereas on PC it is. It's not that they need sliders as it's not many different pieces of hardware it's simply two versions. Xbox one+Xbox One S and Xbox One X.

PC has the video settings menu because there are many unknown and ever changing specs to consider. There is only one new version on console so they will have two modes and could offer maybe 4 if they choose but none around frame rate. Why create higher frame rates for one small niche install base?

Consoles should be plug and go. Additional options make sense if the install base has TVs that make a noticeable difference so we see the HDR10 options but frame rate.....no as most people aren't investing in 4k TVs who own consoles only where if playing in full native ultra Hd with hdr at 60 FPS who have high response rate monitors.

I have I think in early 2017 the second best LG 4k ultra Hd hdr10 240hz 65 inch model on the market. Thing is, even with all that, there is motion blur regardless of the settings.

Until the install base and TVs align 60 FPS often seems silly. What good is more frames if you see less due to motion blur.

Options