Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

What is "direct damage"?

Jitterbug
Jitterbug
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
As per the tooltip for the CP node Master-at-arms.

And specifically I'm interested in if any of the following skills are boosted by the CP:

Elemental Blockade
Fetcher Infection
Subterranean Assault
Winter's Revenge
Rearming Trap
Endless Hail
Poison Injection

Thank you for your time.

Best Answers

• RobbieRocket
    RobbieRocket
    ✭✭✭
    Direct Damage (as I understand it) is anything damage at all (melee, weapon, magic, etc.) that goes from player to target (character/player) and has an instant damage value. So this means that additional effects (such as "chance of", damage over time or "because of this..." damage) do not count as direct damage. Also, Area of Effect damage does not count.

I do not use many of the spells/skills you listed but, for example, Elemental Blockade would have ZERO direct damage, intially (as it is area of effect) or over time.

I hope this helps a bit.
    Answer ✓
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jitterbug wrote: »
    As per the tooltip for the CP node Master-at-arms.

And specifically I'm interested in if any of the following skills are boosted by the CP:

Elemental Blockade
    Fetcher Infection
    Subterranean Assault
    Winter's Revenge
    Rearming Trap
    Endless Hail
    Poison Injection

Thank you for your time.

Poison Injection for example has a direct damage, but the dot dont will increase damage by this CP.
    Heavy attack from lightningstaff has 2x direct damage too, as start and at the end is direct damage. That 2 ticks in middle is a kind of dot, when i am right.
    Any skill or hit, which damage the target with impact are direct damage skills. For example Meteor is an area damage with impact and i am not sure if that will get stronger with master at arms.. i think not, but not sure.
    Edited by DeHei on June 12, 2017 9:20AM
    DeHei - EP Magicka Templar Allrounder
    De Hei(Youtube)
    Answer ✓