The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Guild Trader "NONE HIRED" inconsistent bug.

RobbieRocket
RobbieRocket
✭✭✭
Hi,

I am hoping that some people comment on this post, saying that there are a ton of threads already about this issue, because then and only then will my point fully be realised.

My point - which is relevant even if there aren’t many threads on the issue already - is that I and several other players experience the bug whereby we hire a Guild Trader but on our Guild Page for all to see, it states “NONE HIRED”. This could be for 1 day of the week, a few days or the whole week, sometimes we hire a Trader and the notice works for the whole week. It is therefore inconsistent as well as incorrect which makes it no less enjoyable as Guild MOTD’s are changed (sometimes daily) just to announce to Guild members the truth of the matter.

That this issue is still prevalent 2 years after PS4 release is something of a shocker for me. It seems far out of whack compared to so many of the good things, fixes and revamps that have happened to ESO since June 2015 (and earlier on PC).

Can someone please enlighten me about this issue?

Thanks in advance.
  • RobbieRocket
    RobbieRocket
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the wonderful responses. I must be missing something.

This issue must score really high with a formula involving how long the issue has existed, how much it effects the dynamic of MOTD (new recruits and so on) versus how fixable it seems.

Any responses?
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Out of interest, is the Guild Trader one in an Outlaws' Refuge? I've experienced this from the other side (on PC), where it looks like a Trader is available for hire but actually they are bugged out. They can't be hired but won't sell items either.
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 2200+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1700+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50
    Jadisa al-Belkarth - Redguard Arcanist looking for a role

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
  • FooWasHere
    FooWasHere
    ✭✭✭
    Right now the "None Hired" seem endemic on PC EU. Every single one of my guilds appear to not have a guild trader, while they in fact have one.

Edit: And to clarify, it's about the guild screen (with MotD etc.) suddenly not showing hired traders/owned resources. This is very annoying for a trading guild.

-Foo
    Edited by FooWasHere on July 11, 2017 7:47PM
  • Shamisa_En
    Shamisa_En
    ✭✭✭
    It's pretty annoying to lose trading members because of a bug...
    The devil's in the details.
  • Darlon
    Darlon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here... 2 trade guilds, both with trader, but guild screen saying 'None Hired'...

This is on PC EU
  • PurpleScroll
    PurpleScroll
    ✭✭✭✭
    This bug is now getting worse because mods that scan guild traders, such as TTC, are throwing an error stating the current guild doesn't have a guild kiosk.
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am in 3 guilds with a trader, all 3 where shown as "none hired".
    suddently within few minutes, I tabbed in and out of history/ranks/roster/frontpage of guilds and 2 of the guilds started to show their trader location.

I am trying to see if I can trigger the last guild to show trader. I am not sure this is how it works at all, but if possible it could come in somewhat handy.
  • FooWasHere
    FooWasHere
    ✭✭✭
    And it's back on PC-EU. :(:(:(
    -Foo
  • RyeKingKilla
    HEY EVERYONE!
    IM ON XBOX NA SERVER
    And I have A Trader In Anvil And It Shows As None Hired... Is ESO in the works of fixing this Bug?
    It seems to happen every Sunday when they do the change overs.... and will stay like that for a couple days then it will show the trader after a couple days I took a screen Shot Just for safe measures lol
  • Anne13
    Anne13
    ✭✭✭✭
    It’s an exploit due to other guilds using fake guilds then disbanding that guild so their main guild can hire that spot for 10k
    It’s been discussed in several separate topics and so far has been going on for years. Zos have acknowledged it. But not yet done anything about it. It’s a shame for the honest guilds out there
  • RobbieRocket
    RobbieRocket
    ✭✭✭
    Anne13 - Your response is about something else. My thread is about the "actual guild trader a guild has" being presented as "NONE HIRED". This concerns any, all, every guild regardless of how or even when the Trader was achieved.
  • Anne13
    Anne13
    ✭✭✭✭
    It’s the same thing... it’s how it bugs out the trader notice and all guild traders notice says “ none hired “
    It didn’t happen this week. The first week in a very long time
  • RobbieRocket
    RobbieRocket
    ✭✭✭
    I understand the cause. I think you are missing my solution. I say - utilize how the game connects guilds to Traders (it does so in many ways) and use that to effect the "Guild Trader: ________" notification in the MoTD.

If a Guild Trader in-game can connect to a Guild Store then reciprocally a Guild (MoTD Trader notification) can connect to the Trader in-game. No need for the system to be confused by naughty players and their Guild manipulations, just have a matter-of-fact link.
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This bug has now appeared on PC/NA for the first time. Full report here and also in ticket number 180129-000159.

I have posted in these older threads because the bug is definitely related to changing the MOTD. Our Guild Trader was showing up absolutely fine before I updated the MOTD with this week's raffle winners!
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 2200+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1700+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50
    Jadisa al-Belkarth - Redguard Arcanist looking for a role

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
  • ElfFromSpace
    ElfFromSpace
    ✭✭✭✭
    This has been an issue for a long time but it never stops distressing guild members and adding to the difficulties of Guild Masters.
    Former GM Elder Scrolls Exchange
  • lordhakai
    lordhakai
    ✭✭✭
    baratron wrote: »
    This bug has now appeared on PC/NA for the first time. Full report here and also in ticket number 180129-000159.

I have posted in these older threads because the bug is definitely related to changing the MOTD. Our Guild Trader was showing up absolutely fine before I updated the MOTD with this week's raffle winners!

Its not the first time. It happens more often than it should