Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Best Stamblade Maelstrom Build??

TomStaf11
TomStaf11
Hello,
So basically I've never tried MA, thought I'd give it a go, on normal first obviously. Just made a stamblade and loving it. Using 2H / Bow because I find it helps with staying alive due to brawler's shield.
Current setup: 5 Pc Hunding's
1 Velidreth, 1 Kra'gh, 3 Agility jewellery with weapon damage enchants, 2H / Bow both have weapon damage enchantment.
With food and buffs I'm on 32k stam, 17k health, 10k magic, 827 stam recovery and about 3300 weapon damage(3600 with weapon enchants procced) and about 66% weapon crit on 2H bar, 70 on bow.
Skills: 2H Bar - Trap Beast, Rally, Ambush, Brawler, Reverse Slice, Dawnbreaker (for fighters guild passive)
Bow - Resolving Vigor, Leeching Strikes, Mark Target, Acid Spray/Poison Injection (depending on situation), Arrow Barrage and Death Stroke. Got 210 CP as well.
Wondering if that's a good setup for MA, or what I should change etc. Any advice/criticism greatly appreciated!! Excited to try :) Thanks for reading!
Edited by TomStaf11 on June 10, 2017 2:43PM
Ingame GT: TS 11 11 94
Xbox One EU

Best Answers

• Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't even worry about getting it all to gold. purp can work just as well once you learn the mechanics. I'd suggest for your first run (on vet) to use the Troll King set for bonus survivability. That in conjunction with the momentum heal and siphoning strikes and brawler should keep you going for a while (long as you're able to avoid the red). I'd also suggest slotting agony (at least on vet the first time) if you find yourself dying to adds a lot.

on norms it's pretty easy, even a slight heal will usually allow you to breeze through things.
    Answer ✓
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TomStaf11 wrote: »
    Avran_Sylt wrote: »
    Don't even worry about getting it all to gold. purp can work just as well once you learn the mechanics. I'd suggest for your first run (on vet) to use the Troll King set for bonus survivability. That in conjunction with the momentum heal and siphoning strikes and brawler should keep you going for a while (long as you're able to avoid the red). I'd also suggest slotting agony (at least on vet the first time) if you find yourself dying to adds a lot.

on norms it's pretty easy, even a slight heal will usually allow you to breeze through things.

Ok man, thanks! Just getting used to the nihhtblade now, was dying all the time before I got vigor and rally but never really die now. Better to use aoe or single target though?

Single target, at least starting out. the fewer mobs there are, the less damage you take, so burst some mofos down. I'd suggest killing/immobilizing the ranged adds first since you can out run a guy using a sword.
    Answer ✓
  • TomStaf11
    TomStaf11
    Thanks for the help bro :)
    Xbox One EU
    Answer ✓
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, and if you try vet, don't forget to make liberal use of the powerups scattered around the arena, they respawn every round.
    Answer ✓
  • TomStaf11
    TomStaf11
    Oh and all purple gear, don't want to commit to gold until I'm 100% sure about the build. I also have a mag sorc with julianos and similar setup... if anyone recommends doing it on that instead lemme know :smile:
    Edited by TomStaf11 on June 10, 2017 2:45PM
    Xbox One EU
  • TomStaf11
    TomStaf11
    Avran_Sylt wrote: »

Ok man, thanks! Just getting used to the nihhtblade now, was dying all the time before I got vigor and rally but never really die now. Better to use aoe or single target though?
    Xbox One EU
  • TomStaf11
    TomStaf11
    I managed to do maelstrom yesterday and to be honest it wasn't that hard! I died a couple of times on the ice round because I didn't know about the trolls but after that, realised it was definitely more about mechanics!

Veteran seems like it'll be difficult though... gonna wait a couple hundred CP for that because the quicker the enemies die the easier it'll be and I don't think I could do enough damage to them yet.
    Xbox One EU