The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Sewer Tenement failed! What? :(

BlackPearlII
BlackPearlII
✭✭
I noticed there were many topics about this, but I didn´t find anything about the bug I seem to have: this is the third time now that it happened, and it´s always the same sewer with the same targets: Aojee-ei (or something, sorry), and Lamzakha. The story is as follows:

1) After entering the area I go to the most back "kind of a secret" -room where Aojee-ei is, kill him, quest updates. Great.

2) I go back to the area where the secret entrance to Lamzakha is, look down and see Aojee-ei walking around at the ground floor, like nothing ever happened (two times now spotted). Yet my quest log had updated and the only thing left is to kill Lamzakha with poison and not alerting anyone. So I leave Aojee-ei alone.

3) I equip poison, jump to the secret room, use Blade of Woe and kill Lamzakha. Quest updates as it should. Awesome.

--> I sneak/run back to the entrance completely unnoticed and there it is --> "Optional steps failed". WHAT!! No matter how many times I do the quest, it´s always the same.

Do I keep doing something wrong (which is entirely possible)? Or is it because equipping poison it says "All poisons are applied 20% of the time" (what does that even mean - you use poison but can´t be sure if it works every time - what)? Or is it just a bug? Nerve eating, flesh carving, bone chilling bug that follows you no matter how good you are..

..for you shall be doomed to fail? :D
Edited by BlackPearlII on June 10, 2017 2:08PM
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not 100% certain.....somebody correct me if I'm wrong......but I don't think poisons work with the blade of woe. I think you need to kill the dude with your regular weapon and poison.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • BlackPearlII
    BlackPearlII
    ✭✭
    Oh, all right I´ll have to test that, would explain some of the failures. thanks :)
  • uzbachchi
    uzbachchi
    ✭✭✭
    No, that's not true. I do sacraments all the time, equip poison, it counts with Blade of Woe in these sacraments. Never had a problem with it working.

It's entirely possible it got broken with the update. Stealth has not been working at all right ever since patch. People can see me around a corner in another room murder someone even when I'm completely hidden. Not always but sometimes. And the NPCs seeing you in their house and swinging around to confront you even though you're completely hidden is worse than it used to be too.
    Edited by uzbachchi on June 11, 2017 6:50PM
  • BlackPearlII
    BlackPearlII
    ✭✭
    Yes, apparently it is broken (and thank you for you reply as well). I tested it yesterday:

1) When in Sewer Tenement with whatever weapon - it doesn´t count the poison equipped,

2) Aojee-Ei as one of the targets located in the most back room, after killing him and returning to rooms near the entrance, he´s there walking around like nothing happened.. I killed him twice and the optional steps still failed,

--> instead when I´m in Smuggler´s Den or Trader´s Cove, no probs whatsoever.. quest updates, Blade of Woe and poison works fine and every target meant to be killed also stay that way :D

Now of course, there is no way of knowing which of those is causing the problem, yet it tells me "some of the optional steps completed", indicating that I failed several of them - as I usually get the "most of the optional steps completed" -option if I´ve failed only one or even two. Oh well.

Anyways I´ve completed the DB and doing them quests only for fun.. just abandoning it each time when the Sewer comes up. For it is annoying when you KNOW you´ve done it right and yet it says "Too bad sissy but ooooh you failed!" Lol! :tired_face: