The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Thank you for adding Race specific dialogue!

ArchMikem
ArchMikem
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Really, just the fact that there were at least a few NPCs around that recognized what Race you were made the game that much better to play. That High Elf in Suran greeting me when i walked into his clinic?

"Ah a Khajiit! And a furry one too. How...delightful."

Then he goes on to ask what kind of remedies i need, including something for a dull coat. It was great.
CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    YES!! And, also, an NPC acknowledging that I am a vampire......

ezoyq.png
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hippie4927 wrote: »

ezoyq.png

I think he says that regardless.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ezoyq.png

Another one, anyway. The vampire hunter from Greenshade finally realizes you might be a vampire when you meet him again on The Gold Coast.
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, its pretty awesome! :)
    Ae5G8rK.jpg
    1L1kw0k.jpg
    Edited by LadyNalcarya on June 10, 2017 5:06AM
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, its pretty awesome! :)
    Ae5G8rK.jpg
    1L1kw0k.jpg

Yeah, i know a few people on this forum that probably thought Sadrith Mora's questline was a wet dream.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Aeladiir
    Aeladiir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TFW it's 2017 and ZOS has finally realized how important dialogue like this actually is. Took 'em only nine years or so.
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah they did a great job with this in the Vvardenfell DLC! Even down to the quest with the one Altmer mage who's allergic to cats. He was noooooooot happy to see Men'Do, no siree Bobcat.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think the Wrothgar dlc also had some dialogue specific to being an orc, did it not?
    Was it possible to become chief of a clan, even if you weren't an orc?
  • slumber_sandb16_ESO
    slumber_sandb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree, love the race specific dialogue. I remember one point as an Orc I had the option to warn someone to take care how they speak of Orcs after they called Orcs stupid. :D
    Definitely want more of that in the future.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koensol wrote: »
    I think the Wrothgar dlc also had some dialogue specific to being an orc, did it not?

You are correct.
    And no, only if you are an orc, and male. I tested with my female orc and the dialogue option to insist to be chief wasn't there. Their loss, anyway. Shatul is the worst clan.
    Morkul forever!
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do like that Lyranth does NOT acknowledge you in WGT. "Hey, don't I know you." "I dunno, all you mortals look the same to me."
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do like that Lyranth does NOT acknowledge you in WGT. "Hey, don't I know you." "I dunno, all you mortals look the same to me."

Well considering that I usually don't free her in Shadowfen, I'm happy that she doesn't recognize me :p
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • HappyHaunt
    HappyHaunt
    ✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »
    Koensol wrote: »

You are correct.
    And no, only if you are an orc, and male. I tested with my female orc and the dialogue option to insist to be chief wasn't there. Their loss, anyway. Shatul is the worst clan.
    Morkul forever!
    That's odd, my female Orc on PS4 managed to become chief. o.O
    Recently switched to Xbox EU server.
    Main: Dusk Dyzmal - Dunmer - Necromancer - Pact
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also noticed some quests active different then we are used to as well.

for instance the quest with the altmer mage and the dark elf alchemist, shes does not have a quest marker over her until her initial dialogue with the NPC is over. once its over a quest marker pops over her head.

I thought that was a rather neat change compared to NPC's with quest markers flying at you out of nowhere.

they have made several subtle improvements to the world design, quest interaction, and player to NPC interaction, among other things.

love to see these kinds of improvements, tells me things are going well and only getting better.
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • Didaco
    Didaco
    ✭✭✭✭
    I remember skipping a quest in Na Totambu (maybe?) because that one of my characters was a redguard.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ezoyq.png

I checked a few hours ago. No, I wasn't able to get that dialog on a non-vampire. I don't have a werewolf on Vvardenfell, but I'll try to remember to check for him when I take one there.
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

ezoyq.png

I checked a few hours ago. No, I wasn't able to get that dialog on a non-vampire. I don't have a werewolf on Vvardenfell, but I'll try to remember to check for him when I take one there.

That makes more sense because why would he say that to a non-vampire? You burst my bubble for a minute but now I have my bubble back! lol
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • AshTal
    AshTal
    ✭✭✭✭
    Loved playing Morrowind as an Argonian going to play it as a dark elf next as I assume they get special dialog.
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    AshTal wrote: »
    Loved playing Morrowind as an Argonian going to play it as a dark elf next as I assume they get special dialog.

Ive been looking for special dialog as a Dunmer but I havent seen any. I still get the outlander/outsider responses. Its possible I overlooked something because of how subtle it was.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dunmer get the occasional recognition too. My Dunmer warden was told something like 'You're Dunmer, you know what it's like' or something along those lines.
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ive been looking for special dialog as a Dunmer but I havent seen any. I still get the outlander/outsider responses. Its possible I overlooked something because of how subtle it was.

There are quite a few. Just yesterday, one of the Silt Strider operators opened dialogue with "As another Dark Elf..."

They call you "outlander" no matter what. The implication is that if you're a Dunmer, you grew up in mainland Morrowind or have been otherwise spending so much time on the mainland that your clothing and mannerisms strike them as foreign.

For roleplay purposes, it's actually a bit of a sting to my Vvardenfell-born Dunmer, as she's worried it means she's lost touch with her roots.
    Edited by BlackSparrow on June 10, 2017 2:34PM
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • Maximo3rdb14_ESO

Not all that much, to the point where I was surprised when someone finally did acknowledge it. You still get the 'Outlander' comments, even though you aren't a Dunmer who was born outside of Morrowind, and you still get some characters talk about the Dunmer as if you would know nothing about them. I've found it very, very rare that someone actually acknowledged that my character was Dunmer. I do wish Morrowind was more like Orsinium with how the latter acknowledged an Orc main character.
    PS4 User.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There are quite a few. Just yesterday, one of the Silt Strider operators opened dialogue with "As another Dark Elf..."

They call you "outlander" no matter what. The implication is that if you're a Dunmer, you grew up in mainland Morrowind or have been otherwise spending so much time on the mainland that your clothing and mannerisms strike them as foreign.

For roleplay purposes, it's actually a bit of a sting to my Vvardenfell-born Dunmer, as she's worried it means she's lost touch with her roots.

Yeah, this was actually a thing in the original game. You were told, explicitly that Dunmer born on the mainland were considered outlanders by the people of Vvardenfell. Specifically, the player's accent and the way they dressed were what identified them. So, that's not a mistake.
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly im more impressed at the adult dialogue and 18+ references in morrowind lot less kiddy oriented
    Edited by Mettaricana on June 11, 2017 12:42AM