Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dungeon Run with lower level players

Sixsixsix161
Sixsixsix161
✭✭✭
Question: How do you feel about a lower level player following you into a dungeon.

I don't mean in a party, but he kind of starts to follow you as you begin the dungeon run, he fights with you and heals you, maybe get some stuff from boss kills, skyshard, etc.

My cp 225 magsorc is very underpowered, and I can't solo a dungeon. So, last night in Rivenspire (I'm trying to get Necro gear), there were numerous cp600+, 400, etc., entering the public dungeon there, but no invites which I understand - they're trying to get done and move on - I understand that.

With the overland bosses and the dolmen it's a different thing, that's more of a free-for-all.

Thoughts pls.

Next discussion: RNG. In four days of running chests and overland bosses, I got 2 pair of green Necro shoes the first day, nothing since lol.

• Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a public Dungeon for a reason. Get in there and tag everything. Nobody owns the spawns

As for drops, they will only come from bosses (delve, public Dungeon, world) reliably. Chances from treasure chest and trash mobs. Dolmens drop the jewelry. It's a loot table shared with 2 other sets so it won't always be necro.
    Edited by Sigtric on June 9, 2017 10:04PM

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesnt worry me, just make yourself known so I know not to smash bosses before you get there
  • Sixsixsix161
    Sixsixsix161
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the inputs.

I'll give it a shot later today.
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If I were you I'd ask people before doing that. If someone is farming for xp(though most publics aren't very good for that but say Morrowind ones seem pretty good) they'd very much get upset by a lowbie tagging along. I'm not saying it's something I'd do - if I was there for xp I'd politely ask to not follow me(if I wasn't I'd probably ask if you need help and offer to group up) but someone might not be very polite so I'd suggest you ask first to try to avoid that.
  • Dantaria
    Dantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question: How do you feel about a lower level player following you into a dungeon.
    Honestly? Awwwwwww <3:D

I myself have been stuck there not so long ago. Today I'm 450+CP big girl who can solo the hell out of this s**t. But mere yesterday a was a lonely struggling n00b who just wanted to complete Mages Guild daily, but couldn't, because this tiny sorc honestly has very little idea what the hell she was doing :D

So I got myself glued to some big guys and just ran after them. Fun times, fun times :D

I remember all too well what it's liked to be in the low, so any lowbie is welcome to run after me for as long as they wish :) Always feels touching and flattering :)

Also, I hate grinding and don't do it (just bores me to death), but how can lowbie interfere with that? AFAIK, everyone who made damage get exp and loot. And high-CP-all-the-DoTs would damage everything before poor lowbie even starts using skills :D I mean... there is no "last strike" in ESO, you did dmg - you get exp. Lowbies hardly can create any obstacles whatsoever o__O
    Edited by Dantaria on June 10, 2017 11:44PM
    English isn't my native, apologies for any mistakes.
  • Sixsixsix161
    Sixsixsix161
    ✭✭✭
    Wish I could solo it, however, spell damage for my cp230 is 1359.

It's not that I can't handle a boss/enemy, as long as it is just one boss (or if there's plenty of room so I can kite them). But in the Rivenspire dungeon, your first left is right into 6 enemies - that's a bit much for me.

I made it this afternoon. I was really surprised with the drops from the bosses, mainly gold, some containers with poison, nothing big. One level 630 obviously didn't want me to tag along (he kept walking away and hiding after a fight), so I left him and found someone else.

But I have discovered that I shouldn't go after the Necro armor, that only increases my magicka, but doesn't do anything for increasing my damage.

I've found several other sets that increase magicka, spell damage (+129), and +400 spell damage on the destroy staff, and another that's the same, except in the 5-piece set, +400 damage to shock abilities (I play with lightning staffs).

Oh, just for laughs, killing the final boss at level 50 (forgot his name, that was 2 1/2 years ago), took my magsorc 48 minutes to solo him lol.

I forgot, another problem that doesn't help is the changes that were made to pets (i.e., clannfear and the wardens' bear) with the Morrowind DLC. Self healing gone, AOE defense useless, and you will pull them of an enemy if you're attacking another enemy with heavy attacks). So, if you have 4 enemies to fight, potentially, your pet could spend his time running from one to another, and never doing much damage and/or tanking.

Thanks all for the info.

Edited by Sixsixsix161 on June 11, 2017 1:43AM
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First of all, I'd recommed you getting some Willpower jewelry (with Arcane trait) from guild stores. Its a reward for random dungeons so its pretty cheap these days.
    3 pieces of this set will net you ~180 spell damage and 1400 magicka.
    Secondly, get some crafted gear to use until you get your endgame sets. Necro staves are very rare expensive for a new player, so it doesnt make much sense to buy them if youre a new player. Get a sharpened crafted staff and make it gold (that requies 8 rosins if you have woodworking passives, but it gives you 200 spell damage). The rest of your gear doesnt have to be golden, purple will work just fine.
    Also, rng farming can be a pain, I usually prefer farming gold and buying the items if its possible, its much more effective this way.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wish I could solo it, however, spell damage for my cp230 is 1359.

It's not that I can't handle a boss/enemy, as long as it is just one boss (or if there's plenty of room so I can kite them). But in the Rivenspire dungeon, your first left is right into 6 enemies - that's a bit much for me.

I made it this afternoon. I was really surprised with the drops from the bosses, mainly gold, some containers with poison, nothing big. One level 630 obviously didn't want me to tag along (he kept walking away and hiding after a fight), so I left him and found someone else.

But I have discovered that I shouldn't go after the Necro armor, that only increases my magicka, but doesn't do anything for increasing my damage.

I've found several other sets that increase magicka, spell damage (+129), and +400 spell damage on the destroy staff, and another that's the same, except in the 5-piece set, +400 damage to shock abilities (I play with lightning staffs).

Oh, just for laughs, killing the final boss at level 50 (forgot his name, that was 2 1/2 years ago), took my magsorc 48 minutes to solo him lol.

I forgot, another problem that doesn't help is the changes that were made to pets (i.e., clannfear and the wardens' bear) with the Morrowind DLC. Self healing gone, AOE defense useless, and you will pull them of an enemy if you're attacking another enemy with heavy attacks). So, if you have 4 enemies to fight, potentially, your pet could spend his time running from one to another, and never doing much damage and/or tanking.

Thanks all for the info.

Oh, you'll love this then. You can increase your spell damage in 3 easily accesible ways.
    1. spell damage
    2. spell crit rating (chance)
    3. maximum magicka, yes the more magicka you have, the stronger your spells
    4. Okay, technically there is also crit damage, but this comes from CP and a couple buffs typically unrelated to gear.
    So necro actually increases your damage quite a bit if you use pets.
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Public dungeons aren't intended to be soloed. That doesn't mean they can't be, but with as large as those mob groups can get, there's no shame in tagging along with another player or group, especially if your build isn't AoE focused.

I've been on both sides of this exchange. Running public dungeons on my squishy stamblade main was and continues to be an absolute nightmare without a buddy. I almost always tag along with another player or group, and no one really minds. It gets stuff cleared that much faster, after all. I've also soloed public dungeons on my pet sorc, and had other players tag along with me. Again, nothing wrong with this, as it helps clear the dungeon faster, and gives me a bit of a cushion in case I lose control while soloing.

So yeah, you're good. :)
    Edited by BlackSparrow on June 11, 2017 10:36AM
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • Sixsixsix161
    Sixsixsix161
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, you'll love this then. You can increase your spell damage in 3 easily accesible ways.
      [*] maximum magicka, yes the more magicka you have, the stronger your spells

So necro actually increases your damage quite a bit if you use pets.

@Drummerx04

I have tried to make this happen by adding gear that increased my magicka.

But none of the damage numbers changed. I did this by looking at specific damage numbers of abilities, staff damage, etc. None of the listed damage numbers changed.

Is there a place that has practice dummies that will tell me how much damage I'm doing? Or do I need to use an addon like WoW had that everyone seem to use to tell others how good they are lol.

Thanks for the info.
    1. Sixsixsix161
      Sixsixsix161
      ✭✭✭
      @Drummerx04

So, I never saw any of the damage numbers change when I increased my magicka.

However, Upon Further Review. I've done a search on: "Does magicka increase damage" in the search function of this forum (not Google).

There's been several prior discussions on exactly this subject. One interesting post suggested that the increase is +1 spell damage for every 10.46 magicka, which is close to the number you gave me previously.

Obviously, since the damage numbers don't change when I'm increasing my magicka, there must be some "behind the scene" calculations that does result in a damage increase. Another reason I'm assuming this is because I put almost 50 of my CP points into Elemental Damage and that didn't change the listed damage numbers, either. (I only use destro lightning staffs).

So, I'll go back to Rivenspire and resume running chests and bosses, however, I still would like to find some dummies or an addon that will tell me for sure if it increases damage or not.

2. Drummerx04
      Drummerx04
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      @Drummerx04

So, I never saw any of the damage numbers change when I increased my magicka.

However, Upon Further Review. I've done a search on: "Does magicka increase damage" in the search function of this forum (not Google).

There's been several prior discussions on exactly this subject. One interesting post suggested that the increase is +1 spell damage for every 10.46 magicka, which is close to the number you gave me previously.

Obviously, since the damage numbers don't change when I'm increasing my magicka, there must be some "behind the scene" calculations that does result in a damage increase. Another reason I'm assuming this is because I put almost 50 of my CP points into Elemental Damage and that didn't change the listed damage numbers, either. (I only use destro lightning staffs).

So, I'll go back to Rivenspire and resume running chests and bosses, however, I still would like to find some dummies or an addon that will tell me for sure if it increases damage or not.

The damage formula is what I would describe as "unnecessarily complicated" but increasing your magicka should produced visible changes in the tooltip damage. It's possible that you lost spell damage or whatever when you increased your magicka?

As a sorc, I usually look at the tool tip damage on crystal frag since the number has a high base value it's easier to notice an increase/decrease.

There are target dummies in ESO, but they are attached to player housing. You obviously don't have one at the moment, so if you are in a guild, you can ask in there whether someone has one you can use. There is a pretty good chance you'll get a hit. ESO comes with a built in damage indicator which you can toggle ON in the settings. I think it's in the combat tab.
      Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord

Notable Completions:
      vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
      Lilith's Group Manager
      Bot Scanner 2000
      Lilith's Command History
      Maintained Addons:
      Kill Counter
    3. Shivvies
      Shivvies
      ✭✭
      Eh. It is a mixed bag. I usually invite people to group when I'm running through public dungeons. On NA, I never have trouble with that (being CP 580 or so). On EU, I was recently told that the person I invited "does nto want to carry my lowbie" (was level 30ish I think, not sure)- which turned into a return invite after they ended up following 2-3 bosses behind.

I'll never understand people not wanting to group and I always try to wait for people close by to get a hit or two on the boss. I do not lose anything other than a few seconds and they get the gear they want.

I mean, going back to your original question, basically if they do not want you to follow them around, A) there is no actual reason for it other than being rude and B) there isn't much they can do about it, like someone said earlier, they do not own the spawns in an aptly named "public dungeon."

Cheers!
    4. GawdSB
      GawdSB
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Doesn't bother me, just get some shots in because the bosses can fall pretty quick.
    5. Magdalina
      Magdalina
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      To be fair, there's no reason a cp 230 magsorc shouldn't be able to solo a public dungeon. Necro is a great set if you like pets(as you seem to have already figured out max magicka does indeed increase your damage. It should also be visible on tooltips but they can bug and take a while to update), or you can go the easy way and just craft some Julianos. 5 pc Julianos/Necro, 2 piece Illambris if you have that, 3 Willpower jewelry, random fire/shock staves, gold(it's pricey but golding out cp 160 staves alone will give you pretty noticeable damage increase, like 300 spelldamage over the purple version). If no Illambris, make that 3 Seducer on head+shoulder+weapon or something like that. I'd recommend enchanting the jewelry with spellpower.

Use food, either blue health+mag one or Witchmother's Brew for the extra regeneration. Honestly mobs are so easy(I don't mean it as an offence to you in any way, but I'm hoping soon you will be able to share that opinion ;) ) in publics these days you don't even need a rotation. Use Surge, drop Liquid Lightning, Wall of Elements, Familiar pulse(if you're using it), shield yourself(either Hardened Ward or Annulment work) and just heavy attack things with the lightning staff. Renew the dots as needed and just watch things melt. Don't forget to shield again if they get to you. There's NOTHING in publics that can even drop your health even halfway if you do this. 6 enemies? You can do 40+ enemies easily! I highly recommend destro ulti for big pulls, works wonders there. Surge, shield, pop it and watch them melt.
    6. phileunderx2
      phileunderx2
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I don't mind a lowbie running with me because once I was in the same position and it was cool to have the help.
    7. PokeMaule
      PokeMaule
      ✭✭
      I actually enjoy the company sometimes so I see no issue with people tagging along. I run a social guild of approx 100 people but because I mainly work nights I can't always be on when most of the guild is. I do a lot of solo farming and story mode on my sleepless nights but occasionally a wee lowbie turns up swinging that greatsword about like we all did once. I stick in a few light attacks for loot and then sit back while they kill the boss or whatever. Throw on a resto staff and heal them through. If it's a particularly long time that we are around each other i'll ask them to group or if they have a mic. I have several members of my guild that I have met this way and certainly a lot of newer players who were just grateful for a bit of help without been made to feel useless.
      Sure just last night a level 10 I ran about with for a few hours ended up at level 20, extra skills in the correct places and an idea of where to go next. To top it of he has a very nice 5 piece divines CP160 war maiden set sat in his bank.
      Just goes to show not all high end players are elitist (male chickens)
      Binyar-Tun Argonian DK Tank Ebonheart Pact. CP610 Hist Shadow
      Ra' Zanir - Kajiit Mag NB DPS Aldmeri Dominion. CP610
      Quasan Al Hallin - Redguard Stam Sorc DPS Daggerfall Covenant. CP610 Stormproof
      Seyrena Althranis - Dunmer Magicka Sorc DPS Ebonheart Pact. CP610 Clockwork Confounder

XBONE GT - PokeMaule
      Guildmaster - Unexpected Heroes
      Member - Venom - Morrowind Academy - Tamriel BaseCamp

8. Sixsixsix161
      Sixsixsix161
      ✭✭✭
      Update: On my cp 230 sorc, the tool tips/damage output numbers don't change. That's the first thing I looked at when I got some pieces of gear that increased my magicka.

They do change when I get (mainly jewelry as quest reward) items that say: Spell damage increased by XXX, but magicka increases don't move the numbers.

Weird thing is, my Warden, level 25 does has more magicka and does more damage than my cp 230 magsorc.

Thank you all for your inputs, I'll continue to get better gear.
    9. Magdalina
      Magdalina
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Update: On my cp 230 sorc, the tool tips/damage output numbers don't change. That's the first thing I looked at when I got some pieces of gear that increased my magicka.

They do change when I get (mainly jewelry as quest reward) items that say: Spell damage increased by XXX, but magicka increases don't move the numbers.

Weird thing is, my Warden, level 25 does has more magicka and does more damage than my cp 230 magsorc.

Thank you all for your inputs, I'll continue to get better gear.

Your baby Warden is getting battle leveled, it's pretty op at low levels, especially if you have cp as well. Don't pay too much attention to it, it'll get weaker and eventually disappear as you level up; afaik magicka Wardens are actually pretty weak in the damage department endgame-wise.

Far as tooltips, that is odd. Do the tooltips change properly on your Warden? It sounds like either a visual bug(only tooltips), full-on bug(actually bugged) or perhaps we're missing something there.

Do you have access to a target skeleton? You could just test your skills there, ignore tooltips and see how much they actually hit for with and without magicka increase.
    10. Sixsixsix161
      Sixsixsix161
      ✭✭✭
      @Drummerx04
      @Magdalina

Just wanted to come back and address the damage issue.

I've still not found a "definitive" statement by anyone about how Magicka increases your damage.

There is an exception. I ran my cursor over the Magicka description, and it does increase the damage for staff users. Here's what it said:

"Maximum Magicka affects how many magicka abilities you can cast and how effective those abilities will be. Stave
      weapon damage is based on your Maximum Magicka."

So, staff damage goes up the more magicka you have, but nothing indicates that it increases spell damage.

11. Bobby_V_Rockit
      Bobby_V_Rockit
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      @Drummerx04
      @Magdalina

I've still not found a "definitive" statement by anyone about how Magicka increases your damage.

There is an exception. I ran my cursor over the Magicka description, and it does increase the damage for staff users. Here's what it said:

"Maximum Magicka affects how many magicka abilities you can cast and how effective those abilities will be. Stave

So, staff damage goes up the more magicka you have, but nothing indicates that it increases spell damage.

It doesnt effect spell damage. It effects how much damage Magicka based abilities do. In an overly simplified explanation, damage is basically weapon/spell damage X max stamina/magicka.

Lower/increase your magicka and check an ability damage tooltip before and after.
    12. Sixsixsix161
      Sixsixsix161
      ✭✭✭
      @Drummerx04
      @Magdalina

It doesnt effect spell damage. It effects how much damage Magicka based abilities do. In an overly simplified explanation, damage is basically weapon/spell damage X max stamina/magicka.

Lower/increase your magicka and check an ability damage tooltip before and after.

@Bobby_V_Rockit
      @Drummerx04
      @Magdalina

Sorry it took me a while to get back, but finally found some time to do what you said.

You're absolutely correct, increasing max magicka increases the abilities/spell damage in the tool tips. And staff damage also increases when max magicka is increased.

I won't bore you with the numbers but I started my cp233 magsorc naked, and then adding her gear back, one piece at the time, and it resulted in a damage increase each time.

Now I only need a few more pieces of Necropotence and then I can test it against what my character is currently wearing (War Maidens, purple). I want to check the total damage numbers with Necropotence, especially 5 pieces because of the large max magicka increases. On the other hand, War Maidens has a max magicka increase, and a 124 point spell damage increase with 4 pieces, plus another 386 points spell damage to your magic damage abilities with 5 pieces.

Now, a question about staff damage. My staff does 1108 damage (cp 160).. But when you look at the staff, right below the enchantment line, it also says: Deals 3052 shock damage. That number varies depending on staff level.

Where does that come into play?

13. Drummerx04
      Drummerx04
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      @Drummerx04
      @Magdalina

@Bobby_V_Rockit
      @Drummerx04
      @Magdalina

Sorry it took me a while to get back, but finally found some time to do what you said.

You're absolutely correct, increasing max magicka increases the abilities/spell damage in the tool tips. And staff damage also increases when max magicka is increased.

I won't bore you with the numbers but I started my cp233 magsorc naked, and then adding her gear back, one piece at the time, and it resulted in a damage increase each time.

Now I only need a few more pieces of Necropotence and then I can test it against what my character is currently wearing (War Maidens, purple). I want to check the total damage numbers with Necropotence, especially 5 pieces because of the large max magicka increases. On the other hand, War Maidens has a max magicka increase, and a 124 point spell damage increase with 4 pieces, plus another 386 points spell damage to your magic damage abilities with 5 pieces.

Now, a question about staff damage. My staff does 1108 damage (cp 160).. But when you look at the staff, right below the enchantment line, it also says: Deals 3052 shock damage. That number varies depending on staff level.

You may just be seeing the weapon enchant on the staff. That can be replaced with any weapon enchant. Arguably the most popular enchant for dps is the weapon damage glyph. It adds something like 370 spell and weapon damage for 5 seconds while attacking with the staff or staff skills.

Notable Completions:

Original Addons:
      Lilith's Group Manager
      Bot Scanner 2000
      Lilith's Command History
      Maintained Addons:
      Kill Counter
    14. Sixsixsix161
      Sixsixsix161
      ✭✭✭
      Drummerx04 wrote: »
      @Drummerx04
      @Magdalina

@Bobby_V_Rockit
      @Drummerx04
      @Magdalina

You may just be seeing the weapon enchant on the staff. That can be replaced with any weapon enchant. Arguably the most popular enchant for dps is the weapon damage glyph. It adds something like 370 spell and weapon damage for 5 seconds while attacking with the staff or staff skills.

@Drummerx04

Thanks for the tip. I'm just now getting into enchanting a few rings and an amulet (that don't have enchants on them) with Weapon Damage glyphs. Never thought about changing existing enchants on a staff.

I still have a question about staff damage. NVM lol, answered my own question. I just don't understand whey they can't list the actual damage on the screen where all the info (health, magicka, stam, etc.) is listed. Guess it keeps the game code down to manageable levels.

Again, thanks for the the help, appreciate it.

15. Magdalina
      Magdalina
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      @Drummerx04
      @Magdalina

@Bobby_V_Rockit
      @Drummerx04
      @Magdalina

@Drummerx04

Thanks for the tip. I'm just now getting into enchanting a few rings and an amulet (that don't have enchants on them) with Weapon Damage glyphs. Never thought about changing existing enchants on a staff.

I still have a question about staff damage. NVM lol, answered my own question. I just don't understand whey they can't list the actual damage on the screen where all the info (health, magicka, stam, etc.) is listed. Guess it keeps the game code down to manageable levels.

You're a magicka user, right? Enchant jewelry with spell damage, weapon damage is useless to you.

Not sure what you mean by "actual damage". There is spell/weapon damage listed on your character sheet.
    16. O_LYKOS
      O_LYKOS
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      It's a public dungeon so there's always plenty of people running around doing the quest and bosses. Grouping with others in there is not a necessity. Helpful yes, but like you say, people wanna get in and get out.

You shouldn't have any trouble finishing the dungeon running with randoms.
      PC NA - GreggsSausageRoll
      Xbox NA - CinnamonRoll266
    17. Sixsixsix161
      Sixsixsix161
      ✭✭✭
      Magdalina wrote: »
      @Drummerx04
      @Magdalina

@Bobby_V_Rockit
      @Drummerx04
      @Magdalina

@Drummerx04

You're a magicka user, right? Enchant jewelry with spell damage, weapon damage is useless to you.

Not sure what you mean by "actual damage". There is spell/weapon damage listed on your character sheet.

@Drummerx04
      @Magdalina

What I meant by "actual" damage is that when you hit I (i), you see how much magicka, health, stamina you have, and how much spell and weapon damage you do. Well, that damage isn't really correct because when you increase your total amount of magicka, the damage increases on your tool tips, but not in that window. So, me thinking that my cp233 magsorc only did 1359 damage isn't correct since her actual damage is on the tool tips. I realize they don't want to get into showing the increases every time, but maybe someone could come up with a formula to take all the increases and then display a number, even if it's average, that shows your actual damage (especially with a lack of dummies that could display your damage while testing).

Also, your comment about enchanting jewelry with spell and/or weapon damage being useless. Why is that? As long as you don't run out of magicka during a fight, why not take those boosts?
    18. Magdalina
      Magdalina
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      @Drummerx04
      @Magdalina

@Bobby_V_Rockit
      @Drummerx04
      @Magdalina

@Drummerx04

@Drummerx04
      @Magdalina

What I meant by "actual" damage is that when you hit I (i), you see how much magicka, health, stamina you have, and how much spell and weapon damage you do. Well, that damage isn't really correct because when you increase your total amount of magicka, the damage increases on your tool tips, but not in that window. So, me thinking that my cp233 magsorc only did 1359 damage isn't correct since her actual damage is on the tool tips. I realize they don't want to get into showing the increases every time, but maybe someone could come up with a formula to take all the increases and then display a number, even if it's average, that shows your actual damage (especially with a lack of dummies that could display your damage while testing).

Also, your comment about enchanting jewelry with spell and/or weapon damage being useless. Why is that? As long as you don't run out of magicka during a fight, why not take those boosts?

What you have in mind is I guess what I'd call "effective" spellpower. It depends on your max magicka, spelldamage, sort of on spellcrit, on crit bonus(i.e. base cirit damage bonus is 50% but certain buffs increase it, such as Shadow mundus for example), spell penetration, set bonuses(i.e. some sets add X spelldamage only to a certain type of abilities which I'm not even sure how that gets reflected on tooltips) etc. Oh also racial bonuses and cp. It's a lot more complicated than just max magicka and spelldamage. I think there're proper calculations with all the long complicated formula somewhere on tamrielfoundry if you wanna see all the loooooooong formula.

To see actual damage, it's a lot simpler - just go and test on target dummy ;) Easiest way to see how effective something is.

Spelldamage enchants are great if you can sustain. Weapon damage enchants are 100% useless to you because none of the skills you should be using as magicka build scale with it.
    19. Sixsixsix161
      Sixsixsix161
      ✭✭✭
      @Drummerx04
      @Magdalina

@Bobby_V_Rockit
      @Drummerx04
      @Magdalina

@Drummerx04

@Drummerx04
      @Magdalina

What you have in mind is I guess what I'd call "effective" spellpower. It depends on your max magicka, spelldamage, sort of on spellcrit, on crit bonus(i.e. base cirit damage bonus is 50% but certain buffs increase it, such as Shadow mundus for example), spell penetration, set bonuses(i.e. some sets add X spelldamage only to a certain type of abilities which I'm not even sure how that gets reflected on tooltips) etc. Oh also racial bonuses and cp. It's a lot more complicated than just max magicka and spelldamage. I think there're proper calculations with all the long complicated formula somewhere on tamrielfoundry if you wanna see all the loooooooong formula.

To see actual damage, it's a lot simpler - just go and test on target dummy ;) Easiest way to see how effective something is.

Spelldamage enchants are great if you can sustain. Weapon damage enchants are 100% useless to you because none of the skills you should be using as magicka build scale with it.

@Magdalina

@Drummerx04

Sorry, I'm currently leveling a NB Bowazon, so I'm thinking about weapon damage instead of spell damage. And I'm using 3 pieces of spell damage on my magsorc. However, I'm discovering while leveling enchantment that she's not using the highest number, so I'll redo that in the near future.

Thanks all for your help, I've learned a lot of things I didn't know when I played the game first time around.

20. Nestor
      Nestor
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Honestly, I slow down and let them tag the mobs so they get credit, and will wait a reasonable amount of time at the boss for them to catch up so they can take it down with me. I was on the other side as a low level one time and I really appreciated it when a high level did not hoover up all the mobs. So, I return the favor now. Sometimes I will even group with them so they get a bit more exp.

Of course if they are farting around farming containers so that I have to wait 3 or 4 minutes, I take the boss out and go on my way.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
      Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"