The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How to Gear Out your Hybrid Build

JackDaniell
JackDaniell
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello everyone! I have put together a video on my favorite ways to effective gear out a hybrid build. This video goes over a few different hybrid build approaches with both medium and light armor hilighting Thier pros and cons. I hope you guys enjoy, feel free to ask questions!
Ebonheart Templar

www.youtube.com/user/kristofersommermusic
  • JackDaniell
    JackDaniell
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Video link is here, darn eso forums :wink:

https://youtu.be/qF3LaYfNTaU
    Edited by JackDaniell on June 9, 2017 9:22PM
    Ebonheart Templar

• Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've wanted to play a hybrid sorc again since early access of beta when I was dropping hot frags on top of crit rushes. I watched your video and tried to make some of this work in UESP's build editor and i'm just not finding the same stats you show. I tried entering a medium armor 5/1/1 dark elf stam sorc using shackle breaker, 4 piece imperial physique, with the 1 piece kena and using tri-stat food i'm sitting around 28k magicka and 28k magicka with 19k HP outside of cyrodiil. You had 40k magicka somehow and in my uesp build link I even used infused on all armor pieces just as a test. Here is a link to the build in case you were wondering http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=16955 .

So my question to you is, what am I doing wrong and also, do you have any suggestions for me for a sorc hybrid?? I'm kind of looking for a stam sorc that can have a big magicka pool to use double shields and if I already have a high magicka pool, I might as well try and take advantage of haunting curse + possibly frags. What do you think of this idea and would you build it any way in particular?
    Edited by Erock25 on June 14, 2017 4:48PM
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @erock25 there seems to be two toons in his video.

One I saw with 40k magicka was a warden wearing necro and breaker, Warden has that 8% max mag bonus ult (didn't check to see if it was being used) and potentially access to innerlight - seems like an easy way to get to 40k.

Betty helps with those Regen numbers too.

A sorc has Aegis to get up there.

Personally, on a hybrid, I can see Alchemist being a really good backup set.

I probably wouldn't mess too much with Pelinal.

I have a pic for stats, no Pelinal

2017-04-18-00-49-51_zps7xggglhc.png
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Waffennacht

I was watching the video on a poor connection so youtube was pretty blurry but I thought his necropotence variant had around 42k magicka and his shackle/imperial variant had around 39k magicka. I did not realize that these numbers may have also been including things such as inner light and warden magicka boosts so maybe that's it.

I feel alchemist is good with any type of build but just personally I don't enjoy the mechanic where at maximum uptime (using pots on cooldown) you only have your buff for 33% of the time. It's just not how I like to play in PVP.

I also don't like pelinal for my ideas of hybrid sorc because as the video highlighted, your max stat pool is what suffers and max stat pool is what you want for sorc hybrid for shields IMO.

Do you actually use any stamina abilities on that build you posted? 10k stam is low even for a non-hybrid.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Erock25 wrote: »
    @Waffennacht

I was watching the video on a poor connection so youtube was pretty blurry but I thought his necropotence variant had around 42k magicka and his shackle/imperial variant had around 39k magicka. I did not realize that these numbers may have also been including things such as inner light and warden magicka boosts so maybe that's it.

I feel alchemist is good with any type of build but just personally I don't enjoy the mechanic where at maximum uptime (using pots on cooldown) you only have your buff for 33% of the time. It's just not how I like to play in PVP.

I also don't like pelinal for my ideas of hybrid sorc because as the video highlighted, your max stat pool is what suffers and max stat pool is what you want for sorc hybrid for shields IMO.

Do you actually use any stamina abilities on that build you posted? 10k stam is low even for a non-hybrid.

I don't actually use that build. It's pure stats - mostly to see what is possible for DMG numbers

As for his video, I must have missed a bit. I clicked ahead a few times lol.

I definitely saw necro and a Betty and I would assume you'd use that 5th piece

My apologies I'm multitasking a
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • JackDaniell
    JackDaniell
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Erock25 wrote: »
    I've wanted to play a hybrid sorc again since early access of beta when I was dropping hot frags on top of crit rushes. I watched your video and tried to make some of this work in UESP's build editor and i'm just not finding the same stats you show. I tried entering a medium armor 5/1/1 dark elf stam sorc using shackle breaker, 4 piece imperial physique, with the 1 piece kena and using tri-stat food i'm sitting around 28k magicka and 28k magicka with 19k HP outside of cyrodiil. You had 40k magicka somehow and in my uesp build link I even used infused on all armor pieces just as a test. Here is a link to the build in case you were wondering http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=16955 .

So my question to you is, what am I doing wrong and also, do you have any suggestions for me for a sorc hybrid?? I'm kind of looking for a stam sorc that can have a big magicka pool to use double shields and if I already have a high magicka pool, I might as well try and take advantage of haunting curse + possibly frags. What do you think of this idea and would you build it any way in particular?

For the imperial physique build your max stats are about where they will be. If your a dark elf you should be able to get around 40k mag and about 20k Stam, on a sorc your mag will be a bit lower. Then you just focus on weapon damage enchants on your jewlry taking advantage of the way things stack in ESO (max mag for Magick damage and weapon damage for physical damage).

This setup allows you to have the magicka you need for strong shields while keeping your damage relatively balanced between magick and physical damage. The reason I had so much more max stat in one build iteration was because I was using shackle and necroprotance(staff swap only). This setup allows you to build allot of raw max mag stat with the use of a pet, Mae night you can invest Moore attributes to increase your max Stam as well.

Hope this helps!
    Ebonheart Templar

• Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tested werewolf on a hybrid build? A major weakness of WW is that the heal is magicka scaled while the rest of the abilities are stam.
    Although the sustain issues that WWs already have would just be worse with only 900 stam regen.