So...about Naryu Virian's promise back on the gold coast.

1mirg
1mirg
✭✭✭✭✭
After finishing her quest line in morrowind. I found out that there is nothing mentioned or any "something even better than a kiss" to be had, even after she promised us exactly that after our little adventure on the gold coast. Did she forget to give it to us? Or did the developers forget about this little tid-bit promise she made to us? or did I miss something?

Either way, I kinda feel disappointed about the fact that there was nothing. anyone else feel the same? or am I alone in this?
┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤ ⅽ[ː̠̈ː̠̈ː̠̈] ͌ ├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Her story isn't over, yet.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
    Options
  • 1mirg
    1mirg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigtric wrote: »
    You mean in the next expac? Because if your talking about the current one. I already went through her full story in vvardenfell thus far and this is the last thing she says to me. No mention about her promise nor any of that jazz. Just about how she feels about the events that just unfolded.
    dPp3oxE.jpg
    Yes, I sided with naryu's future on that quest.
    Options
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You ended up having to kill her girlfriend.. what do you expect?
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
    Options
  • 1mirg
    1mirg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darlgon wrote: »

Even if I didn't, it wouldn't have changed much. Since she would of had to flee from vvardenfell. Killing her apprentice was the only decision to make that would allow her to remain in vvardenfell and stay in the molag tong. I picked the best option for her.
    Edited by 1mirg on June 9, 2017 3:59PM
    Options
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1mirg wrote: »
    You mean in the next expac? Because if your talking about the current one. I already went through her full story in vvardenfell thus far and this is the last thing she says to me. No mention about her promise nor any of that jazz. Just about how she feels about the events that just unfolded.
    dPp3oxE.jpg

Right, there is more story for her in the future. It's not over yet

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
    Options
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably the cold shoulder feel (I felt the entire storyline with her felt like she had forgotten Gold Coast) was due to the fact that some people may not have purchased Gold Coast/DB, so they had to dance around that fact with vagueness.

It felt like she was the girl who gave you the cold shoulder the next day after the bar after she sobered up. Turns out she has a boyfriend she didn't mention to you.
    Options
  • 1mirg
    1mirg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know that there is more to her story in other xpacs. But what I'm disappointed about is the fact that the promise she made to us back on the gold coast was never mentioned or given. It's like the developers or naryu completely forgot about that like it never occurred. But it did. I just feel gypped after all this time waiting.
    Edited by 1mirg on June 9, 2017 4:08PM
    Options
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I know that there is more to her story in other xpacs. But what I'm disappointed about is the fact that the promise she made to us back on the gold coast was never mentioned or given. It's like the developers or naryu completely forgot about that like it never occurred. But it did. I just feel gypped after all this time waiting.

I sort of agree because her dialogue is different depending on if you are playing a character she has met or not, as is that of some other NPC 'regulars' throughout the game. Would assume it's based on checking certain flags in your character db - so no real reason they couldn't have done at least a one line payoff from that quest if you'd done it.
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
    Options
  • 1mirg
    1mirg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tavore1138 wrote: »
    I sort of agree because her dialogue is different depending on if you are playing a character she has met or not, as is that of some other NPC 'regulars' throughout the game. Would assume it's based on checking certain flags in your character db - so no real reason they couldn't have done at least a one line payoff from that quest if you'd done it.
    That's pretty much how I feel right now. My only question now is why didn't zos give us something?

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_CoriJ (I don't know who would be in-charge of quest design)
    Got any input as to why players who completed the gold coast were given the cold shoulder with naryu?

Edited by 1mirg on June 9, 2017 4:17PM
    Options
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to download an addon for that
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
    Options
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or she lied.

*ducks*
    Edited by Rouven on June 9, 2017 4:21PM
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
    Options
  • 1mirg
    1mirg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rouven wrote: »
    Or she lied.

*ducks*
    Even if she lied, we should still be given a option to talk about her promise at least. But we didn't.
    Options
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Heroes never get the girl. ESPECIALLY anti-heroes like us....
    Options
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tavore1138 wrote: »
    That's pretty much how I feel right now. My only question now is why didn't zos give us something?

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_CoriJ (I don't know who would be in-charge of quest design)
    Got any input as to why players who completed the gold coast were given the cold shoulder with naryu?

TBH I suspect it comes down to how many flags they can maintain on stuff we have completed before and how much money it costs to get extra lines of dialogue written, recorded, coded and so on just to give us a 5 second pay off. Not saying it wouldn't be great to see it, just can see why adding one of these for every similar situation would become very costly for them.
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
    Options
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    dPp3oxE.jpg

Remember there will be 3 DLCs before the next Xpac. Those 3 will probably focus around Morrowind. I'm guessing they will probably unlock a lot of those doors you wouldn't get in right now etc.
    Options
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Heroes never get the girl. ESPECIALLY anti-heroes like us....

Fo reals
    Options
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or she lied.

*ducks*
    Even if she lied, we should still be given a option to talk about her promise at least. But we didn't.

I am not sure if the game is seriously set up like this. You may or may not have done the "prior" quest. Are there - aside from being inside a quest chain - really any acknowledgements to previous optional content? You'd have to write optional text and have an internal flag of sorts.
    Options
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uh, she does? I mean, I picked the other option for DB, but she has dialogue related to the Gold Coast quest.
    She says something about the farseer, but I forget exactly what it was. I think it was like, she got contacted again and was told her fate isn't as they ordained now, but she didn't get it in a sweetroll so she's salty lol.

She also complimented me and my pretty little nose, and I complimented her back. She made a comment about someday, when this is all over, we'll snuggle by the fire in a cabin in the middle of nowhere... and she'll put a dagger between my ribs because it's what she does.[/spoilers]
    Options
  • 1mirg
    1mirg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not sure if the game is seriously set up like this. You may or may not have done the "prior" quest. Are there - aside from being inside a quest chain - really any acknowledgements to previous optional content? You'd have to write optional text and have an internal flag of sorts.
    When she first meets us, she mentions being surprised to see us here of all places. Then later down the line a cohorts of hers mentions how naryu as told them about their deeds together and such. So, yes.
    Options
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I understand, my point is that there is more for her to do in future content - I am guessing that promise doesn't quite fit in right now considering the outcome and the way she feels after the outcome of her Vvardenfell questline.

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
    Options
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After finishing her quest line in morrowind. I found out that there is nothing mentioned or any "something even better than a kiss" to be had, even after she promised us exactly that after our little adventure on the gold coast. Did she forget to give it to us? Or did the developers forget about this little tid-bit promise she made to us? or did I miss something?

Either way, I kinda feel disappointed about the fact that there was nothing. anyone else feel the same? or am I alone in this?

Man, there's a real epidemic of people not knowing what is and isn't a promise, huh?
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
    Options
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When she first meets us, she mentions being surprised to see us here of all places. Then later down the line a cohorts of hers mentions how naryu as told them about their deeds together and such. So, yes.

Most likely it's pretty vague though, correct? And yes - within the quest line there can definitely be mention of the previous deeds. But the cohort would have never specifically mentioned adventures somewhere else.

Where do you mean "when she first meets us" - in the tutorial?
    Options
  • 1mirg
    1mirg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand, my point is that there is more for her to do in future content - I am guessing that promise doesn't quite fit in right now considering the outcome and the way she feels after the outcome of her Vvardenfell questline.
    Yeah, I guess your right on that part. It wouldn't fit with the way she currently is right now. Grief stricken and all. But it kind of sucks that I have to wait for another xpac for that. It also sucks that I can't mention it in any dialogue with her now too.

Options
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I guess your right on that part. It wouldn't fit with the way she currently is right now. Grief stricken and all. But it kind of sucks that I have to wait for another xpac for that. It also sucks that I can't mention it in any dialogue with her now too.

What, exactly, do you think you're gonna get here, man? lol

I mean, despite her somewhat alluring dialogue (clearly intended to manipulate and motivate you), Naryu doesn't strike me as the touchy-feely type. She's obviously a sociopath, or pretty damned close.

"Even better than a kiss" could mean something very different to her than it does to you.
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Options
  • 1mirg
    1mirg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What, exactly, do you think you're gonna get here, man? lol.
    Honestly, I have no idea. I'm just to deep in the rabbit hole now to call it quits.
    Options
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Darlgon wrote: »

Even if I didn't, it wouldn't have changed much. Since she would of had to flee from vvardenfell. Killing her apprentice was the only decision to make that would allow her to remain in vvardenfell and stay in the molag tong. I picked the best option for her.
    She would've actually been alright. What Morag Tong doesn't get to know won't hurt them(or her) ;) I chose the other outcome and didn't regret it but I've never done DB questline, mind you. That way you get some nice additional dialogue with both her and Veya though.
    I can upload a screenshot if you like, don't think she says anything too important there but it's nice.
    Options
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I mean, despite her somewhat alluring dialogue (clearly intended to manipulate and motivate you), Naryu doesn't strike me as the touchy-feely type. She's obviously a sociopath, or pretty damned close.

"Even better than a kiss" could mean something very different to her than it does to you.

Very true, it's hard to say with her, but all things considered, my guess is she is alluding to a romp and nothing bad for your character.

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
    Options
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just come to your own personal conclusions, then move on for now. Having lose ends and cliff hangers are fun. The speculation is the best part.
    Options
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Very true, it's hard to say with her, but all things considered, my guess is she is alluding to a romp and nothing bad for your character.

Or she's not alluding to anything, rather, she's just teasing you and stringing you along. She's a career killer for hire, her entire life is intrigue and deception. What makes you believe that anything that comes out of her mouth is sincere?
    Options
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    (...)
    What makes you believe that anything that comes out of her mouth is sincere?

She simply is that good! :D
    Options