The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Continuation of the "main" storyline

RandomForumUser12
Hi, it's been a couple years now and I was wondering - has there been any word if there will be any continuation of the main storyline? You know, with Cadwell etc

Or will storylines continue to be by zones?
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably by zone ?
  • TheRimOfTheSky
    TheRimOfTheSky
    ✭✭✭✭
    They're dropping hints about a "Daedric War" here and there. Here's a list:
    • Molag Bal mentions a bigger threat than him after you defeat him
    • Varen talks to you at the end of the Orsinium questline about the war, which will begin when the Clockwork City is opened
    • The Missing Prophecy quest goes into this a lot, with Daedra abducting Azura's priests and Azura telling you some Princes are working against her
    • The Morrowind/Vvardenfell questline involves Clavicus Vile opening the Clockwork City and trying to absorb Vivec's power

Nothing officially after (besides Cadwell's Silver), but there might be. I'm guessing a zone in Nibenay involving the events after you finish the main quest.
  • drakhan2002_ESO
    drakhan2002_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A zone within Nibenay...so we can track down Tharn? That would be interesting...
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clockwork City is due out in Q4 this year, so that's the best tease we've had so far of any potential continuation.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Clockwork City is due out in Q4 this year, so that's the best tease we've had so far of any potential continuation.

Yeah, was just gonna say they announced a Clockwork City DLC yesterday.
    So hopefully we'll get some answers soonish.
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
  • daniel.13b16_ESO
    daniel.13b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. Ususally MMOs have an overarching zone quest and a main quest line which is either directly continued or gets a sequel of sorts. ESO took the easy way with giving us guilds and their stories. I was really hoping Morrowind would finally give us not just a zone arc but also a new chapter of the main story. I liked that ESO's story not only mentioned the war with the other factions but also the Molag Bal story. Questing without a main overarching story connecting every aspect of the game feels like a procedural TV show. Makes people also not buy certain expansions because they don't need it.