The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Ryzen gaming pc / low fps / fps drops

JinShepard01
JinShepard01
✭✭✭
Greetings, I own a freshly build gaming rig and started playing ESO. From the start without any addons i noticed that the fps is not only very high in a lot of areas, it also loves to just plummet for 1-2 seconds to ''load''(?) something and then when you sprint a few yards further it does it again. I've tried editing my ini file, changing all kinds of settings and so far the only thing that increases my fps is lowering the range of rending the world. However this does not stop the load fps issues.

When I say fps issues I mean it goes below 60 fps. Vivics city in Morrowind dips below 40 more then it stays up at 60 (outdoors ofc). Now I know Ryzen isnt the best cpu to have when it comes to single core performance or MMOs in general but this is a bit too disappointing, and the stutters are the worst immersive breaking issue I have. Perhaps the platform and the game engine doesn't like eachother yet.

Specs;

CPU: Ryzen 1700X @ 3950 mhz, NZXT Kraken 64X watercooler
RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200 Mhz @ 2700 Mhz
GFX: Palit GeForce GTX 1080 GameRock Edition 8GB
MBB: Asus Crosshair VI Hero
SSD: Samsung 960 EVO NVME (Windows)
SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB (Games) (ESO installation location)
SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 1 TB (Storage)
PSU: Corsair HXi 750 Watt

1440p
Why do people complain?
''Because players want to provide feedback and help shape a product they still see as having the potential to be great.''
  • bennysbeastb16_ESO2
    Tidy build, and 2bh shouldnt be having issues,
    only thing i would have questioned is psu,
    your gfx card has recomended of 500w, which under full load would give you 250w of spare usage - but after looking at your power supply performance chart, under 100% load you actually getting 91% effeciency,
    http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/hxi-series-hx750i-high-performance-atx-power-supply-750-watt-80-plus-platinum-certified-psu
    scroll to the bottom graph. So with that in mind - if we were to take 10% out , your PSU would be aiming at around 650 W max under full load..
    Now looking at all those other componenets, cpu, mobo, 3 hds, dvd drives etc, all those items take power, which would probably be pushing you up to the border line of when the power supply starts to draw more power for gfx , if they power isnt there to give, the card will throttle and reduce performance..
    Ive always believed when building pcs - to always go a bit OTT with psu, so uve always got that extra their, and then your never putting the psu under any stress.

Try disconnecting a few things for testing - e.g. anythign that isnt neccessary to load the game up to test - (free up some power and see),

gl
    Edited by bennysbeastb16_ESO2 on June 8, 2017 8:28AM
    *** Intel Core i9-7940x ***
    *** MSI Ventus 2080TI ***
    *** 32 GB DDR4 2400Mhz ***
    *** Creative Zxr Soundcard ***
    ***2TB M2 nvme SSD ***
    *** Corsair 1200W PSU***
    *** Windows 10 x64 ***
  • JinShepard01
    JinShepard01
    ✭✭✭
    Hey thanks for the reply, this is of Palits own official site Graphics Card Power 200 W
    Minimum Recommended System Power 500 W, Power wise iam well in the green zone. When calculating my rig most likely power requirement I get around 450, 500 recommended so that is 160 watts of room.

Made a vid showing a massive 40 fps drop randomly, starts fine and then you see a total of 3 dips. Yes I have addons on but that was because it made no difference ( i didnt have addons when I started playing again )

https://youtu.be/MgoD8Mmi5Pg
    Why do people complain?
    ''Because players want to provide feedback and help shape a product they still see as having the potential to be great.''
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey thanks for the reply, this is of Palits own official site Graphics Card Power 200 W
    Minimum Recommended System Power 500 W, Power wise iam well in the green zone. When calculating my rig most likely power requirement I get around 450, 500 recommended so that is 160 watts of room.

Made a vid showing a massive 40 fps drop randomly, starts fine and then you see a total of 3 dips. Yes I have addons on but that was because it made no difference ( i didnt have addons when I started playing again )

https://youtu.be/MgoD8Mmi5Pg

Honestly I don't think it's your system. I have been noticing these quick stutters since the release of Morrowind. My system is Intel/Nvidia based right now.[
    Edited by danno8 on June 8, 2017 11:19PM
  • bennysbeastb16_ESO2
    your fps 90 -132 it looked to me that it stuttered when the other person near you came within camara angle, which can always be small issue online games, your computer has respond to live action, e.g its gotta receive it from server and process it, but seriously if your not running g-sync monitor (@ 144hz but your fps are hitting that anyway so....)why dony you just limit your fps to 60 or turn on Vsync (if your refresh rate is 60), and watch it probably hold the 60fps the the whole game time,
    Im sort of person that doesnt believe you dont need those sort of fps (unless your running games in 3d), your gfx card should hold a solid 60 fps in all games at 1080 and 1440, so try it and see what happens, if you hold 60fps Solid you dont see a frame stutter. Frame stutter is commonly know when your fps jump up and down, limit the fps to below the margin of stutter and.. ;D (far cry 4 was the worst on release for fps stuttering)
    On other side off limiting fps down, their is always power spare for your gfx card to boost performance up if at any point it did dip below 60.

**update** all over nvidia forums people stating the windows 10 creator update is causing stuttering in most games.. - ive not installed that, so cant comment, but if you have that may also be contributing to your problem
    Edited by bennysbeastb16_ESO2 on June 9, 2017 9:48AM
    ***2TB M2 nvme SSD ***
    *** Corsair 1200W PSU***
    *** Windows 10 x64 ***
  • elderianmage
    elderianmage
    ✭✭
    Greetings, I own a freshly build gaming rig and started playing ESO. From the start without any addons i noticed that the fps is not only very high in a lot of areas, it also loves to just plummet for 1-2 seconds to ''load''(?) something and then when you sprint a few yards further it does it again. I've tried editing my ini file, changing all kinds of settings and so far the only thing that increases my fps is lowering the range of rending the world. However this does not stop the load fps issues.

When I say fps issues I mean it goes below 60 fps. Vivics city in Morrowind dips below 40 more then it stays up at 60 (outdoors ofc). Now I know Ryzen isnt the best cpu to have when it comes to single core performance or MMOs in general but this is a bit too disappointing, and the stutters are the worst immersive breaking issue I have. Perhaps the platform and the game engine doesn't like eachother yet.

Specs;

1440p

You should have 2 to 2.5x more FPS with your PC.
  • JinShepard01
    JinShepard01
    ✭✭✭

Specs;

1440p

You should have 2 to 2.5x more FPS with your PC.

Well here you see my fps during a small city, not even remotely busy imo.

https://youtu.be/_9_mKqpBtuE

Also it seems the higher fps the more severe the fps hit, when i capped it on 60 fps it was less, however the dips to 40 fps or less still is persistence, and quite frankly very annoying because it happens a LOT.
    Why do people complain?
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I see your chip is running at 3.9Ghz, the stock clock for that chip is 3.4 ghz and I would start by backing it off to its default clocks. 3.9-4ghz OC are VERY hard to achieve on Ryzens, many folks are reporting needing 1.416+ Vcore just to get Windows to boot with those clock speeds, and many are claiming having problems wiht instability....

CPU instability comes in many different forms...some unstable chips will boot Windows fine but stutter in games, others will pass 3 days of Prime95, yet crash opening Microsoft Word, some won't boot Windows at all, some unstable chips will have core failures that are not enough to cause Windows to crash but will cause performance issues, yet these core crashes may not show up on stability testing programs.

As someone who has over 12 years experience with OC chips, i'd suggest either dialing back that overclock or upping the CPU voltage (I wouldn't go past 1.4V if it was me on a Ryzen) and see if symptoms go away.

Sadly, when it comes to OC CPU, your playing the silicon lottery. Some chips no matter how good your cooling is simply won't OC worth a darn.

Take the chip to stock settings, Go into the BIOS and turn off Turbo Core and try playing ESO and see what happens.

Also, some Ryzen chips were having issues that were resolved with a BIOS update a few weeks ago, that may be worth a shot as well.

Good luck
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Ahmbor
    Ahmbor
    ✭✭✭
    @JinShepard01 You RAM clock is too high for a ryzen system

I'm running ESO in 4k, with .ini tweaks for max textures, and got stable 60fps in Vivec.

My rig:
    i5 4570 3,6GHz
    8 GB Ram 1600 MHz
    Palit GTX 1070 Gamrock (Samsung VRAM)
    HDD :neutral:
    Edited by Ahmbor on June 11, 2017 1:49PM
  • JinShepard01
    JinShepard01
    ✭✭✭
    I see your chip is running at 3.9Ghz, the stock clock for that chip is 3.4 ghz and I would start by backing it off to its default clocks. 3.9-4ghz OC are VERY hard to achieve on Ryzens, many folks are reporting needing 1.416+ Vcore just to get Windows to boot with those clock speeds, and many are claiming having problems wiht instability....

CPU instability comes in many different forms...some unstable chips will boot Windows fine but stutter in games, others will pass 3 days of Prime95, yet crash opening Microsoft Word, some won't boot Windows at all, some unstable chips will have core failures that are not enough to cause Windows to crash but will cause performance issues, yet these core crashes may not show up on stability testing programs.

As someone who has over 12 years experience with OC chips, i'd suggest either dialing back that overclock or upping the CPU voltage (I wouldn't go past 1.4V if it was me on a Ryzen) and see if symptoms go away.

Sadly, when it comes to OC CPU, your playing the silicon lottery. Some chips no matter how good your cooling is simply won't OC worth a darn.

Take the chip to stock settings, Go into the BIOS and turn off Turbo Core and try playing ESO and see what happens.

Also, some Ryzen chips were having issues that were resolved with a BIOS update a few weeks ago, that may be worth a shot as well.

Good luck

Sadly that doesnt make a difference, apart from a bit lower fps even due to the game not using many cores at all, you want to h ave a high base clock to get the max out of it. I saw a dude with a 7700k playing and the drops on his pc are exactly the same as mine, same area too, to the low 40's. My system is very stable for a Ryzen OC, I won the lottery a bit on it hehe.

As for ram, 2666 is the official supported speed but you can go a lot higher with OC and you gain a lot from it, but mine isnt a samsung die, so 2933 is my max I can get stable.

Trust me when I say I spend a lot of time fine tuning my OC, including instability at the start ( 30xx mhz ram was instable).

From looking at other rigs, vids mostly (because you can say I got 60 fps!!! but without a vid..) it is more a optimisation issue.
    Why do people complain?
  • Dedimos
    Dedimos
    ✭✭✭
    Ahmbor wrote: »

I'm running ESO in 4k, with .ini tweaks for max textures, and got stable 60fps in Vivec.

My rig:
    i5 4570 3,6GHz
    8 GB Ram 1600 MHz

Can you share your .ini setup?
  • Atreyix
    Atreyix
    ✭✭✭

Specs;

1440p

Sadly this game runs off of 1 core mainly, and even then the game is stupidly unoptimized. I have a 6700k clocked at 4.8ghz and a 1080 ti. In vivec city I'm at 55-60fps at 1440p at max settings.
    As to your loading problem, I'd try to disable CPU parking first and see if that fixes it.(If it works with Ryzen)
    http://www.coderbag.com/programming-c/disable-cpu-core-parking-utility

If you have any other games to test with that would be your supreme answer to if it was eso or your hardware.
    your gfx card has recomended of 500w, which under full load would give you 250w of spare usage - but after looking at your power supply performance chart, under 100% load you actually getting 91% effeciency,
    http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/hxi-series-hx750i-high-performance-atx-power-supply-750-watt-80-plus-platinum-certified-psu
    scroll to the bottom graph. So with that in mind - if we were to take 10% out , your PSU would be aiming at around 650 W max under full load..
    Now looking at all those other componenets, cpu, mobo, 3 hds, dvd drives etc, all those items take power, which would probably be pushing you up to the border line of when the power supply starts to draw more power for gfx , if they power isnt there to give, the card will throttle and reduce performance..
    Ive always believed when building pcs - to always go a bit OTT with psu, so uve always got that extra their, and then your never putting the psu under any stress.

Try disconnecting a few things for testing - e.g. anythign that isnt neccessary to load the game up to test - (free up some power and see),

gl

The recommended wattage from the GPU maker is a very very very high safeguard, he has PLENTY of power with 750w.
    http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1080-review,8.html
    Shows that he'd be fine even with a 600w psu at max load.

I have a i7 6700k @ 4.8ghz, a 1080 Ti, 3 SSDs(1 NVMe), 32gb of RAM OC'd at 3200mhz and 5 fans.. I'm only pulling about 350watts in eso. BF1 I jump up to 450-500watts. I have a HXI 850w.
    Edited by Atreyix on June 12, 2017 12:49AM
  • Ahmbor
    Ahmbor
    ✭✭✭
    Dedimos wrote: »

My rig:
    i5 4570 3,6GHz
    8 GB Ram 1600 MHz

Here it is, just copy/paste

SET GamepadPreferredEnabled "0"
    SET MouseRawInput "1"
    SET MouseSensitivityFirstPerson "0.50000000"
    SET MouseSensitivityThirdPerson "1.00000000"
    SET MouseSmoothing "0"
    SET InvertMouseWheel "1"
    SET InvertMouseY "1"
    SET InvertMouseX "1"
    SET HDR_BRIGHTNESS "0.50000000"
    SET DistantFoliageEnabled "1"
    SET PFX_SUPPRESS_DISTANCE_v2 "100.00000000"
    SET PFX_GLOBAL_MAXIMUM "2048"
    SET MULTI_GPU_CHECK "0"
    SET CachedRLREnabled "1"
    SET CachedReflectionResolution "6"
    SET CachedShadowFiltering "5"
    SET ScreenshotFormat.2 "PNG"
    SET PregameScreenAdjustEnabled "0"
    SET PregameGammaCheckEnabled "0"
    SET HardwareCheckEnabled.3 "0"
    SET SUB_SAMPLING "2"
    SET REFLECTION_QUALITY_v3 "3"
    SET PARTICLE_DENSITY "3"
    SET HIGH_RESOLUTION_SHADOWS "0"
    SET SHADOWS "4"
    SET GAMMA_ADJUSTMENT "100"
    SET VIEW_DISTANCE "2.00000000"
    SET GPUSmoothingFrames "0"
    SET MIP_LOAD_SKIP_LEVELS "-3"
    SET RAIN_WETNESS "1"
    SET LENS_FLARE "1"
    SET GOD_RAYS_v2 "1"
    SET ANTI_ALIASING_v2 "0"
    SET AMBIENT_OCCLUSION "1"
    SET COLOR_GRADING_v1 "0"
    SET BLOOM "1"
    SET DEPTH_OF_FIELD "1"
    SET TONE_MAPPING "1"
    SET COLOR_CORRECTION "1"
    SET SOFT_ALPHA "1"
    SET DISTORTION "1"
    SET CHARACTER_LIGHTING "1"
    SET DIFFUSE_2_MAPS "1"
    SET DETAIL_MAPS "1"
    SET NORMAL_MAPS "1"
    SET SPECULAR_MAPS "1"
    SET CLUTTER_2D "1"
    SET SIMPLE_SHADERS "0"
    SET WATER_FOAM "1"
    SET VSYNC_INTERVAL "1"
    SET VSYNC "1"
    SET MAX_ANISOTROPY "3"
    SET PreferMaximizedWindow "0"
    SET PreferExclusiveFullscreen "0"
    SET FULLSCREEN_v5 "2"
    SET FullscreenHeight "2160"
    SET FullscreenWidth "3840"
    SET WindowedHeight "768"
    SET WindowedWidth "1024"
    SET HighestChapterOpeningCinematicSeen "1"
    SET ChapterUpgradeSeenVersion "-1"
    SET HousingEditorSurfaceDragEnabled "1"
    SET CONSOLE_ENHANCED_RENDER_QUALITY "0"
    SET ShowPetsAtCharacterSelect.2 "1"
    SET TrialAccountType3SeenVersion "0"
    SET TrialAccountType2SeenVersion "0"
    SET TrialAccountType1SeenVersion "0"
    SET ScrollingCombatTextIncomingPetDoTEnabled "0"
    SET ScrollingCombatTextIncomingPetDamageEnabled "0"
    SET ScrollingCombatTextIncomingPointGainsEnabled "1"
    SET ScrollingCombatTextIncomingStatusEffectsEnabled "1"
    SET ScrollingCombatTextIncomingHoTEnabled "1"
    SET ScrollingCombatTextIncomingHealingEnabled "1"
    SET ScrollingCombatTextIncomingDoTEnabled "1"
    SET ScrollingCombatTextIncomingDamageEnabled "1"
    SET ScrollingCombatTextIncomingEnabled "1"
    SET ScrollingCombatTextOutgoingPetHoTEnabled "0"
    SET ScrollingCombatTextOutgoingPetHealingEnabled "0"
    SET ScrollingCombatTextOutgoingPetDoTEnabled "0"
    SET ScrollingCombatTextOutgoingPetDamageEnabled "0"
    SET ScrollingCombatTextOutgoingStatusEffectsEnabled "1"
    SET ScrollingCombatTextOutgoingHoTEnabled "1"
    SET ScrollingCombatTextOutgoingHealingEnabled "1"
    SET ScrollingCombatTextOutgoingDoTEnabled "1"
    SET ScrollingCombatTextOutgoingDamageEnabled "1"
    SET ScrollingCombatTextOutgoingEnabled "1"
    SET ScrollingCombatTextEnabled "0"
    SET SiegeCameraChoice "0"
    SET IsServerSelected "1"
    SET SelectedServer "0"
    SET OverscanHeightAdjustment "0"
    SET OverscanWidthAdjustment "0"
    SET OverscanYOffset "0"
    SET OverscanXOffset "0"
    SET CharacterSelectForceAllCharacterPreloads "0"
    SET PlayerStandInsMaxPerFrame "8"
    SET PlayerStandInsEnabled.2 "1"
    SET FOVChangesAllowed "1"
    SET AgreedToPEGI "1"
    SET FootInverseKineticsEnabled.2 "0"
    SET GamepadSensitivityFirstPerson.2 "0.72000003"
    SET GamepadSensitivityThirdPerson.2 "0.85000002"
    SET GamepadInvertX "0"
    SET GamepadInvertY "0"
    SET GamepadVibrationEnabled "1"
    SET SOUND_ENABLED "1"
    SET FOOTSTEPS_VOLUME "50.00000000"
    SET FOOTSTEPS_ENABLED "1"
    SET SPEAKER_SETUP "0"
    SET VOICE_CHAT_VOLUME "65.00000000"
    SET BACKGROUND_AUDIO "0"
    SET VO_VOLUME "70.00000000"
    SET VO_ENABLED "1"
    SET UI_VOLUME "70.00000000"
    SET UI_ENABLED "1"
    SET AMBIENT_VOLUME "70.00000000"
    SET AMBIENT_ENABLED "1"
    SET SFX_VOLUME "70.00000000"
    SET SFX_ENABLED "1"
    SET MUSIC_VOLUME "70.00000000"
    SET MUSIC_ENABLED "1"
    SET AUDIO_VOLUME "100.00000000"
    SET AUDIO_ENABLED "1"
    SET TooltipFilter "-1"
    SET TooltipNumOptions "2"
    SET Language.2 "de"
    SET GraphicsDriver.7 "D3D11"
    SET PatchDataPath "game:/GameData/"
    SET CacheDataPath "machine:/Cache/"
    SET ViewedAddOnEULAVersion "-1"
    SET AcceptedAddOnEULAVersion "-1"
    SET AcceptedNDAVersion "-1"
    SET AcceptedCodeOfConductVersion "1"
    SET AcceptedPrivacyPolicyVersion "3"
    SET AcceptedTOSVersion "2"
    SET AcceptedEULAVersion "3"
    SET DirectionalDamageIndictorVisibleInThirdPerson "0"
    SET CameraFramingTransitionEnabled "1"
    SET SkipPregameVideos "1"
    SET HasPlayedPregameVideo "1"
    SET AssassinationKillCamera "1"
    SET MinFrameTime.2 "0.01000000"
    SET ParticlesEnabled "1"
    SET MaxCoresToUse "6"
    SET RequestedNumJobThreads "-1"
    SET RequestedNumWorkerThreads "-1"
    SET FreeUnusedGrannyFileSections.2 "0"
    SET IsTrustedMachine "1"
    SET RememberAccountName "1"
    SET AccountName "YOUR USERNAME"
    SET LastPlatform "Live-EU"
    SET LastRealm "EU Megaserver"
    SET CustomUIScale "1.00000000"
    SET UseCustomUIScale.2 "0"
    SET RollDodgeDoubleTapEnabled "1"
    SET RollDodgeDoubleTapTimeWindow.2 "185"
    SET ClampGroundTargetEnabled "1"
    SET MonsterTellsEnabled "1"
    SET CameraZoomDistancesSynced "1"
    SET SiegeCameraZoomDistance "6.00000000"
    SET WeaponsOutCameraZoomDistance "5.50000000"
    SET WeaponsSheathedCameraZoomDistance "5.50000000"
    SET MaxNetworkWriteBuffer "10485760"
    SET MaxNetworkReadBuffer "10485760"
    Edited by Ahmbor on June 12, 2017 8:25AM
  • JinShepard01
    JinShepard01
    ✭✭✭

My rig:
    i5 4570 3,6GHz
    8 GB Ram 1600 MHz

SET GamepadPreferredEnabled "0"
    SET MouseRawInput "1"
    SET MouseSensitivityFirstPerson "0.50000000"
    SET MouseSensitivityThirdPerson "1.00000000"
    SET MouseSmoothing "0"
    SET InvertMouseWheel "1"
    SET InvertMouseY "1"
    SET InvertMouseX "1"
    SET HDR_BRIGHTNESS "0.50000000"
    SET DistantFoliageEnabled "1"
    SET PFX_SUPPRESS_DISTANCE_v2 "100.00000000"
    SET PFX_GLOBAL_MAXIMUM "2048"
    SET MULTI_GPU_CHECK "0"
    SET CachedRLREnabled "1"
    SET CachedReflectionResolution "6"
    SET CachedShadowFiltering "5"
    SET ScreenshotFormat.2 "PNG"
    SET PregameScreenAdjustEnabled "0"
    SET PregameGammaCheckEnabled "0"
    SET HardwareCheckEnabled.3 "0"
    SET SUB_SAMPLING "2"
    SET REFLECTION_QUALITY_v3 "3"
    SET PARTICLE_DENSITY "3"
    SET SHADOWS "4"
    SET GAMMA_ADJUSTMENT "100"
    SET VIEW_DISTANCE "2.00000000"
    SET GPUSmoothingFrames "0"
    SET MIP_LOAD_SKIP_LEVELS "-3"
    SET RAIN_WETNESS "1"
    SET LENS_FLARE "1"
    SET GOD_RAYS_v2 "1"
    SET ANTI_ALIASING_v2 "0"
    SET AMBIENT_OCCLUSION "1"
    SET COLOR_GRADING_v1 "0"
    SET BLOOM "1"
    SET DEPTH_OF_FIELD "1"
    SET TONE_MAPPING "1"
    SET COLOR_CORRECTION "1"
    SET SOFT_ALPHA "1"
    SET DISTORTION "1"
    SET CHARACTER_LIGHTING "1"
    SET DIFFUSE_2_MAPS "1"
    SET DETAIL_MAPS "1"
    SET NORMAL_MAPS "1"
    SET SPECULAR_MAPS "1"
    SET CLUTTER_2D "1"
    SET SIMPLE_SHADERS "0"
    SET WATER_FOAM "1"
    SET VSYNC_INTERVAL "1"
    SET VSYNC "1"
    SET MAX_ANISOTROPY "3"
    SET PreferMaximizedWindow "0"
    SET PreferExclusiveFullscreen "0"
    SET FULLSCREEN_v5 "2"
    SET FullscreenHeight "2160"
    SET FullscreenWidth "3840"
    SET WindowedHeight "768"
    SET WindowedWidth "1024"
    SET HighestChapterOpeningCinematicSeen "1"
    SET ChapterUpgradeSeenVersion "-1"
    SET HousingEditorSurfaceDragEnabled "1"
    SET CONSOLE_ENHANCED_RENDER_QUALITY "0"
    SET ShowPetsAtCharacterSelect.2 "1"
    SET TrialAccountType3SeenVersion "0"
    SET TrialAccountType2SeenVersion "0"
    SET TrialAccountType1SeenVersion "0"
    SET ScrollingCombatTextIncomingPetDoTEnabled "0"
    SET ScrollingCombatTextIncomingPetDamageEnabled "0"
    SET ScrollingCombatTextIncomingPointGainsEnabled "1"
    SET ScrollingCombatTextIncomingStatusEffectsEnabled "1"
    SET ScrollingCombatTextIncomingHoTEnabled "1"
    SET ScrollingCombatTextIncomingHealingEnabled "1"
    SET ScrollingCombatTextIncomingDoTEnabled "1"
    SET ScrollingCombatTextIncomingDamageEnabled "1"
    SET ScrollingCombatTextIncomingEnabled "1"
    SET ScrollingCombatTextOutgoingPetHoTEnabled "0"
    SET ScrollingCombatTextOutgoingPetHealingEnabled "0"
    SET ScrollingCombatTextOutgoingPetDoTEnabled "0"
    SET ScrollingCombatTextOutgoingPetDamageEnabled "0"
    SET ScrollingCombatTextOutgoingStatusEffectsEnabled "1"
    SET ScrollingCombatTextOutgoingHoTEnabled "1"
    SET ScrollingCombatTextOutgoingHealingEnabled "1"
    SET ScrollingCombatTextOutgoingDoTEnabled "1"
    SET ScrollingCombatTextOutgoingDamageEnabled "1"
    SET ScrollingCombatTextOutgoingEnabled "1"
    SET ScrollingCombatTextEnabled "0"
    SET SiegeCameraChoice "0"
    SET IsServerSelected "1"
    SET SelectedServer "0"
    SET OverscanHeightAdjustment "0"
    SET OverscanWidthAdjustment "0"
    SET OverscanYOffset "0"
    SET OverscanXOffset "0"
    SET CharacterSelectForceAllCharacterPreloads "0"
    SET PlayerStandInsMaxPerFrame "8"
    SET PlayerStandInsEnabled.2 "1"
    SET FOVChangesAllowed "1"
    SET AgreedToPEGI "1"
    SET FootInverseKineticsEnabled.2 "0"
    SET GamepadSensitivityFirstPerson.2 "0.72000003"
    SET GamepadSensitivityThirdPerson.2 "0.85000002"
    SET GamepadInvertX "0"
    SET GamepadInvertY "0"
    SET GamepadVibrationEnabled "1"
    SET SOUND_ENABLED "1"
    SET FOOTSTEPS_VOLUME "50.00000000"
    SET FOOTSTEPS_ENABLED "1"
    SET SPEAKER_SETUP "0"
    SET VOICE_CHAT_VOLUME "65.00000000"
    SET BACKGROUND_AUDIO "0"
    SET VO_VOLUME "70.00000000"
    SET VO_ENABLED "1"
    SET UI_VOLUME "70.00000000"
    SET UI_ENABLED "1"
    SET AMBIENT_VOLUME "70.00000000"
    SET AMBIENT_ENABLED "1"
    SET SFX_VOLUME "70.00000000"
    SET SFX_ENABLED "1"
    SET MUSIC_VOLUME "70.00000000"
    SET MUSIC_ENABLED "1"
    SET AUDIO_VOLUME "100.00000000"
    SET AUDIO_ENABLED "1"
    SET TooltipFilter "-1"
    SET TooltipNumOptions "2"
    SET Language.2 "de"
    SET GraphicsDriver.7 "D3D11"
    SET PatchDataPath "game:/GameData/"
    SET CacheDataPath "machine:/Cache/"
    SET ViewedAddOnEULAVersion "-1"
    SET AcceptedAddOnEULAVersion "-1"
    SET AcceptedNDAVersion "-1"
    SET AcceptedCodeOfConductVersion "1"
    SET AcceptedPrivacyPolicyVersion "3"
    SET AcceptedTOSVersion "2"
    SET AcceptedEULAVersion "3"
    SET DirectionalDamageIndictorVisibleInThirdPerson "0"
    SET CameraFramingTransitionEnabled "1"
    SET SkipPregameVideos "1"
    SET HasPlayedPregameVideo "1"
    SET AssassinationKillCamera "1"
    SET MinFrameTime.2 "0.01000000"
    SET ParticlesEnabled "1"
    SET MaxCoresToUse "6"
    SET RequestedNumJobThreads "-1"
    SET RequestedNumWorkerThreads "-1"
    SET FreeUnusedGrannyFileSections.2 "0"
    SET IsTrustedMachine "1"
    SET RememberAccountName "1"
    SET AccountName "YOUR USERNAME"
    SET LastPlatform "Live-EU"
    SET LastRealm "EU Megaserver"
    SET CustomUIScale "1.00000000"
    SET UseCustomUIScale.2 "0"
    SET RollDodgeDoubleTapEnabled "1"
    SET RollDodgeDoubleTapTimeWindow.2 "185"
    SET ClampGroundTargetEnabled "1"
    SET MonsterTellsEnabled "1"
    SET CameraZoomDistancesSynced "1"
    SET SiegeCameraZoomDistance "6.00000000"
    SET WeaponsOutCameraZoomDistance "5.50000000"
    SET WeaponsSheathedCameraZoomDistance "5.50000000"
    SET MaxNetworkWriteBuffer "10485760"
    SET MaxNetworkReadBuffer "10485760"

Using your settings gave me even less fps (still played @ 1440p res)

https://youtu.be/39MEWvindDo

Imo it is ESO's poor optimisation and Ryzen not being that well supported yet and not that strong single/dual core application wise.
    Why do people complain?
  • luceri84b14_ESO
    Sounds like a throttling issue of some sort. First, I'd go into your NVidia settings and create a custom profile for ESO and change the power management mode to Max Performance.

1. Right click desktop -- "NVidia Control Panel"
    2. "Manage 3D Settings"
    3. "Program Settings"
    4. "eso.exe"
    5. Power Management Mode - "Prefer Maximum Performance"

Second, if the above does not resolve your issue, back off the CPU overclock and see if it helps.

Third, update mobo bios-- you're running some new hardware there. That aside, how do you enjoy the Ryzen so far? Has the new tech glow worn off at all or are you happy with it?
  • Ahmbor
    Ahmbor
    ✭✭✭

My rig:
    i5 4570 3,6GHz
    8 GB Ram 1600 MHz

BIG *** LONG SETTING LIST

Using your settings gave me even less fps (still played @ 1440p res)

https://youtu.be/39MEWvindDo

Imo it is ESO's poor optimisation and Ryzen not being that well supported yet and not that strong single/dual core application wise.

That is strange. The ESO engine is build for max 6 cores. Your rig is stronger than mine.
    How can i get 4k/60fps with my setting and you not?!
  • jasann
    jasann
    ✭✭✭
    How do you get "supreme" texture quality option? Is that an add-on?

Edit: scrap that found it was votans advanced settings =) brilliant add on
    Edited by jasann on June 13, 2017 11:55AM
  • JinShepard01
    JinShepard01
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like a throttling issue of some sort. First, I'd go into your NVidia settings and create a custom profile for ESO and change the power management mode to Max Performance.

1. Right click desktop -- "NVidia Control Panel"
    2. "Manage 3D Settings"
    3. "Program Settings"
    4. "eso.exe"
    5. Power Management Mode - "Prefer Maximum Performance"

Second, if the above does not resolve your issue, back off the CPU overclock and see if it helps.

Third, update mobo bios-- you're running some new hardware there. That aside, how do you enjoy the Ryzen so far? Has the new tech glow worn off at all or are you happy with it?

Here is a vid on stock speeds, the game fps is pretty much the same, or within + - fps of 2-3. I also did the power tip, sadly no diff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CYfIv_b3uQ&feature=youtu.be

The mobo bios is up to date, but they will release another one this month I believe, maybe it helps. I like the Ryzen a lot when it comes to multi core tasks, sadly games are rare in this and if they are, not fully optimised. I am happy with it though, despite the lack of performance in some games but I knew this could/would happen. New tech, new issues.

Why do people complain?
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also,

Go into your BIOS and turn off SMT (Intel users call this Hyperthreading)

https://www.nas.nasa.gov/assets/pdf/papers/saini_s_impact_hyper_threading_2011.pdf

The following directly from NASA that did extensive testing on Intel Hyperhtread/SMT.

"Pitted against any potential benefit due to HT is the additional cost of executing with multiple threads. There is almost certainly going to be a time penalty due to increased contention in the memory hierarchy. The bottom line is that we will only see an overall benefit for HT if the time saved by utilizing the idle resources in the pipeline is greater than the extra time needed due to memory hierarchy contention."

Many users report games getting better smoother performance by turning off Hyperthreading in the Intel BIOS, and AMD Ryzen users are reporting Games running better on Ryzen Chips by turning off SMT in the BIOS.

Games are the EXACT scenario where resource contention can occur and where a "time penalty" would be most likely to happen.

My i5-7600k at stock clocks keeps my rig at 60 FPS in Vivec City....my Buddies i7-700k does too...as soon as he disabled Hyper Threading all his stuttering issues went away.

Hyperthreading/SMT wasn't designed for games in mind, it was more designed for server centric and scientific applications, Intel and AMD just saw a market for "more cores" and started selling them that way.

Hyperthreading/SMT allows one CPU core to service two threads, BUT the second thread is sharing some resources.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyper-threading

if you Disable SMT/Hyperthreading, then the game will only use "Real Cores" which means the logical cores won't be there to cause any resource contention. there are not very many games where Hyperthreading makes much o fa difference hence why I5's are so good.

Turning off SMT will give you 8 "Real cores(with no shared cache, FPU, etc) instead of 16 cores where 8 of those cores share resources.

Try it, I bet ESO smooths out a good bit with SMT/Hyperthreading turned off.
    Edited by RinaldoGandolphi on June 13, 2017 2:16PM
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Besides, you can always turn SMT/Hyperthreading back on in the BIOS very easily if you don't like it off.

There are some applications and programs that may not benefit from Hyperthread/SMT and ESO may be one of those programs.
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

• JinShepard01
    JinShepard01
    ✭✭✭
    Also,

Go into your BIOS and turn off SMT (Intel users call this Hyperthreading)

https://www.nas.nasa.gov/assets/pdf/papers/saini_s_impact_hyper_threading_2011.pdf

The following directly from NASA that did extensive testing on Intel Hyperhtread/SMT.

"Pitted against any potential benefit due to HT is the additional cost of executing with multiple threads. There is almost certainly going to be a time penalty due to increased contention in the memory hierarchy. The bottom line is that we will only see an overall benefit for HT if the time saved by utilizing the idle resources in the pipeline is greater than the extra time needed due to memory hierarchy contention."

Many users report games getting better smoother performance by turning off Hyperthreading in the Intel BIOS, and AMD Ryzen users are reporting Games running better on Ryzen Chips by turning off SMT in the BIOS.

Games are the EXACT scenario where resource contention can occur and where a "time penalty" would be most likely to happen.

My i5-7600k at stock clocks keeps my rig at 60 FPS in Vivec City....my Buddies i7-700k does too...as soon as he disabled Hyper Threading all his stuttering issues went away.

Hyperthreading/SMT wasn't designed for games in mind, it was more designed for server centric and scientific applications, Intel and AMD just saw a market for "more cores" and started selling them that way.

Hyperthreading/SMT allows one CPU core to service two threads, BUT the second thread is sharing some resources.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyper-threading

if you Disable SMT/Hyperthreading, then the game will only use "Real Cores" which means the logical cores won't be there to cause any resource contention. there are not very many games where Hyperthreading makes much o fa difference hence why I5's are so good.

Turning off SMT will give you 8 "Real cores(with no shared cache, FPU, etc) instead of 16 cores where 8 of those cores share resources.

Try it, I bet ESO smooths out a good bit with SMT/Hyperthreading turned off.

Sadly if I would have taken the bet you would have lost, the minimum fps are exactly the same on exactly the same spots within a margin of error like 2 fps. Here is the vid. The only conclusion is that ESO just don't know how to deal with Ryzen, which is to be expected! I just wish there would be more people with a Ryzen system making a video ( i use OBS, its free ) so we can compare.

https://youtu.be/nfgb0W8tyB8
    Why do people complain?
  • bennysbeastb16_ESO2
    i saw in ya video, at gfx section, your using a custom gfx addon, have you tried removing it... that could be causing a problem,
    it could help eliminate one of the causes
    Edited by bennysbeastb16_ESO2 on June 15, 2017 2:23PM
    ***2TB M2 nvme SSD ***
    *** Corsair 1200W PSU***
    *** Windows 10 x64 ***
  • JinShepard01
    JinShepard01
    ✭✭✭
    i saw in ya video, at gfx section, your using a custom gfx addon, have you tried removing it... that could be causing a problem,
    it could help eliminate one of the causes

Same results, I only leave it on because I can lower the resolution of some things.
    Why do people complain?
  • Esrai
    Esrai
    Thanks guys for the info with the SMT for Ryzen owners. I tested that at a particular spot where i had ~35fps and after i disabled SMT i got ~75fps at the same spot. Same conditions on both tests...around 2-3 players were there and same camera angle. Now even in rly crowded areas it wont drop below 45fps as of yet. I ran the same route as in the video...had the same fps but on my test run there were A LOT OF other players. I play on ultra with everything maxed out @1080p. My rig is a ryzen 7@3.9 with 16gb ddr4@2933 on an asus prime x370 pro. Graphicscard is a raedeon rx480@1330 and i use a samsung 850 evo. Both the os and the game are on that drive. OS is win 10home version 1703. AOC g2460pf Monitor @144hz using freesync. Ive noticed that before the change 1 core would be totally maxed out and a 2nd one used a little while the rest doesnt do much. Now there are 2 cores doing the major work while the rest does indeed do more work then before and not a single core gets totally maxed out. And thanks again for that tip...made the game enjoyable again.

EDIT: I use 9 Addons and have google chrome browser running on the second monitor. Listening to music or sometimes watching a movie while i play. More then 5 tabs open @ all times :/
    Edited by Esrai on June 16, 2017 5:44PM
    Willkommen Dämmerung die du einleitest die Dunkle Nacht.
    Verbreitend, deinen Charme.
    Umhüllst ein Jeden in diesem;
    Dunkelheit.
    In deiner Vollkommenheit sehe ich deine Seele,
    sehe ich dein Sein.
    Lichtlosigkeit die in mich eindringt;
    herrschend,
    schützend,
    erdrückend,
    sanft.
    Willkommen dunkle Nacht, ich akzeptiere dich.
  • JinShepard01
    JinShepard01
    ✭✭✭
    Esrai wrote: »
    Thanks guys for the info with the SMT for Ryzen owners. I tested that at a particular spot where i had ~35fps and after i disabled SMT i got ~75fps at the same spot. Same conditions on both tests...around 2-3 players were there and same camera angle. Now even in rly crowded areas it wont drop below 45fps as of yet. I ran the same route as in the video...had the same fps but on my test run there were A LOT OF other players. I play on ultra with everything maxed out @1080p. My rig is a ryzen 7@3.9 with 16gb ddr4@2933 on an asus prime x370 pro. Graphicscard is a raedeon rx480@1330 and i use a samsung 850 evo. Both the os and the game are on that drive. OS is win 10home version 1703. AOC g2460pf Monitor @144hz using freesync. Ive noticed that before the change 1 core would be totally maxed out and a 2nd one used a little while the rest doesnt do much. Now there are 2 cores doing the major work while the rest does indeed do more work then before and not a single core gets totally maxed out. And thanks again for that tip...made the game enjoyable again.

EDIT: I use 9 Addons and have google chrome browser running on the second monitor. Listening to music or sometimes watching a movie while i play. More then 5 tabs open @ all times :/

Could you make a video of it? OBS is completely free and easy to set up. (and by any chance your BLCK and CPU ratio from bios + the bios version)
    Why do people complain?
  • Esrai
    Esrai

Could you make a video of it? OBS is completely free and easy to set up. (and by any chance your BLCK and CPU ratio from bios + the bios version)

Sorry i have to take my euphoria back. After a night full of testing and fiddling around i noticed something. While SMT realy did change the performance a little, ive noticed that after playing for quite a while the fps start to drop. In regions where i had 50-60 fps they dropped to 30 and less. Feels like im back to square one -_-. Nevertheless ...Bios version is 0803 beta, the one with agesa 1006. And i didnt change the blck. Here are the changes i did to my cpu...nothing more.

591c88-1497712312.jpg
    Dunkelheit.
    sehe ich dein Sein.
    herrschend,
    schützend,
    erdrückend,
    sanft.
  • catch22atplay
    catch22atplay
    ✭✭
    My cpu and mobo are both over 6 years old. Graphics updated to a GTX970. I run 25 addons btw to include unit frame mods. With lower settings i don't have your issues. Well except in some 12 man trials. Swear they screwed something up with the morrowind expansion or windows 10. Last 3 weeks or so fps has been crap in raids.

I've had terrible luck with any of the addons that change settings to increase performance or whatnot. Uninstall that crud and just edit the settings file. Besides having an AMD cpu the other problem is the settings themselves. The 3 settings that most effect the cpu are as follows.

Shadow quality: This is a misnomer. It's actually shadow distance. Lower it to High.

Water reflection quality: Lower to Medium

View Distance: Drop to whatever works for you. It's only some objects that aren't rendered. I use 60 myself.

Turn particles down to 768 as you'll never notice a difference at any higher setting. Match the distance with view distance.

Here's a few settings that help without any visual quality lowering except as noted.

SET COLOR_CORRECTION "0"

Neither of these 2 appear to effect visual quality yet reduce cpu load.

SET MIP_LOAD_SKIP_LEVELS "0"

0=high, 1=med, 2=low. What they call supreme textures is -1, -2 or -3. With -3 being the most demanding. FYI it's not like the Skyrim texture pack. What this does is increase the distance at which you see textures clearly. Appears to only affect player character and NPC textures. Look at an npc 20 feet away then slowly approach them. You will see clear textures at a certain distance. If you can't live with a setting of 0 then try one of the more demanding settings starting at -1.

Edited by catch22atplay on June 17, 2017 4:12PM
  • JinShepard01
    JinShepard01
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry i have to take my euphoria back. After a night full of testing and fiddling around i noticed something. While SMT realy did change the performance a little, ive noticed that after playing for quite a while the fps start to drop. In regions where i had 50-60 fps they dropped to 30 and less. Feels like im back to square one -_-. Nevertheless ...Bios version is 0803 beta, the one with agesa 1006. And i didnt change the blck. Here are the changes i did to my cpu...nothing more.

591c88-1497712312.jpg

Bummer, maybe a memory leak of some kind, gj getting 2933 to work with AI overclock =D

My cpu and mobo are both over 6 years old. Graphics updated to a GTX970. I run 25 addons btw to include unit frame mods. With lower settings i don't have your issues. Well except in some 12 man trials. Swear they screwed something up with the morrowind expansion or windows 10. Last 3 weeks or so fps has been crap in raids.

I've had terrible luck with any of the addons that change settings to increase performance or whatnot. Uninstall that crud and just edit the settings file. Besides having an AMD cpu the other problem is the settings themselves. The 3 settings that most effect the cpu are as follows.

Shadow quality: This is a misnomer. It's actually shadow distance. Lower it to High.

View Distance: Drop to whatever works for you. It's only some objects that aren't rendered. I use 60 myself.

Turn particles down to 768 as you'll never notice a difference at any higher setting. Match the distance with view distance.

Here's a few settings that help without any visual quality lowering except as noted.

SET COLOR_CORRECTION "0"

0=high, 1=med, 2=low. What they call supreme textures is -1, -2 or -3. With -3 being the most demanding. FYI it's not like the Skyrim texture pack. What this does is increase the distance at which you see textures clearly. Appears to only affect player character and NPC textures. Look at an npc 20 feet away then slowly approach them. You will see clear textures at a certain distance. If you can't live with a setting of 0 then try one of the more demanding settings starting at -1.

Ill try again, though -3 really does look a lot sharper then 0, even close range! But if it uses CPU power instead of GPU (which makes more sense if its textures!) ill change it.
    Why do people complain?
  • Esrai
    Esrai

591c88-1497712312.jpg

Bummer, maybe a memory leak of some kind, gj getting 2933 to work with AI overclock =D

SET COLOR_CORRECTION "0"

Ill try again, though -3 really does look a lot sharper then 0, even close range! But if it uses CPU power instead of GPU (which makes more sense if its textures!) ill change it.

Tried those settings too. Gave me about 3-7 fps. I dont know if the patch did anything but i noticed that my cpu is being utilized more then before...i had around 30% cpu utilization before and now all 8 cores (still running with deactivated SMT) are being used at around 40-50% and rly well balanced between the cores. But it is still kind of sad to see that my cpu is not being used even more. Another strange thing is my GPU. The activity of it jumps around like crazy from 0% to 100% so its around 50% in average or so the amd watchman tool says. Dont know if this is normal behavior since i never rly had a reason to observe this but i think its kind of strange. Well ill try to see if i can get anything usefull out of it. And thanks for sharing your Infos and experience here :)
    Dunkelheit.
    sehe ich dein Sein.
    herrschend,
    schützend,
    erdrückend,
    sanft.
  • coplannb16_ESO
    coplannb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ryzen 1600X User here. I also see FPS drops here and there (trials are a pain sometimes), but overall the game does run ok, but not as good as it should (16 GB RAM @ 3200 Mhz+AMP2 Profile, Radeon RX480 OCed, Ryzen 1600x, 6 Cores @3.7 Ghz-4.0Ghz SMT disabled).I believe this is #1 a problem with the game engine itsself (not using cores properly, not using GPU properly thus straining the CPU more than needed). And yes it got worse with Morrowind.

Then there is Windows10 and its scheduler. What I experienced especially with SMT enabled were random fps drops to like zero FPS for 5-20 seconds (latency went up to 9999+ at the same time). This got me killed more than once in vMA. What happened was a core-switch, e.g. ESOs main threads moved from one core to another. This can be deadly if the target core is not on the same CCX because it cannot access the same cache.
    This is not a new problem in computing, but especially bad for the new Ryzen-architecture because it is different from all Intel-CPUs and thus neither games nor the operating system are optimised for it.
    I got rid of the problem by deactivating SMT and setting the core-affinity manually (everytime I start the ESO client). Basically Start ESO, open the task manager. Go to processes, fine ESO-Exe (eso64.exe for me), right click and select "set affinity"- or something similar (I run a german Win10 so do not know what it is exactly called in english).

Anyway, you now have to select the cores that are on the same CCX. For a 6-core Ryzen that should be core 0,1,2 versus 3,4,5. For an 8-core Ryzen it is 0,1,2,3, versus 4,5,6,7.

Taken from a german tech-article: http://www.pcgameshardware.de/screenshots/original/2017/03/AMD-Ryzen-CCX-Latenzen-1-pcgh.png

Deselect the rest. As ESO does not make good use of more than 1 or 2 cores it does not change the overall performance of the game, but will eliminate the real serious gamebreaking "freezes".

Next thing: Id delete your usersettings-file, the game will create a new one with default settings. Try those first to get a baseline for your FPS. Some guides on how to improve FPS in ESO tell you to change stuff there like numworkerthreads and so on. With Intel Core I5 that advice worked, but with Ryzen I had better performance with the standard-settings.

Then, get some memory that runs @ 3200 MHz. Use 2+8 GB and install them correctly (e.g. with my board I have to use slot 1 and 3, not 0 and 4, other configurations can cause instability or bad performance or even prevent booting). Your mainboard-manufacturer has a list of supported DIMM modules and their max supported settings. I got Corsairs that are supported by my MSI Gaming Carbon X370 and it had no issues detecting and running it @3200 Mhz

Then it might be beneficial to deactivate the turbo mode, but instead keep your cores at a set frequency. A dynamical increase or drop to frequency can cause FPS drops and stuttering because the threads on the other cores get out of sync

Lastly, you can experiment with the windows gaming mode if you got Win10 and Creatores Update. You can completely deactivate it or activate it and manually add ESO to use the gaming-mode. By default Win10 does not recognise ESO to be a game apparently.
    Edited by coplannb16_ESO on June 30, 2017 1:38PM
    max level: mDK, stamBlade, stamSorc, magPlar, mDen, stamDen, magBlade, stamCro
    ESO+
    # of mules: 4 (FULL)
    maxed bank: FULL -_-
    Stop the grind! Get rid of stupid events and daily-quest gallore. Get rid of "have a chance of 1 in a million to get a piece of 1 in 30 to get a stupid motif or pet... wtf..."
    And at this point just remove all classes and have everyone choose their set of skills. then balance accordingly to skills always used vs. skills never used.
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

gl
    That's not how it works.
    If a PSU has 500w listed, then it is going to supply you 500w, but at a 90% efficiency it is going to draw an extra ~50W(~550W total) from the grid.
    Edited by tplink3r1 on June 30, 2017 2:09PM
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer