Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Ring of the Viper

Crowzer
Crowzer
✭✭✭
Hello!

I'm curently farming the set of the Viper and I would like to know where the ring can be looted ? Is it Fungal Grotto I or II ? And which boss drop it ?
I'm doing it in normal mode.

Thank.
  • Tempah
    Tempah
    ✭✭✭
    Fungal grotto 1. 1st boss I farmed my rings and necklace there
    Dro'mathra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redemeer, Tick Tock Tormentor, The Unchained, Exstinguisher of Flames, Flawless Conqueror
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can drop in both versions of the dungeon. Loot-table doesn´t differ on either 1 or 2 (same goes for all dungeons that got 2 versions of it.)
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Both, in either vet or normal version(normal will have blue drops though, which is fine except for jewelry). Jewelry and weapons can only drop off last boss/chests/very very rarely trash.

There're also unique named drops that can drop from bosses and Tempah is right it seems, you're in luck - first boss of FG I evidently drops both ring and neck, so I suppose it'd be easier to farm just that on vet. Or do full FG I run without skipping chests, jewelry generally doesn't take too long to get.
  • drakhan2002_ESO
    drakhan2002_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's a trick you can do make the grind less...if you have multiple high level characters. You can park several toons at a particular boss. While there is no guarantee, you may get a difference instance of the dungeon that the one you're in. Giving you more chances to loot the boss...plus it gives you time to let the boss respawn between login/logouts. Another way to "force" a boss spawn is to clear the trash around them. It appears that public dungeon boss spawn after a certain time OR if the trash around them is cleared they spawn much quicker.
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Here's a trick you can do make the grind less...if you have multiple high level characters. You can park several toons at a particular boss. While there is no guarantee, you may get a difference instance of the dungeon that the one you're in. Giving you more chances to loot the boss...plus it gives you time to let the boss respawn between login/logouts. Another way to "force" a boss spawn is to clear the trash around them. It appears that public dungeon boss spawn after a certain time OR if the trash around them is cleared they spawn much quicker.

Viper drops in group dungeons, not publics/open world. You can't "park" characters in group dungeons(besides, monsters never respawn there until everyone leaves and the instance resets).
  • Crowzer
    Crowzer
    ✭✭✭
    By the way, I got Tazkad's Band on my 2nd runs.

Nood question: can we have 2 Tazkad's Band equipped or only one ?
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Crowzer wrote: »
    By the way, I got Tazkad's Band on my 2nd runs.

Nood question: can we have 2 Tazkad's Band equipped or only one ?

You can have two. It used to be that you could only have one but they changed that a patch or two ago.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Tempah
    Tempah
    ✭✭✭
    vet 2 2nd boss drops a sharp dagger if you just want any sharp weapon. only thing that can be a grind is the shield of you are going sb
    Dro'mathra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redemeer, Tick Tock Tormentor, The Unchained, Exstinguisher of Flames, Flawless Conqueror