The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Changing the gamertag linked to my eso account

luckylaes28
luckylaes28
Soul Shriven
Hi I used my xbox main home account to purchase the morrowind update but i have never played eso on the gamertag (i use a different home account). if i start the game with that gamertag it offers me the chance to link to an existing eso account if i link to this account will all my characters, DLC and subscriptions transfer to that gamertag?
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No they won't

Each gamertag is completely seperate.
    Also prob not a good idea to unlink if you have characters and stuff on the other gamertag BUT you can if you want to

You won't be able to play Morrowind tho. It will only be accessible under the account who purchased the add-on

Yo do know if you're doing this to game share you can set that Xbox as your home account and turn off auto log in and put a pass code on it but others can share your digital games using their own gamertags while you use your primary gamertag anywhere else.
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on June 7, 2017 11:02PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
    Options
  • luckylaes28
    luckylaes28
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for the reply I don't quite understand your last paragraph. At the moment we have one main account (gamer tag) which has a gold subscription but is not used for anything other than to purchase content. Each member of the family uses their own linked gamer tag to play. I am the only one who plays ESO so I am trying to share the game. This has never been a problem any other game or application.
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the reply I don't quite understand your last paragraph. At the moment we have one main account (gamer tag) which has a gold subscription but is not used for anything other than to purchase content. Each member of the family uses their own linked gamer tag to play. I am the only one who plays ESO so I am trying to share the game. This has never been a problem any other game or application.

The last comment....you should not have another account because the main account that you set to that console as it's home console. That account shares all it's owned digital games to that console regardless of whether that account is logged in.

So someone should be using that account.
    My situation

My account is set to share on one of our two consoles at home. My kids and wife have their own individual accounts.
    I use that account which shares games and gold (my account) on another console simultaneously while they also use their accounts and since I own the content, anywhere I log in while online, I can play my games and dlc anywhere. Since I set that console as home, they have gold as so do I.

You shouldn't have a main account and then another....

Read this a few times
    Link

If there are kids...consider the family opportunities too
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on June 8, 2017 8:44PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
    Options