The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

[Xbox] After patching cannot start the game

Avalon
Avalon
✭✭✭✭✭
I have everything installed, have tried restarting the console, etc... but, I try to open the game, it starts, I get to the new Morrowind splash screen, and then the game goes back to the dashboard. I cannot log in, cannot get to anywhere, and it took me all day to install. So, what's up with this?
  • deffbee
    deffbee
    Soul Shriven
    Im experiencing the same thing and xbox is not having any issues relating to ESO, so you can't pass the buck to them.
  • Avalon
    Avalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have cleared cache, hard booted, changed MAC address, and more... I am really trying hard to not have to reinstall the game, because that is a 78 GB download! It took all day to get a 32 GB download done for Morrowind, 78?? Talking 2 entire days of not playing, not getting any other games, not getting any DLCs or even pack for other games because I need to finish downloading THIS atrocity... So, I am really hoping to not need to reinstall.
  • deffbee
    deffbee
    Soul Shriven
    If we have to go through all that, we should definitely get some sort of restitution.
  • Avalon
    Avalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not really sure if I would do that for any form of restitution. If I have to delete the game, I will probably just leave it deleted.
  • Pepper8Jack
    Pepper8Jack
    ✭✭✭
    Xbox NA is still down, though it doesn't sound like your issue is server side. The only thing I might recommend is waiting until the issue gets resolved. Maybe give your xbox a full shut down and some time to cool off after all that downloading lol

After they get the servers back up, if you still run into the same problem, I'd consider going into your storage and clearing your saved games. I've had that work once in the past. Be aware though that if you've been playing other games while not connected to xbox live you do run the risk of losing progress with this method.
  • Avalon
    Avalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, so, servers are back up, xbox live is fine, and, I still crash right after the initial splash screen. I have tried clearing cache, tried hard reset, tried changing mac address (even though I don't understand how that can even be done since MAC Address is a hard-address (physical)? But, in any case, I am still unable to even log into this game at all, cannot even get past the splash screen that pops up when opening the game.
  • Avalon
    Avalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And, still cannot log in.
  • Avalon
    Avalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just checked again, and nope, still cannot log in. Upon searching the support area for ESO, I have discovered a NEW and EXCITING problem: I cannot submit a help ticket unless I can log into the game!! Since I cannot do that, and cannot seem to do so on the website, either, this means my problem will be limited to being seen on the forums. That's awesome, since getting anything noticed on forums is spotty at best... Please tell me we have SOMEONE watching these things? I cannot log in, I have tried all sorts of solutions, none have worked, I am still stuck with the exact same dilemma. I need help.
  • Avalon
    Avalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Woke up, tried again, nope, no changes. And, more distressing? No replies from any staff on how to fix this issue, either.