Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

Steam Gift Morrowind DLC wont receive to Library since purchased base game from Zenimax Online

ganja.mullarwb17_ESO
Hey there,
Sorry for the confusing title. Im having this little issue, I've always purchased my digital content from Zenimax directly (Base game and Crowns). Recently, a friend gifted me the Morrowind DLC in Steam and i can't accept it as i don't have the base game purchased from Steam. I tried to add it to steam games as a Non-Steam Game but that still wont detect it as downloaded. Any help available for this little hiccup?

Much Appreciated!
  • strebor2095
    strebor2095
    ✭✭✭
    also have this issue, no idea how to resolve it. Giving this a bump!
    Options
  • strebor2095
    strebor2095
    ✭✭✭
    okay so OP I looked it up. Apparently the only solution is to buy the Steam copy of ESO:Tamriel Unlimited, regardless if you have the non-Steam copy because linking accounts only works one way....
    Options
  • ganja.mullarwb17_ESO
    Well ***... is that what i get for buying the game for $79.99 during early release? What a way to treat your loyal customers.. A simple solution would be to add a code for every steam copy sold but even that they didn't bother with. What crap.
    Options
  • strebor2095
    strebor2095
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, I spoke to ESO Support and they are just blaming Steam, they have no control over it apparently. I don't get how you can have no control over distribution of your digital product. I advise you to open a ticket with Steam like I have done, and also contacy your countries digital media government body for misleading advertising
    Options
  • kertaisb16_ESO
    kertaisb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    The steam says:

The purchase of a Tamriel Unlimited or Gold Edition game cannot be combined with any existing Elder Scrolls Online account and must be accessed separately through the Steam client.
    Options