The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

ZOS - PLEASE respond. I asked this once before and got ignored....

Rittings
Rittings
✭✭✭✭✭
So, I use a UK PSN (I'm from the UK originally). I live in the United States and ALL my games I purchase physically here. US codes do not work for me... never have.

I pre-ordered a physical copy of Morrowind - and now I find I need to use a code that obviously won't work. $100+ wasted... how do I get a valid code?

@ZOS_CoriJ @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_GaryA @ZOS_TristanK @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just curious.. WHY did you spend the $100? When you already have games that didnt work.

Its pretty simple.. EU has a different hardware code, so only stuff bought in EU plays in EU electronics.

You need to buy a NA PSN.
    Edited by Darlgon on June 6, 2017 3:02PM
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darlgon wrote: »
    Just curious.. WHY did you spend the $100? When you already have games that didnt work.

Its pretty simple.. EU has a different hardware code, so only stuff bought in EU plays in EU electronics.

You obviously have no clue what you're talking about. Thanks for trying to respond... the coding is exactly the same. I use an American PS4 - but my PSN is UK. Sony do NOT migrate accounts internationally - so they said I should make an American one and lose all my PSN achievements. I wasn't going to do that.

I'm okay not have codes for things like "any race any alliance". But when I buy an actual game (and this is an EXPANSION and an actual game) I fully expect the game to WORK!!! Not be restricted because of some crappy code that prevents me using it because I happen to play on a foreign PSN. This is nonsense and backward thinking in a world that is meant to be more connected digitally than ever.

So... if you don't know what you're talking about, keep your comments to yourself. I'll wait for someone who can help. Thanks.
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rittings wrote: »

You obviously have no clue what you're talking about. Thanks for trying to respond... the coding is exactly the same. I use an American PS4 - but my PSN is UK. Sony do NOT migrate accounts internationally - so they said I should make an American one and lose all my PSN achievements. I wasn't going to do that.

I'm okay not have codes for things like "any race any alliance". But when I buy an actual game (and this is an EXPANSION and an actual game) I fully expect the game to WORK!!! Not be restricted because of some crappy code that prevents me using it because I happen to play on a foreign PSN. This is nonsense and backward thinking in a world that is meant to be more connected digitally than ever.

So... if you don't know what you're talking about, keep your comments to yourself. I'll wait for someone who can help. Thanks.

Seems to me you should be asking Sony

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigtric wrote: »

Seems to me you should be asking Sony

I did. They say they don't migrate accounts. And that codes issued for access in games is at the Software companies discretion and that I need to take it up with them. but I can't call ZoS because they don't provide a telephone number. This is my only way.
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You just should've bough expansion in EU store instead of physical box for code
    hqdefault.jpg
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Which is why, if you search, I asked this question over a month ago and Zenimax didn't respond. I wanted the CE edition. Don't try to lecture me on what I should and should not do. When I buy a game disc, I expect it to work. Period. I wasn't even expecting the codes for the bonus materials to work - I know they never do... but I expect the game itself to work... that should be a MINIMUM expectation of a reasonable person.

Incidentally, I cannot purchase anything in the UK store because I do not have a UK credit or debit card. Sony are really to blame here - but then you don't expect Software houses to screw you too by shifting goal posts.
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Which is why, if you search, I asked this question over a month ago and Zenimax didn't respond. I wanted the CE edition. Don't try to lecture me on what I should and should not do. When I buy a game disc, I expect it to work. Period. I wasn't even expecting the codes for the bonus materials to work - I know they never do... but I expect the game itself to work... that should be a MINIMUM expectation of a reasonable person.

Incidentally, I cannot purchase anything in the UK store because I do not have a UK credit or debit card. Sony are really to blame here - but then you don't expect Software houses to screw you too by shifting goal posts.
    Meh, you can't move your steam, xbox live account as well from one region to another, it's how © works, not exclusively Sony.
    If you would ask before buying you would know that your kind of unique situation isn't handled at any side and maybe bought PSN british pound card code.

ZoS could give you code, it cost nothing to them, but it's never gonna happen
    Edited by Sugaroverdose on June 6, 2017 4:23PM
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Meh, you can't move your steam, xbox live account as well from one region to another, it's how © works, not exclusively Sony.
    If you would ask before buying you would know that your kind of unique situation isn't handled at any side and maybe bought PSN british pound card code.

You're wrong... you can migrate Steam and Xbox Live accounts...

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/microsoft-account/update-microsoft-account-country-region

It's not hard at all. It is exclusively Sony that do not offer this service ;)
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In that case. after 2 seconds of searching. THIS is what SONY has to say.. Official reply and everything.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Network-Support/Can-I-use-psn-cards-in-another-country/td-p/37456757

And, while you are reading to catch up on the 1990s.. here.. read this too about how DVDs are region or country locked, just like the PSN cards.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD_region_code
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You're wrong... you can migrate Steam and Xbox Live accounts...

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/microsoft-account/update-microsoft-account-country-region

It's not hard at all. It is exclusively Sony that do not offer this service ;)
    So much stuff changed, than you're right but i can't actually understand how they're accounting handles such transfers
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In that case. after 2 seconds of searching. THIS is what SONY has to say.. Official reply and everything.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Network-Support/Can-I-use-psn-cards-in-another-country/td-p/37456757

And, while you are reading to catch up on the 1990s.. here.. read this too about how DVDs are region or country locked, just like the PSN cards.

Pure and simple. Region locking is a marketing strategy - it's not a coding one. You can unlock the region to a DVD player easily - and in case you didn't know it already, video games are region free. Maybe YOU need to catch up to the 21st century.

This is neither a game coding issue, nor a region one. This is based on the fact that Zenimax decided to put an access code on their game. This was designed to prevent pre-owned games being sold and re-sold and to limit one copy per account. The problem is, by doing so, they've also ostracized people like me. You really need to understand the problem here again before commenting and trolling.
    Edited by Rittings on June 6, 2017 6:13PM
  • pky1029
    pky1029
    ✭✭
    Unfortunately your best bet is to ask for a refund from your local retailer, i highly doubt zenimax or sony will issue you a new working code. If you did the research on the forum i believe there was a thread that mentioned the game come with a code for morrowind access.. therefore you should've ordered the EU version of the game as psn codes are region locked
  • aishsha
    aishsha
    ✭✭✭

Pure and simple. Region locking is a marketing strategy - it's not a coding one. You can unlock the region to a DVD player easily - and in case you didn't know it already, video games are region free. Maybe YOU need to catch up to the 21st century.

This is neither a game coding issue, nor a region one. This is based on the fact that Zenimax decided to put an access code on their game. This was designed to prevent pre-owned games being sold and re-sold and to limit one copy per account. The problem is, by doing so, they've also ostracized people like me. You really need to understand the problem here again before commenting and trolling.

I actually second to that. What's the point of selling a "physical" edition of Morro if it still has the code which requires downloading and account/region locked? This is not marketing - it's a scam.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did my research. The code referred to PC version - and not physical copies of it. It was my understanding that the codes inside he physical CE edition were for the bonus content and NOT just to access the game!!!. I asked that question too - but again - got no response for Zeni.

I agree with the above poster too. It stinks of a scam rather than marketing. They wanted to sell this game like a DLC, whereby it's account locked and cannot be sold on. But doing that would have meant they would have had to give it to ESO+ members for just their monthly fee... so .. they chose Expansion route to maximize profits. Problem is, they had to offer a physical copy as they were selling it as a brand new part of the base game. In doing so, they knew it could be re-sold upon completion. This way - they are able to prevent the resale and still lock it to one account.

It's a scam. No ifs or buts. However, we bought into that - but what I'm experiencing is something quite different. Their efforts to lock this product has frozen me, and many like me, out.

I indeed have taken back the Colector's Edition to the store - with all the pre-order bonuses it came with. They can no longer re-sell those pre-order bonuses. But ultimately it's Zenimax that won't get that sale. Gamestop were awesome about it. And they are deeply mad and upset with Zenimax for this ..
  • aishsha
    aishsha
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly. You basically purchase yet ANOTHER disc with the main game - hell knows for what.

P.S. And I am in the same situation as you are - live in a different country now. Sony was stupid, alright, but even they never tried making a product account-locked - you can have as many accounts as you like on a single console and play all your purchases there in case you change location.
    Edited by aishsha on June 6, 2017 9:26PM
  • Usmcwife130311
    Usmcwife130311
    Soul Shriven
    I can understand your frustration and I'm very sorry you're having to go through this. No one should have to work hard for their money only to feel as though they've been taken for a ride by a company they trusted so here's my advice...if you say that physical copies work and the codes do not and since zos doesn't have a phone number to call them at have you tried filing a report from your in game menu? Like you're reporting a bug or reporting another player? Put your issue in the comment box and wait for a reply. That way have a direct link to them. If they don't answer that then by all means spam the daylights out of them until they give you an answer! Good luck with it and I hope you can get some resolve very soon!
  • aishsha
    aishsha
    ✭✭✭
    I did my research. The code referred to PC version - and not physical copies of it. It was my understanding that the codes inside he physical CE edition were for the bonus content and NOT just to access the game!!!. I asked that question too - but again - got no response for Zeni.

I agree with the above poster too. It stinks of a scam rather than marketing. They wanted to sell this game like a DLC, whereby it's account locked and cannot be sold on. But doing that would have meant they would have had to give it to ESO+ members for just their monthly fee... so .. they chose Expansion route to maximize profits. Problem is, they had to offer a physical copy as they were selling it as a brand new part of the base game. In doing so, they knew it could be re-sold upon completion. This way - they are able to prevent the resale and still lock it to one account.
    In any case, if not too hard, please, inform of your findings - whether it's region/account locked. For me, the situation is even worse - I cannot buy any edition online, and it seems they decided to spit on the asian area completely and not release it there at all.