Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Now require Morrowind purchase to play Tamriel unlimited??

Keiro
Keiro
✭✭
So I recently jumped back on ESO and found today that the latest update pretty much locks me out of playing a game that I paid money for? This to me is ***.

Best Answer

• Keiro
    Keiro
    ✭✭
    In the end I just bought the dlc...
    Answer ✓
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That shouldn't be the case at all.

Were you trying to connect during the downtime for the update?

If you had a previous account you should still be able to log into the game and play the base content. If you have issues with that I would suggest contacting support via the support page link on the sites banner above.

Just click "web assist" on the right hand side then you can create a support ticket.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Keiro
    Keiro
    ✭✭
    The update happened automatically when I tried to launch ESO, there's absolutely no way to avoid it and when I go in the game it shows the Morrowind title, no way at all the get back to the original Tamriel unlimited screen. When I select server and launch it just says I don't have Morrowind and cannot continue.
  • Greydir
    Greydir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a PS4 Problem. On PC players without Morrowind could just log in, but are unable to travel to Vvardenfell
    Ebenherzpakt
    Sir Greydir - Dunmer DK
    Don Greydir - Kajit NB
    Ser Greydir - Imperial DK
    Dieser-Greydir-Heilt - Argonier Templer
    Greydir Finsterklinge - Bretone NB
    Greydir Drakenson - Nord Hüter
    Clear: vAA HM - vHrC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF TTT - vAS [+2] - vCR [+3] GH - vSS HM - vKA HM - vRG
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keiro wrote: »
    The update happened automatically when I tried to launch ESO, there's absolutely no way to avoid it and when I go in the game it shows the Morrowind title, no way at all the get back to the original Tamriel unlimited screen. When I select server and launch it just says I don't have Morrowind and cannot continue.
    You have will have all the files and look of Morrowind but your access is still there.

Just log in as per normal and it's fine. The restriction to access is within the game not at the client log in.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Cêltic421
    Cêltic421
    ✭✭✭✭
    Keiro wrote: »

Hit "O" to continue. It even tell you lol. You can still play base game but sadly every single accounts needs a code or bought from a digital store.
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're not locked out. Every MMO changes it's title screen to reflect major expansions even for non-buyers. Heck even Destiny did it for each of their expansions.
    Edited by vivisectvib16_ESO on June 9, 2017 9:38PM