Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

BEST WAY TO FARM SPRIGGANS

SameMeteor26
SameMeteor26
✭✭✭
As the title says, what is the best way to farm spriggans. I tried looking for chest, could only find simple chest, if at all. Tried farming wb, only could get helm and chest. Tried dolmens, out of the hundred dolmens I got 0 spriggans.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually got two Spriggans chest pieces yesterday while going through the last of the Alliance Questline. I have an Infused piece for sale in my Guild, but we don't have a Trader. :p

If you have the Gold for it, you can buy Spriggans pieces from major Guilds that have Traders, but yeah it'll be difficult finding purple jewelry for sale, and if you do it'll cost you.

Otherwise, just rotate the Dolmens for the jewelry, and do Delve Bosses and World Bosses for armor pieces.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How to Farm Spriggans:

Step One: Plant a taproot.
    Step Two: Water your taproot
    Step Three: Watch your spriggan grow. (careful they bite!)
    Step Four: ???
    Step Five: Harvest
    Edited by ShedsHisTail on June 2, 2017 11:38PM
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
  • SameMeteor26
    SameMeteor26
    ✭✭✭
    How to Farm Spriggans:

Very funny
  • Ilawynde
    Ilawynde
    ✭✭✭
    This might be of interest to you.

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Overland_Sets
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How to Farm Spriggans:

I was just going to say run around Grahtwood. They're everywhere...
  • SameMeteor26
    SameMeteor26
    ✭✭✭
    anyone know a better way. Cuz I've tried all the ways listed and they are so unreliable. I swear they make the drop rate of spriggans way lower than vampire lord and seventh legion.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pretty cheap at guild traders...on ps4/na jewelry would probably cost anywhere from 30 to 50k for the set, probably another 2 to 10k or so a piece to get the armor in divines or impenetrable...weapons will run you around 10 to 15k for precise or sharpened (2H sharpened axe is awarded for a quest)

there may be a couple of quests in bangkorai which reward different pieces...dolmens and world bosses can get pretty tedious - give razak's wheel a go...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • GriMTriAd
    GriMTriAd
    ✭✭✭
    Armor Pieces:
    Look for green divine pieces on Guild Traders you can sometimes pick them up for 500-1000 gold, don't pay more than 4k
    Upgrade through crafting skills to make them purple (as long as you haven't worn it, a friend/guildy can upgrade them)
    Chests, world bosses, and delve bosses can drop these.

Weapons:
    Why in gods name are you doing thing to yourself? Craft your weapons with your crafted set...
    Otherwise world bosses and delve bosses can drop these.
    Sharpened Spriggan Daggers/Axes go for 125k each.

Jewelry:
    Grind dolmens until you've found a couple of purple pieces.
    Sell the extra pieces either in zone chat or with a guild trader
    Use the profit to buy the piece you failed to get (usually a ring)
    Necklaces sell for 15-30k rings sell for 25-40k. You need to find two extra necklaces for each ring you want.

_WAter_
  • Cyn_v84
    Cyn_v84
    ✭✭✭
    With a lot of patience and frustration... sadly.
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends what weapons you want. I found 5 aetherial dusts in Bangkorai before I found a sharpened dagger... everything else just from getting into a good treasure chest circle.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Farm the public dungeon. I got more sharpened Spriggan's weapons that way than I could count (including daggers). I'm surprised how many people don't know this. I see people farming chests (horrible drop rate) and WBs (you need a group to be efficient) all the time, but few people in the public dungeons.

Just pick a rotation of 3 bosses and keep killing them over and over again. Killing more than 3 is pointless since loot goes on a 5 minute cooldown after you've killed 3 bosses. Kill the imperial mobs around the place while you wait for your rotation to respawn and then use the gold to buy Spriggan's body pieces. You'll be making around 20-30k an hour just from the gold and junk dropped by the mobs. You'll get at least a few sharpened weapons a week. The ones you don't need you can sell. If you don't have the weapon you need by the end of the week, you'll have made at least 500k+ gold and can just buy it.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on June 3, 2017 4:19AM
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends what weapons you want. I found 5 aetherial dusts in Bangkorai before I found a sharpened dagger... everything else just from getting into a good treasure chest circle.

Chest farming is horribly inefficient since you're relying on RNG to give you high level chests. You also can't have too many other players in the area or you'll be competing with them for a finite resource.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on June 3, 2017 4:17AM
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Start at rawl kha. If no guil trader has a deal port to Mournhold. Then Wayrest, elden root and daggerfall.

Best deals come from stormhold but it's hit or miss.
  • supaskrub
    supaskrub
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Chest farming is horribly inefficient since you're relying on RNG to give you high level chests. You also can't have too many other players in the area or you'll be competing with them for a finite resource.

Two sharp spriggs swords in a few hours running a chest circle on Bangkorai, 1 sharp spriggs bow, jewelry from chests and dolmens, most of the body pieces in divines, all of this from chests inside one day (treasure hunter passage active in cp tree). Spent the two days prior running Razak's Wheel and the overland boss loop and made a ton of gold but nothing worth keeping.

Treasure hunter passive does noticeably increase set item drop rate from simple chests.
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    supaskrub wrote: »

Two sharp spriggs swords in a few hours running a chest circle on Bangkorai, 1 sharp spriggs bow, jewelry from chests and dolmens, most of the body pieces in divines, all of this from chests inside one day (treasure hunter passage active in cp tree). Spent the two days prior running Razak's Wheel and the overland boss loop and made a ton of gold but nothing worth keeping.

Treasure hunter passive does noticeably increase set item drop rate from simple chests.

^^ this
  • SameMeteor26
    SameMeteor26
    ✭✭✭
    supaskrub wrote: »

Could you please message me your route. I've been running around trying to find chest and I just can't. You can privately send it to me so no one else can see it.
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Go to the area around the Viridian woods wayshrine in Bangkorai.

There are 3 world bosses fairly close together as well as a dolmen and a couple of delves,and nearly
    always a farming group going.

The bosses in the public dungeon in SW Bangkorai (Razaks Wheel) drop weapons more often,although i
    haven't had much in sharpened and probably need to pray more to R.N.Gesus. :)
  • sickboy2808
    sickboy2808
    ✭✭✭
    I Got a sprigg dagger from a Simple Treasure Chest with the CP Treasure Passive so dont give up looking in them. Bought the other one for alot of gold
    ZOS takes cheating very Lightly. You have been warned, and any cheaters found out will get the Least punishment possible...